SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Ridge 03-30-08

Go down 
AuthorMessage
nocerisdave
SSXSRider Member
nocerisdave

Number of posts : 5674
Registration date : 2008-01-22

The Ridge 03-30-08 Empty
PostSubject: The Ridge 03-30-08   The Ridge 03-30-08 EmptySun Mar 30, 2008 11:15 pm

Atv Rick a friend of mine with an RZR and about 40-50 other folks with SxS's road the Ridge today. I was suprised by the trails which offered more than I expected in the way of variety. Having been to Wilburns I would say The Ridge compares quite close. Wilburns has more miles from what I have heard but the Ridge offers more technical in the woods type riding that I prefer. We rode an area called "death valley" on our last loop which was the coolest by far. I believe I counted 8 small and I mean very small bridges we have to cross over and a couple hills that were.........a little more than challanging. Besides us 3 going up them didnt see but two others make it besides us. It would be a toss up between Wiburns and the Ridge for me. Here are a few pics I took. I didnt get any out in trails like I should have but go here to check um out.

https://s296.photobucket.com/albums/mm171/nocerisdave/?special_track=nav_tab_album
Back to top Go down
nocerisdave
SSXSRider Member
nocerisdave

Number of posts : 5674
Registration date : 2008-01-22

The Ridge 03-30-08 Empty
PostSubject: Camping at The Ridge   The Ridge 03-30-08 EmptySun Mar 30, 2008 11:33 pm

By the way, there looked like some very nice camp sites and 6-8 small cabins at the Ridge.....for the ones who like to camp. Not sure about priceing but I am sure you can find it here,

http://www.ridgeriding.com/
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

The Ridge 03-30-08 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Ridge 03-30-08   The Ridge 03-30-08 EmptyMon Mar 31, 2008 7:55 am

Great Ride Yesterday! For all that missed it you missed a good ride. If you want a challenging trail; try "Organ Donar" at the Ridge. That is the last trail in Death Valley we went up.

Wheels, if you read this the other two that made it up the hill are the two we rode with at Wilborns from CA\SxS. The blue rhino which he had his new harnesses, an cage extension installed an seats. They made it with no winching or anything, a couple of our group had to have a small winch over a Rut\Rock. So yes all of our group made it up that hill plus them two, noone backed down like at Wilborns. They both said that hill was worse than Wilborns hill at the end of the crack. So wheels you missed a very techincal riding area, the trails are all tight an narrow.

Everyone else also make sure you make the next one! Great Ride Pics Nocerisdave. We also saw the owner on the trails an he went up that hill on a Yellow Can-Am 2 seater atv.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Ridge 03-30-08 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Ridge 03-30-08   The Ridge 03-30-08 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Ridge 03-30-08
Page 1 of 1