SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

ok what did i do now

Go down 
+10
ridepate
hillbillyrzrs
AIRBORNE
Mud-and-Guts
ChrisC
kevinm
bush
Big-R
GunRunner
BigMotts
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
BigMotts
Forum Sponsor
BigMotts

Number of posts : 538
Registration date : 2008-06-29

ok what did  i do now Empty
PostSubject: ok what did i do now   ok what did  i do now EmptyTue Feb 16, 2010 3:54 pm

so i took the RZR out with the wife for a run in the snow. on our way back we got it stuck in the yard. i went in to the garage and i come back to the wife in reverse like a mad woman trying to get unstuck. after winching it in with the rhino,The rzr will start and run but it wont go into any gears even it says it is in gear.And it wont go anywhere. I noticed when I walked outside a bunch of smoke for a few seconds and a funny smell. Did she burn out the clutch belt? that's an easy fix right? what replacement belt should I use?
Back to top Go down
GunRunner
SSXSRider Member
GunRunner

Number of posts : 5296
Registration date : 2008-01-22

PostSubject: Re: ok what did i do now   ok what did  i do now EmptyTue Feb 16, 2010 4:36 pm

Belt to get is a 321133 stock 2010 belt it is the best and strongest. Were you in high gear when you smoked it? The S is the fastest sxs because its geared high in high range. Low should always be used except when running over 10mph on regular trails or roads. Then again, yours wasn't new the previous owner could have stressed the belt before you got it.
Back to top Go down
http://southernrzrriders.com
BigMotts
Forum Sponsor
BigMotts

PostSubject: Re: ok what did i do now   ok what did  i do now EmptyTue Feb 16, 2010 4:46 pm

thanks gunrunner, im on it and ordering that belt. just saw on youtube that its an easy fix. thanks for chiming in with that part number.
And yes I think it was in high gear and in reverse also. I had no idea it was this easy to burn one out. I think Ill order two, to be safe.

Motts
Back to top Go down
GunRunner
SSXSRider Member
GunRunner

PostSubject: Re: ok what did i do now   ok what did  i do now EmptyTue Feb 16, 2010 5:52 pm

Its not easy to smoke one, in fact the only two ive heard about lately was in the snow, so maybe its a snow thing. just be sure to check all around the primary for pieces, and blow it all out real good. another thing be sure to wash the belt in soapy water and let it dry good before putting it on.
Back to top Go down
BigMotts
Forum Sponsor
BigMotts

PostSubject: Re: ok what did i do now   ok what did  i do now EmptyTue Feb 16, 2010 5:59 pm

i have the part on the way. found it on ebay for $102 shipped.
I am staying out of the snow for good. cant believe it got stuck.
My trusty rhino got it out ,LOL.I have a feeling it wont be the last time it saves the RZR. roflmao
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

Number of posts : 16074
Registration date : 2008-02-26

PostSubject: Re: ok what did i do now   ok what did  i do now EmptyTue Feb 16, 2010 6:05 pm

GunRunner wrote:
Its not easy to smoke one, in fact the only two ive heard about lately was in the snow, so maybe its a snow thing. just be sure to check all around the primary for pieces, and blow it all out real good. another thing be sure to wash the belt in soapy water and let it dry good before putting it on.

Gunny, I have to disagree with you. It is easy to smoke one. Especially in the snow. I know of four now that went up in smoke. Rotten, I would get an extra belt.
Back to top Go down
bush
SSXSRider Staff
bush

Number of posts : 6141
Registration date : 2008-06-06

PostSubject: Re: ok what did i do now   ok what did  i do now EmptyTue Feb 16, 2010 6:17 pm

snow is very hard on a belt!! if your running in deep snow run it in low range. even at high speeds the belt will get very hot. i have heard of 5 or more belts breaking because of snow. if your RPMs are high and your not going very fast you are slipping the belt. a few weeks ago i was running in the snow and i had the rpms maxed for a while and was only running about 50mph so the belt was slipping. if you dont have much seat time in a rzr you will never know the diff untill its to late.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/bushrhino
kevinm
SSXSRider Member
kevinm

Number of posts : 58
Registration date : 2009-07-05

PostSubject: Re: ok what did i do now   ok what did  i do now EmptyTue Feb 16, 2010 6:39 pm

Say I want to take along an extra belt what belt would be best for my 2010 LE?
Back to top Go down
ChrisC
SSXSRider Member
ChrisC

Number of posts : 5483
Registration date : 2008-06-30

PostSubject: Re: ok what did i do now   ok what did  i do now EmptyTue Feb 16, 2010 6:43 pm

Rotten sorry to hear you smoked your belt.
I guess like all things it will be a learning curve... Wink

Just always make sure you have a New spare belt.
I have an extra belt..... allright
Back to top Go down
Mud-and-Guts
SSXSRider Member
Mud-and-Guts

Number of posts : 1839
Registration date : 2008-09-22

PostSubject: Re: ok what did i do now   ok what did  i do now EmptyTue Feb 16, 2010 8:07 pm

rottenrhino wrote:

My trusty rhino got it out ,LOL.I have a feeling it wont be the last time it saves the RZR. roflmao

roflmao roflmao
Back to top Go down
http://www.mudandgutsoffroad.org/
GunRunner
SSXSRider Member
GunRunner

PostSubject: Re: ok what did i do now   ok what did  i do now EmptyTue Feb 16, 2010 8:13 pm

Big-R wrote:
GunRunner wrote:

Gunny, I have to disagree with you. It is easy to smoke one. Especially in the snow. I know of four now that went up in smoke. Rotten, I would get an extra belt.

Ok, then let me re-word that, , It's not easy if your driving it correctly. The problem is not a rzr problem, its a operator issue. every time i hear a belt went its been done in high gear. I have never even come close to burning a belt, but i run low gear except for easy trails. Its all in the owners manual, it says dont even pull up on a trailer using high. High gear is just that high and not for putting the machine in any strenuous situation. low gear will run up close to 30 mph in the S, high is for gravel roads and flat easy trails with no obstacles. Its no different than putting a 4 speed car or truck in 3rd gear and flooring it, you will burn the clutch out, put it in first and do the same thing and it smokes the tires.
Back to top Go down
AIRBORNE
SSXSRider Member
AIRBORNE

Number of posts : 6266
Registration date : 2008-05-01

PostSubject: Re: ok what did i do now   ok what did  i do now EmptyTue Feb 16, 2010 8:21 pm

I run mine in low if I am going below 15mph for extended period of time. I do plan to buy an extra belt soon to carry with me after Matt blew his up at the Wagon Wheel.
Back to top Go down
https://s300.photobucket.com/albums/nn28/AirborneWV/
GunRunner
SSXSRider Member
GunRunner

PostSubject: Re: ok what did i do now   ok what did  i do now EmptyTue Feb 16, 2010 8:33 pm

kevinm wrote:

All 2010 rzr models use the same belt now, the new 3211113,
Back to top Go down
kevinm
SSXSRider Member
kevinm

Number of posts : 58
Registration date : 2009-07-05

PostSubject: Re: ok what did i do now   ok what did  i do now EmptyTue Feb 16, 2010 8:52 pm

Thanks Gunny!

You are all right I dont care what they say. Smiles
Back to top Go down
bush
SSXSRider Staff
bush

Number of posts : 6141
Registration date : 2008-06-06

PostSubject: Re: ok what did i do now   ok what did  i do now EmptyTue Feb 16, 2010 8:53 pm

i agree with gunny, its not a rzr problem its driver error for burning the belt. the rhino will burn the belt also but it just takes longer to get it hot because it does not have the power to do it as fast and thats why you do not here of them doing it very often.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/bushrhino
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

PostSubject: Re: ok what did i do now   ok what did  i do now EmptyTue Feb 16, 2010 9:36 pm

GunRunner wrote:
Big-R wrote:
GunRunner wrote:

Ok, then let me re-word that, , It's not easy if your driving it correctly. The problem is not a rzr problem, its a operator issue. every time i hear a belt went its been done in high gear. I have never even come close to burning a belt, but i run low gear except for easy trails. Its all in the owners manual, it says dont even pull up on a trailer using high. High gear is just that high and not for putting the machine in any strenuous situation. low gear will run up close to 30 mph in the S, high is for gravel roads and flat easy trails with no obstacles. Its no different than putting a 4 speed car or truck in 3rd gear and flooring it, you will burn the clutch out, put it in first and do the same thing and it smokes the tires.

Put more then 600 miles on a machine and then you can have an opinion. Tims belt blowing, I can understand. We were in lots of snow. (However, the Rhino would have been fine.) Two should not have popped.
Back to top Go down
BigMotts
Forum Sponsor
BigMotts

PostSubject: Re: ok what did i do now   ok what did  i do now EmptyTue Feb 16, 2010 9:38 pm

GunRunner wrote:
kevinm wrote:

All 2010 rzr models use the same belt now, the new 3211113,

I was told 3211130 for the S model , this was told to me by UTVcrap and confirmed when i looked it up on partspitstop.com
Back to top Go down
hillbillyrzrs
SSXSRider Member
hillbillyrzrs

Number of posts : 366
Registration date : 2008-11-11

PostSubject: Re: ok what did i do now   ok what did  i do now EmptyTue Feb 16, 2010 9:41 pm

Everybody knows that Tim can't drive and always has that deer in the headlight look anyway. So that explains tims belt
Back to top Go down
ridepate
SSXSRider Staff
ridepate

Number of posts : 6409
Registration date : 2009-04-23

PostSubject: Re: ok what did i do now   ok what did  i do now EmptyTue Feb 16, 2010 11:09 pm

I think it's a 1220458957856, but what do I know.............ok what did  i do now 33bk6lj
Back to top Go down
Foxfire
SSXSRider Member
Foxfire

Number of posts : 6060
Registration date : 2008-04-01

PostSubject: Re: ok what did i do now   ok what did  i do now EmptyWed Feb 17, 2010 10:00 am

Hmmmmmmmmmmm....I know of 100's of blown belts. hide hide
Back to top Go down
roadiestar

roadiestar

Number of posts : 842
Registration date : 2008-01-25

PostSubject: Re: ok what did i do now   ok what did  i do now EmptyWed Feb 17, 2010 10:18 am

Foxfire wrote:

You looking to start some shit here beat
The Teryx has a reputation of eating belts also. I have 175 hours now with the stock belt. The RZR and Teryx have the same style of clutch. You need to learn how to drive them or you will go threw lots of belts.
Back to top Go down
Foxfire
SSXSRider Member
Foxfire

Number of posts : 6060
Registration date : 2008-04-01

PostSubject: Re: ok what did i do now   ok what did  i do now EmptyWed Feb 17, 2010 10:20 am

Shit....no I don't start shit.....just tell the facts.
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

PostSubject: Re: ok what did i do now   ok what did  i do now EmptyWed Feb 17, 2010 10:30 am

roadiestar wrote:
Foxfire wrote:

The Teryx has a reputation of eating belts also. I have 175 hours now with the stock belt. The RZR and Teryx have the same style of clutch. You need to learn how to drive them or you will go threw lots of belts.

Are you saying we don't know how to drive Gunny, oops I mean roadiestar..... roflmao roflmao
Back to top Go down
roadiestar

roadiestar

PostSubject: Re: ok what did i do now   ok what did  i do now EmptyWed Feb 17, 2010 10:31 am

Your going to get your peepee slapped by Hunter roflmao thatsright
Back to top Go down
roadiestar

roadiestar

PostSubject: Re: ok what did i do now   ok what did  i do now EmptyWed Feb 17, 2010 10:33 am

Big-R wrote:
roadiestar wrote:
Foxfire wrote:

Are you saying we don't know how to drive Gunny, oops I mean roadiestar..... roflmao roflmao

Take that back now your pissing me off.......... lol! roflmao
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ok what did i do now   ok what did  i do now Empty

Back to top Go down

ok what did i do now
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
SouthernSxSRiders :: The Machines :: Polaris-
Jump to: