SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

spring jam at windrock

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
DOG
SSXSRider Member
DOG

Number of posts : 1305
Registration date : 2010-02-20

spring jam at windrock Empty
PostSubject: spring jam at windrock   spring jam at windrock EmptyTue Feb 23, 2010 8:16 pm

does anybody have any info on the spring jam at windrock? what are the fees? are there any fees other than a riding permit? anyone know of any campgrounds that still have any sites avalible/ thanks for any info just found out last night about the event so i am trying to find info and place to stay. Please help
Back to top Go down
Smith700
SSXSRider Member

Number of posts : 2713
Registration date : 2009-08-21

PostSubject: Re: spring jam at windrock   spring jam at windrock EmptyTue Feb 23, 2010 11:42 pm

coalcreekohv.com
windrockatv.com
all the info you need,and have you checked out the windrock lodge,indian creek.....i would say,yes windrock park is packed 2 da max.......you still have to have a riding permit....inly other fees is for if you want to do poker run,guided ride,mud bog,sled pull....etc
Back to top Go down
RMEF Lifer
SSXSRider Member
RMEF Lifer

Number of posts : 148
Registration date : 2009-12-22

PostSubject: Re: spring jam at windrock   spring jam at windrock EmptyWed Feb 24, 2010 8:43 am

Yes, it will be really packed this year. The local coordinator for Jeep Jamboree did not look at the calendar before setting the dates this year and the TN Mountains Jeep Jamboree will be there that weekend as well.
Back to top Go down
Smith700
SSXSRider Member

PostSubject: Re: spring jam at windrock   spring jam at windrock EmptyWed Feb 24, 2010 4:00 pm

RMEF Lifer wrote:
Yes, it will be really packed this year. The local coordinator for Jeep Jamboree did not look at the calendar before setting the dates this year and the TN Mountains Jeep Jamboree will be there that weekend as well.
ohhhh ,man that is a mistake......i was on trail 12 following the jeep jamboree people and there wasw about 120 of them, they wouldnt let us go by.....we just turned around
Back to top Go down
RedNeckRanger
SSXSRider Member
RedNeckRanger

Number of posts : 946
Registration date : 2009-06-03

PostSubject: Re: spring jam at windrock   spring jam at windrock EmptyWed Feb 24, 2010 10:42 pm

smith700 wrote:
RMEF Lifer wrote:
ohhhh ,man that is a mistake......i was on trail 12 following the jeep jamboree people and there wasw about 120 of them, they wouldnt let us go by.....we just turned around

12 is not a jeep trail.......they may have some issues this time
Back to top Go down
Smith700
SSXSRider Member

PostSubject: Re: spring jam at windrock   spring jam at windrock EmptyWed Feb 24, 2010 11:03 pm

ohhh yeah,they did close 12 to jeeps.....cause of erosion i think
Back to top Go down
RMEF Lifer
SSXSRider Member
RMEF Lifer

PostSubject: Re: spring jam at windrock   spring jam at windrock EmptyThu Feb 25, 2010 9:06 am

Yes it is a mistake .... and several of us who volunteer to lead rides are not looking forward to that weekend.

As far as Jeeps on trail 12 goes, I am a trail leader for Jeep Jamboree (including this one). I can guarantee you that folks with Jeep Jamboree USA (JJUSA) were not on trail 12. The closest we have come to running 12 was trail 13. Even then, trail 13 is run as an in and out trail. We run to the Ligas Fork crossing and turn around. Trail 13 was run by JJUSA in 2006 with me leading and last year by two groups. There may have been other Jeeps on that trail, but JJUSA does not lead rides on trails closed to Jeeps in the area.

The maximum group size we run is less than 20 Jeeps and we run no more than two groups on any trail. Additionally, we do ride some groups on North Cumberland WMA. We expect around 120 - 150 Jeeps that weekend.

One thing I will say, and I lead the "easy rides", is that we end up with a lot of folks who do not have radio communication and finding spots for 20 or so Jeeps to pull to the side of the trail to allow others past can be a little difficult when you have to run down the line of vehicles asking folks to pull to the edge and between trees. I cannot speak for the other trail leaders, but I also ride ATVs (and now a SxS) and I work pretty hard to get my group to allow faster vehicles past.

We are working with Coal Creek OHV to find trails where we will have the least impact on the spring jam. We will be letting them know where we will be going, and if anyone here is going that weekend, if you will PM me, I will let you know the trails that we will be running.
Back to top Go down
Smith700
SSXSRider Member

PostSubject: Re: spring jam at windrock   spring jam at windrock EmptyThu Feb 25, 2010 12:48 pm

i assume you have rode trail 39 and cadillac hill.....the rail trail???
Back to top Go down
RMEF Lifer
SSXSRider Member
RMEF Lifer

PostSubject: Re: spring jam at windrock   spring jam at windrock EmptyThu Feb 25, 2010 1:43 pm

Yes, I have ridden 39. I have not ridden rail trail. The last time I was on 39, a friend broke a front axle on his Jeep and knocked the knuckle off the ball joints at 4:30PM. he was about 1/4 the way up from the bottom. If I had had ball joints for a Dana 30 in my Jeep, I would have fixed it in place. Instead, we disassemble the wheel end, made a skid for under the axle, and started winching up the mountain. We got to the top of 39 and the Jeep loaded on a trailer at 11:30 that night. I have never been so tired in all my life.

Here are a few pics (hopefully, they are click-able) .. the first pic is taken over my shoulder while I was working on the Jeep .. amazing the flash didn't really reflect off the back of my head lol!

spring jam at windrock Th_0480-013_13

spring jam at windrock Th_0490-P1000160

spring jam at windrock Th_0495-100_0812
Back to top Go down
Smith700
SSXSRider Member

PostSubject: Re: spring jam at windrock   spring jam at windrock EmptyThu Feb 25, 2010 4:20 pm

dang....i used to ride cadillac hill on my old 700 Grizzl.....but with all the erosion on the hill,its nearly impossible for an ATV
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: spring jam at windrock   spring jam at windrock Empty

Back to top Go down

spring jam at windrock
Page 1 of 1