SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

THICK Sidewall Tires for Artic Cat Prowler

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Wally Jones

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2008-03-03

THICK Sidewall Tires for Artic Cat Prowler Empty
PostSubject: THICK Sidewall Tires for Artic Cat Prowler   THICK Sidewall Tires for Artic Cat Prowler EmptyWed Apr 02, 2008 1:02 pm

I need to replace my stock tires on the 2007 Artic Cat Prowler XT with some Thick Multiply Sidewall tires to help with my Black Locus Tree Thorn problem. Does anyone have any suggestions on what to get that will have thick sidewalls? The Wal-Mart wont patch sidewall holes they say they dont last and I dont have much faith in the green slime they told me to use in the meantime. Web addresses, pictures and prices would be helpful. Thanks Wally of ADAMS COUNTY OHIO
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: THICK Sidewall Tires for Artic Cat Prowler   THICK Sidewall Tires for Artic Cat Prowler EmptyWed Apr 02, 2008 8:09 pm

i need some for my rhino!!!!! the problem is most of these tires r for atv s not the weight of a utv!!!u would trhink the would be alot of heavy duty tires availible :cyclops: :cyclops:
Back to top Go down
rcmass

rcmass

Number of posts : 999
Registration date : 2008-02-01

PostSubject: Re: THICK Sidewall Tires for Artic Cat Prowler   THICK Sidewall Tires for Artic Cat Prowler EmptyWed Apr 02, 2008 10:04 pm

again - I am a Bighorn fan....most aggressive side wall tread I have seen - as for the actual "wall" - its tough on any tire in those conditions....ever think of tire balls.... expensive I know - but damn near perfect.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: THICK Sidewall Tires for Artic Cat Prowler   THICK Sidewall Tires for Artic Cat Prowler EmptyThu Apr 03, 2008 5:46 am

rcmass wrote:
again - I am a Bighorn fan....most aggressive side wall tread I have seen - as for the actual "wall" - its tough on any tire in those conditions....ever think of tire balls.... expensive I know - but damn near perfect.

tire balls ?????????????????????
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: THICK Sidewall Tires for Artic Cat Prowler   THICK Sidewall Tires for Artic Cat Prowler EmptyThu Apr 03, 2008 6:00 am

nevermind, found it.dang pricey never heard of those before.200.00 bucks a tire.but doesnt list much info on tire sizes.i bet u would need more for a 27 in tire

https://secure.srcinc.net/tireballs/catpage.cfm?cat_selected=177
Back to top Go down
rcmass

rcmass

PostSubject: Re: THICK Sidewall Tires for Artic Cat Prowler   THICK Sidewall Tires for Artic Cat Prowler EmptyThu Apr 03, 2008 7:14 am

they are expensive (but that brand was way out there - last time I looked was more like $100 a tire - though maybe times have changed)....and even still I dont know if tire balls would be what this fella needs for side wall punctures.... tire balls are however great for low psi, if you have non-beadlocks, and OR if you are riding in the trails with no tools Wink
Back to top Go down
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
wvyankee2

Number of posts : 10318
Registration date : 2008-01-22

PostSubject: Re: THICK Sidewall Tires for Artic Cat Prowler   THICK Sidewall Tires for Artic Cat Prowler EmptyThu Apr 03, 2008 3:40 pm

Man this is wearing me out. I just saw some 8 ply ATV tires advertised somewhere last week and can't remember where. I will continue to try to remember.
Back to top Go down
rcmass

rcmass

PostSubject: Re: THICK Sidewall Tires for Artic Cat Prowler   THICK Sidewall Tires for Artic Cat Prowler EmptyThu Apr 03, 2008 4:28 pm

would love to see those - I've only ever seen 6
Back to top Go down
Wally Jones

PostSubject: 8 Ply heavy sidewalls sound good   THICK Sidewall Tires for Artic Cat Prowler EmptyThu Apr 03, 2008 10:15 pm

Tire balls dont seem like they would work for me and they are very expensive for all four tires. I would like to find out about the 8ply tires. I have been able to find 6ply thanks to the reply to this post. Do you need to have new rims or can I get the tires mounter on my stock rims. I am new at this and dont really know what is best. Thanks Again Wally
Back to top Go down
Wally Jones

PostSubject: Tires   THICK Sidewall Tires for Artic Cat Prowler EmptyThu Apr 17, 2008 9:31 pm

I just finished installing a set of Maxxis Bighorn tires on ITP 14" Alloy 108 Machined Wheels and what a difference it made over the stock Goodyear tires. I am now able to get up to 50 MPH on the paved road with my new muffler and tires. The only trouble I have is that at about 47MPH it starts backfiring. I will try a bigger carb jet and hopefully that will take care of the problem. I would highly reccoment the Bighorn to all that ride in rough country with lots of rocks. Wally from Adams County Ohio.
Back to top Go down
rcmass

rcmass

PostSubject: Re: THICK Sidewall Tires for Artic Cat Prowler   THICK Sidewall Tires for Artic Cat Prowler EmptyThu Apr 17, 2008 9:41 pm

Wally Jones wrote:
I just finished installing a set of Maxxis Bighorn tires on ITP 14" Alloy 108 Machined Wheels and what a difference it made over the stock Goodyear tires. I am now able to get up to 50 MPH on the paved road with my new muffler and tires. The only trouble I have is that at about 47MPH it starts backfiring. I will try a bigger carb jet and hopefully that will take care of the problem. I would highly reccoment the Bighorn to all that ride in rough country with lots of rocks. Wally from Adams County Ohio.

that setup will make a HUGE difference over stock and I love my bighorns - but careful on pavement - you will wear the bighorns down to knubs....
Back to top Go down
GODAWGS

GODAWGS

Number of posts : 246

PostSubject: Re: THICK Sidewall Tires for Artic Cat Prowler   THICK Sidewall Tires for Artic Cat Prowler EmptyThu Apr 17, 2008 10:11 pm

Wally Jones wrote:

Your speedo is probably off due to the bigger wheels
Back to top Go down
rcmass

rcmass

PostSubject: Re: THICK Sidewall Tires for Artic Cat Prowler   THICK Sidewall Tires for Artic Cat Prowler EmptyFri Apr 18, 2008 11:08 am

I have found that the RZR, Ranger, Rhino, Mule, T-Rex - you name it - none of em have a speedo worth a hoot to start off - at least 3-5 mph in any direction error - throw on any non stock wheel setup - and they are even further off.... I'm thinking about replacing the digidash to get a tach Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: THICK Sidewall Tires for Artic Cat Prowler   THICK Sidewall Tires for Artic Cat Prowler Empty

Back to top Go down

THICK Sidewall Tires for Artic Cat Prowler
Page 1 of 1