SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Another shock ?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
nocerisdave
SSXSRider Member
nocerisdave

Number of posts : 5674
Registration date : 2008-01-22

Another shock ? Empty
PostSubject: Another shock ?   Another shock ? EmptyWed Apr 02, 2008 9:01 pm

Who out there can tell me what is the most critical area of a shock? I understand there are butt loads of variables....but there has to be one overall part, (springs, body, resevoir, adustable rebound and so on) that is the most critical.

Is a stock rhino shock spring or valving replaceable. During my two wheeler days that would be one of the first things we all did to enhance ride control in rough conditions...... Or if the springs and valveing are replacable would I be pissing my money away to do this?
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Another shock ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another shock ?   Another shock ? EmptyWed Apr 02, 2008 9:28 pm

Dave,
You can have the Sport-shocks re-valved and/or re-sprung. There are a lot of pluses to having a re-buildible/tuneable shock, which most of the aftermarket ones are. I at one time,favored the Kings myself just because of thier off-road durability seeing how most Trophy-Truck and just about all of the other classes run them. But now I'm considering Fox-Floats myself, no springs to deal with, you adjust them yourself with the supplied pump, ride-height, compression, rebound ect.

Another shock ? Iven9f
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Another shock ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another shock ?   Another shock ? EmptyWed Apr 02, 2008 9:51 pm

i've got experience with that shock.. or, actually... it's little brother. i had a Fox float RC?(i think)on my mtn bike. it was completely smooth... i'm sure it's a different story with the rhino though. but, just thought i'd share this useless information anyway... gotta keep up with post whoring ya know. lol!
Back to top Go down
nocerisdave
SSXSRider Member
nocerisdave

Another shock ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another shock ?   Another shock ? EmptyWed Apr 02, 2008 10:36 pm

Pate thanks for the info. I just check a couple sites and I now am even more confused. The sites I visited have the shock only for dunes hardpack and open riding but also suggest the ones with rezis for trails... Please pass along the link you are using.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Another shock ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another shock ?   Another shock ? EmptyWed Apr 02, 2008 10:52 pm

Dave to me external-adjustability is most important. As long as the shock is not sprung too stiff, you can over-come drawbacks with adj compression and re-bound. Ext rezies are great as far as dissipating heat build-up which kills the performance when the oil heats, more oil, I.E resevors= less heat build-up because there's more oil.. I have gotten my sport-shocks so hot you could not touch the reseivors. So to me reseivors are important, thats my only hesitation about the Foxes as they have no rezies. I'm still doing research, I'll find the link.
Jimbo
Back to top Go down
roamerr
SSXSRider Member
roamerr

Number of posts : 481
Registration date : 2008-02-04

Another shock ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another shock ?   Another shock ? EmptySun Apr 13, 2008 7:34 pm

Any links? My Rhino bottoms easily in the front. Rear shocks do not bother me but the front need improving...
Back to top Go down
nocerisdave
SSXSRider Member
nocerisdave

Another shock ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another shock ?   Another shock ? EmptySun Apr 13, 2008 9:09 pm

here is where I read about the Fox Shox after Pate pointed them out. You may also google yamaha rhino shocks reviews.....some good infor there as well.

http://www.gogorhino.com/yamaha_rhino_shocks.htm
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Another shock ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another shock ?   Another shock ? EmptySun Apr 13, 2008 11:54 pm

yikes... those are expensive!! dang. affraid
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Another shock ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another shock ?   Another shock ? Empty

Back to top Go down

Another shock ?
Page 1 of 1