SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Rhino Lawsuits

Go down 
+3
Clutch
Admin
Bad Behavior
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Bad Behavior

Bad Behavior

Number of posts : 263
Registration date : 2008-04-03

Rhino Lawsuits Empty
PostSubject: Rhino Lawsuits   Rhino Lawsuits EmptyThu Apr 03, 2008 7:26 pm

Have ya'll seen all the adds on TV from lawyers wanting to represent the people who have gotten hurt from their Rhino rolling? WTF??? This is another case like the one in the 80s with 3 wheelers and kids getting hurt on atvs that were too big for them. People need to start taking responsibility for themselves! If you turn sharp, going fast, yes, it will roll. If you go too steep on a sidehill, yes, it will roll. Everybody wants to blame someone else for everything now a days. This stuff really ticks me off. A few "bad apples" have to screw things up for the rest of us. Sorry to rant, but one of those commercials just came on TV and it lit my fuse. :evil: :evil:
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Rhino Lawsuits Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rhino Lawsuits   Rhino Lawsuits EmptyThu Apr 03, 2008 7:28 pm

MONEY HUNGERY is all it is Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1435
Registration date : 2008-01-21

Rhino Lawsuits Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rhino Lawsuits   Rhino Lawsuits EmptyThu Apr 03, 2008 8:24 pm

sue sue sue!!!!! i hate em lol!
Back to top Go down
Clutch

Clutch

Number of posts : 217
Registration date : 2008-01-22

Rhino Lawsuits Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rhino Lawsuits   Rhino Lawsuits EmptyThu Apr 03, 2008 8:36 pm

Everyone is sue happy these days. Most are idiots looking for a free ride so their lazy asses don't have to work.
Back to top Go down
Dreth

Number of posts : 346
Registration date : 2008-03-29

Rhino Lawsuits Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rhino Lawsuits   Rhino Lawsuits EmptyFri Apr 04, 2008 7:20 am

I think that when you purchase any off road vehicle you should have to stand in front of a video camera and say .....................

" I can not and will not sue for getting hurt in or on this OHV. I fully understand all the risks involved and if i follow the manufacturers suggested riding types this vehicle is perfectly safe. If i dont abide by these rules I WILL GET HURT & I AM NOT ALLOWED TO SUE FOR STUPIDITY"

That sould be put in a file at yamaha properly labled and on the day of court it should be put up on the big screen for the jury to see.

IT PISSES ME OFF TOO :evil:
Back to top Go down
Bad Behavior

Bad Behavior

Number of posts : 263
Registration date : 2008-04-03

Rhino Lawsuits Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rhino Lawsuits   Rhino Lawsuits EmptyFri Apr 04, 2008 7:39 am

THere are inherit risks when you partake in certain activities. If you smoke, you can get lung cancer, and people have sued over that. The lady that sued McDonald's because she got burned by HOT coffee, DUH!!! Coffee's FREAKIN hot, and you know this!! I just think it's stupid, and it makes it harder for people that do have legitimate cases to get help. I work for an offshore drilling company, and any time someone gets hurt, that's the first thing some of them and others say. "I or HE OUGHT TO SUE". 9 times out of 10, they did something stupid to get hurt in the first place. It's just stupid a$$ people wanting to get compensated for doing stupid a$$ things. OK, I'll stop now. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

Number of posts : 16074
Registration date : 2008-02-26

Rhino Lawsuits Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rhino Lawsuits   Rhino Lawsuits EmptyFri Apr 04, 2008 10:58 am

Bad Behavior wrote:
THere are inherit risks when you partake in certain activities. If you smoke, you can get lung cancer, and people have sued over that. The lady that sued McDonald's because she got burned by HOT coffee, DUH!!! Coffee's FREAKIN hot, and you know this!! I just think it's stupid, and it makes it harder for people that do have legitimate cases to get help. I work for an offshore drilling company, and any time someone gets hurt, that's the first thing some of them and others say. "I or HE OUGHT TO SUE". 9 times out of 10, they did something stupid to get hurt in the first place. It's just stupid a$$ people wanting to get compensated for doing stupid a$$ things. OK, I'll stop now. Rolling Eyes

I was going to say something but you pretty much covered it for me. Thanks
Back to top Go down
GunRunner
SSXSRider Member
GunRunner

Number of posts : 5296

Rhino Lawsuits Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rhino Lawsuits   Rhino Lawsuits EmptyFri Apr 04, 2008 11:46 am

Because of those idiots, you all got free doors and grab handles. Truthfully you have to admit a stock rhino is easy to turn on its side. I have ridden with wheelin and watched him be flipped back on his wheels twice in one ride. The problem is when they do this peoples feet and legs went out because of bad design and people got hurt.
Back to top Go down
http://southernrzrriders.com
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
wvyankee2

Number of posts : 10318

Rhino Lawsuits Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rhino Lawsuits   Rhino Lawsuits EmptyFri Apr 04, 2008 1:51 pm

I agree with Gunny. The Rhino is advertised by Yamaha as a sport UTV. And the fact of the matter is that it is too tippy to be considered a sport UTV in my opinion. Now, you put offset wheels on them and at the expense of a little width you get yourself a very stable UTV. I am surprised that Yamaha has not widened the stance of the stock Rhino. But. just maybe by doing so it would in a way admit a faulty design and therefor guilt. Most ATV lawsuits dont go anywhere unless the Lawyers can prove faulty design. My wife has a cousin who is 40 years old now and is a quadrapeligic from a ATV accident over 20 years ago. His Lawyer back then sued and he recieved 2 million dollars from Suzuki. He had a Suzuki 185 4 wheeler, which just happens to be the only 4 wheeler ever made that came without front brakes. That was an easy one for his Lawyer. Why do all other 4 wheelers have front brakes and not the 185 Suzuki....bad design. Where I disagree with Gunny is the arms and legs going out is not the bad design. Most Rhino injuries have been people sticking their legs out voluntarily to try to catch themselves from tipping. It is a natural reflex when your falling to try to stop yourself. I think the faulty design is in the center of gravity which will be a difficult one to prove in court.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Rhino Lawsuits Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rhino Lawsuits   Rhino Lawsuits Empty

Back to top Go down

Rhino Lawsuits
Page 1 of 1