SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

RDC Leveling kit

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Mud-and-Guts
SSXSRider Member
Mud-and-Guts

Number of posts : 1839
Registration date : 2008-09-22

RDC Leveling kit Empty
PostSubject: RDC Leveling kit   RDC Leveling kit EmptyWed Mar 10, 2010 8:35 pm

I know I posted this info in my Rhino thread but for those who have not been watching......

A couple months Ago I tried a lift kit from RDC (Rubber Down Customs) which I felt was super strong but offered to much lift and put the CV's and ball joints in to much of a bind as well as put to much angle on the tires, so I mentioned to Paul I felt his kit if modified to offer only 1.5-2 inches of lift would make an excellent leveling kit for the Rhino.... After a little R&D on the second try I feel he has us an option to level up the Rhino.... I received this kit last weekend and found I gained right at 2 inches up front which left the front a little lower than the rear but with a little cargo should level the bike out.....

The extra 2 inches actually makes my rhino sit more comfortable.... I say this because the front end lifted lays the seats back slightly for a slightly more laid back feel..... Before with the same wide offset wheels/tires my tires would rub every time I cut the wheels or so it seemed but now due to the extra clearance they do not....

Here is a Picture of the plates.. These plates are 3/16 steel and stretch across the front to attach to both shock mounts and relocate the top of the shocks slightly...

RDC Leveling kit SANY3704

Here is a before Pic of my rhino..

RDC Leveling kit SANY3390

Here is an after picture...

RDC Leveling kit SANY3710

Here is a few pictures of the front tires to show the tire alignment and CV's...

RDC Leveling kit SANY3728

RDC Leveling kit SANY3727
Back to top Go down
http://www.mudandgutsoffroad.org/
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
wvyankee2

Number of posts : 10318
Registration date : 2008-01-22

RDC Leveling kit Empty
PostSubject: Re: RDC Leveling kit   RDC Leveling kit EmptyWed Mar 10, 2010 9:03 pm

I like it. cheers
Back to top Go down
Mud-and-Guts
SSXSRider Member
Mud-and-Guts

Number of posts : 1839
Registration date : 2008-09-22

RDC Leveling kit Empty
PostSubject: Re: RDC Leveling kit   RDC Leveling kit EmptyTue Dec 21, 2010 9:53 am

A while back I removed this kit due to it relocating the shocks toward the front of the bike a quarter of an inch. This relocation caused the lower shock bushings to explode because of all the pressure being applied to the front of the lower bushings instead of being applied evenly across the shock bushing.

This weekend at Alpine I found with the new 25 inch tall tires (which measure short at 24.5) that I needed additional ground clearance so last night I modified the kit so it would keep the shocks in a strait up and down fashion. By cutting one of the cross bars into three pieces and only using the outer two. I ground bevels on the outer two for them to clear the welds on the stock frame so they could lay smooth against the frame for additional support..

Here is what the kit originally looked like.

RDC Leveling kit SANY3704

This is with the kit modified (pay no attention to the dirty parts, it you were at Alpine I am sure you understand lol)

RDC Leveling kit GOPR0302

This is mounted.

RDC Leveling kit GOPR0306
Back to top Go down
http://www.mudandgutsoffroad.org/
Sponsored content

RDC Leveling kit Empty
PostSubject: Re: RDC Leveling kit   RDC Leveling kit Empty

Back to top Go down

RDC Leveling kit
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum