SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

power chips or modules

Go down 
+4
Gimpy
Smith700
wvyankee2
et_ky
8 posters
AuthorMessage
et_ky
SSXSRider Member

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2010-02-16

power chips or modules Empty
PostSubject: power chips or modules   power chips or modules EmptySun Mar 14, 2010 7:55 pm

do the powerchips/modules allow tuning or in fact do they add as much power as they advertise.
Back to top Go down
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
wvyankee2

Number of posts : 10318
Registration date : 2008-01-22

PostSubject: Re: power chips or modules   power chips or modules EmptySun Mar 14, 2010 9:40 pm

Which ones are you refering to?
Back to top Go down
Smith700
SSXSRider Member

Number of posts : 2713
Registration date : 2009-08-21

PostSubject: Re: power chips or modules   power chips or modules EmptySun Mar 14, 2010 9:43 pm

i know powercommander has one.....
Back to top Go down
et_ky
SSXSRider Member

PostSubject: Re: power chips or modules   power chips or modules EmptyMon Mar 15, 2010 5:32 pm

power commander, i'm familar with like for hd motorcycles, the ones i see mostly on ebay--hyper, fast tuning. genesis, and pb performance. do they really increase hp +30 or realistic 10 percent.
Back to top Go down
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
wvyankee2

Number of posts : 10318

PostSubject: Re: power chips or modules   power chips or modules EmptyMon Mar 15, 2010 7:21 pm

for the 700?? I would go with MSD.
Back to top Go down
Gimpy
SSXSRider Member
Gimpy

Number of posts : 7708
Registration date : 2009-10-01

PostSubject: Re: power chips or modules   power chips or modules EmptyMon Mar 15, 2010 9:26 pm

Yank wrote:
for the 700?? I would go with MSD.

et_ky has a RZR. Is anyone running one in theirs?
Back to top Go down
http://lwurzel@twc.com
Mack McCormack

Mack McCormack

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2009-08-22

PostSubject: Re: power chips or modules   power chips or modules EmptyMon Mar 15, 2010 9:41 pm

Hey Guys,
I have the ITI Performance bundle which is the ecm,exhaust an clutch kit.
I have an 09 RZR LE and with 27" swamplites it runs 64 mph on top and raised the whole power curve from stock at the word GO !

My to cents worth
MC
Back to top Go down
nocerisdave
SSXSRider Member
nocerisdave

Number of posts : 5674

PostSubject: Re: power chips or modules   power chips or modules EmptyMon Mar 15, 2010 10:00 pm

No chip or module will do what they are saying without major motor mods. A Big bore, clutch and tuning would get you more hp but not 30HP. Thats a classic rip-off.
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

Number of posts : 16074
Registration date : 2008-02-26

PostSubject: Re: power chips or modules   power chips or modules EmptyMon Mar 15, 2010 10:04 pm

nocerisdave wrote:
No chip or module will do what they are saying without major motor mods. A Big bore, clutch and tuning would get you more hp but not 30HP. Thats a classic rip-off.

Daves right. I have a Big Bore kit it did not add 30HP. No way a computer will.
Back to top Go down
pit dog
SSXSRider Member
pit dog

Number of posts : 1380
Registration date : 2010-02-28

PostSubject: Re: power chips or modules   power chips or modules EmptyMon Mar 15, 2010 11:04 pm

chips are a scam. just a condenser. no help30 hp I will take two. lol
Back to top Go down
et_ky
SSXSRider Member

PostSubject: Re: power chips or modules   power chips or modules EmptyTue Mar 16, 2010 2:10 pm

thanks for info
Back to top Go down
Mack McCormack

Mack McCormack

PostSubject: Re: power chips or modules   power chips or modules EmptyTue Mar 16, 2010 11:44 pm

Hey guys, not trying to start a debate here, but the ITI performance bundle made my 'regular' RZR go from 55 mph @ stock to 63 mph with the mods! And, the same for a buddy of mine…which is an 18% increase not 30 HP. Even though I have raced go-karts nationally and internationally for 30 yrs, I am new to the RZR world. However, I do understand HP and more importantly, how its made.

my two cents worth,

MC
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

PostSubject: Re: power chips or modules   power chips or modules EmptyWed Mar 17, 2010 12:06 am

Mack McCormack wrote:
Hey guys, not trying to start a debate here, but the ITI performance bundle made my 'regular' RZR go from 55 mph @ stock to 63 mph with the mods! And, the same for a buddy of mine…which is an 18% increase not 30 HP. Even though I have raced go-karts nationally and internationally for 30 yrs, I am new to the RZR world. However, I do understand HP and more importantly, how its made.

my two cents worth,

MC

We invite debate. That is how we learn. As long as no one attacks each other personally (sometimes power chips or modules 13435 ).

Now that is believable. I can see you going form 55 to 63 with the mods you added. But that is a 18% gain with all three mods not just the ECU. The clutch probably help more than anything.

I am not saying the ECUs are worthless. I am just saying they usually bend the truth a little. I would hate for someone here to buy something claiming to add 30hp. Hell I think a turbo adds 25hp.
Back to top Go down
Mack McCormack

Mack McCormack

PostSubject: Re: power chips or modules   power chips or modules EmptyWed Mar 17, 2010 8:40 pm

Big R,
Hey you are actually right ! Hell ! the thing only makes 40 HP ( I THINK) @ stock, Adding 30hp with only the ECM will never be capable.The one thing the ECM does is eliminate the rev limiter and changes the pwr curve a bit.The only way i'd guess you "might" get 30 HP with only a ECM is add a little shot of NOS !!!! That will only last until the big BOOM !!

MC
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

PostSubject: Re: power chips or modules   power chips or modules EmptyWed Mar 17, 2010 9:00 pm

Mack McCormack wrote:
Big R,
Hey you are actually right ! Hell ! the thing only makes 40 HP ( I THINK) @ stock, Adding 30hp with only the ECM will never be capable.The one thing the ECM does is eliminate the rev limiter and changes the pwr curve a bit.The only way i'd guess you "might" get 30 HP with only a ECM is add a little shot of NOS !!!! That will only last until the big BOOM !!

MC

The stock pre 2010 is 49.?? HP.

Big Boom...... roflmao
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: power chips or modules   power chips or modules Empty

Back to top Go down

power chips or modules
Page 1 of 1