SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Looking for something that mounts to the roll cage

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
AIRBORNE
SSXSRider Member
AIRBORNE

Number of posts : 6266
Registration date : 2008-05-01

Looking for something that mounts to the roll cage Empty
PostSubject: Looking for something that mounts to the roll cage   Looking for something that mounts to the roll cage EmptySun Mar 14, 2010 8:09 pm

Hey guys, I am looking to mount the small Kolpin fuel pack to the rear "S" bars on my RZR. Have you guys seen any cool mounts that clamp onto roll bars? The can itself has a mount that is meant to be drilled into a flat surface. So what I am looking for is something that clamps to the cage and has an offset flat surface to mount the gas can base to. Anyone seen anything like that out there?
Back to top Go down
https://s300.photobucket.com/albums/nn28/AirborneWV/
stealth
SSXSRider Staff
stealth

Number of posts : 2219
Registration date : 2009-07-14

PostSubject: Re: Looking for something that mounts to the roll cage   Looking for something that mounts to the roll cage EmptySun Mar 14, 2010 8:23 pm

I have two of the regular mounts you may be able to use u-bolts and come up with some thing.
Back to top Go down
AIRBORNE
SSXSRider Member
AIRBORNE

PostSubject: Re: Looking for something that mounts to the roll cage   Looking for something that mounts to the roll cage EmptySun Mar 14, 2010 8:37 pm

2 regular mounts to what?
Back to top Go down
stealth
SSXSRider Staff
stealth

Number of posts : 2219
Registration date : 2009-07-14

PostSubject: Re: Looking for something that mounts to the roll cage   Looking for something that mounts to the roll cage EmptySun Mar 14, 2010 8:51 pm

For the Koplin fuel packs.
Back to top Go down
AIRBORNE
SSXSRider Member
AIRBORNE

PostSubject: Re: Looking for something that mounts to the roll cage   Looking for something that mounts to the roll cage EmptySun Mar 14, 2010 9:05 pm

Yeah I have one of the regular mounts. I just don't think it will attach to the roll cage without some other type of device. I could be wrong. I also thought about drilling into the Lock-n-Ride bed cover, but that would be the last resort.
Back to top Go down
Smith700
SSXSRider Member

Number of posts : 2713
Registration date : 2009-08-21

PostSubject: Re: Looking for something that mounts to the roll cage   Looking for something that mounts to the roll cage EmptySun Mar 14, 2010 10:55 pm

this is a little off topic... but rhino rob had something like that on his rhino,maybe he will chine in....and airborne, is your fuel pack the 5 gal or the 1.5?
Back to top Go down
Rhino Rob
SSXSRider Member
Rhino Rob

Number of posts : 2577
Registration date : 2009-01-25
Location : the home of the volunteers and port st joe tiger sharks

PostSubject: Re: Looking for something that mounts to the roll cage   Looking for something that mounts to the roll cage EmptyMon Mar 15, 2010 5:54 am

Chris i actually found out that they made 2 types, or somebody repacked a box which included u bolts . Mine mounted on my tool bar which is square tube and i ended up making some bottom plates to "sandwich" the square tube between my modified plates and the factory base.

One thing i did notice on the brimstone ride, the factory O ring to seal the nozzle does not do a good job, some minor drippage of gas occured
Back to top Go down
AIRBORNE
SSXSRider Member
AIRBORNE

PostSubject: Re: Looking for something that mounts to the roll cage   Looking for something that mounts to the roll cage EmptyMon Mar 15, 2010 6:12 am

I have a 5 gal and 1.5gal. I am trying to mount the smaller one on the RZR.
Rob, I had my big one leak one time. Sometimes the O-ring doesn't get seated correctly. When you take the lid off the add gas to the can or your buggy, look at the o-ring and make sure it doesn't get out of place. That cured my problem right up.

Rob, I have seen that tool bar, and considered that. I don't know if they make one for the RZR. I know Gimpy has a cool setup, but a little more than what I was looking for. Got any pics of your setup?
Back to top Go down
AIRBORNE
SSXSRider Member
AIRBORNE

PostSubject: Re: Looking for something that mounts to the roll cage   Looking for something that mounts to the roll cage EmptyMon Mar 15, 2010 6:26 am

Is this what you have? I was thinking something like the piece that mounts to the cross bar (with a slight modification) might be the ticket. They sell those seperately I think.
http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/product/standard-item.jsp?id=0061024523477a&navCount=1&podId=0061024&parentId=cat601120&masterpathid=&navAction=jump&cmCat=MainCatcat21412-cat601120&catalogCode=XK&rid=&parentType=index&indexId=cat601120&hasJS=true
Back to top Go down
Smith700
SSXSRider Member

Number of posts : 2713
Registration date : 2009-08-21

PostSubject: Re: Looking for something that mounts to the roll cage   Looking for something that mounts to the roll cage EmptyMon Mar 15, 2010 7:16 am

i think i have some LT of roberts rig....will post them later
Back to top Go down
Rhino Rob
SSXSRider Member
Rhino Rob

PostSubject: Re: Looking for something that mounts to the roll cage   Looking for something that mounts to the roll cage EmptyMon Mar 15, 2010 7:24 pm

Looking for something that mounts to the roll cage 344711
Back to top Go down
Rhino Rob
SSXSRider Member
Rhino Rob

PostSubject: Re: Looking for something that mounts to the roll cage   Looking for something that mounts to the roll cage EmptyMon Mar 15, 2010 7:25 pm

Looking for something that mounts to the roll cage 344710
Back to top Go down
Rhino Rob
SSXSRider Member
Rhino Rob

PostSubject: Re: Looking for something that mounts to the roll cage   Looking for something that mounts to the roll cage EmptyMon Mar 15, 2010 7:28 pm

Looking for something that mounts to the roll cage 344708
Back to top Go down
Rhino Rob
SSXSRider Member
Rhino Rob

PostSubject: Re: Looking for something that mounts to the roll cage   Looking for something that mounts to the roll cage EmptyMon Mar 15, 2010 7:29 pm

Looking for something that mounts to the roll cage 344707
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Looking for something that mounts to the roll cage   Looking for something that mounts to the roll cage Empty

Back to top Go down

Looking for something that mounts to the roll cage
Page 1 of 1