SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Shoulder Harnesses

Go down 
+8
RMEF Lifer
Big-R
Mud-and-Guts
Gimpy
Foxfire
ridepate
Smith700
Sporto
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Sporto
SSXSRider Member
Sporto

Number of posts : 688
Registration date : 2009-07-10

Shoulder Harnesses Empty
PostSubject: Shoulder Harnesses   Shoulder Harnesses EmptyMon Mar 15, 2010 1:15 pm

How are you guys attaching your shoulder belts to your harness bar? I see some with the tabs, than I guess you bolt your belts to the tabs NoPoo . I have also seen where the belts are wrapped around the bar and then through the buckle. I just want to know which way I need to go. Either weld in tabs or just wrap around the bar. Preferences????

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Smith700
SSXSRider Member

Number of posts : 2713
Registration date : 2009-08-21

Shoulder Harnesses Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shoulder Harnesses   Shoulder Harnesses EmptyMon Mar 15, 2010 1:18 pm

i like the wrap around.....not the clip in kind......if they are the "wrap around" then they will work with anything that has some kind of bar
Back to top Go down
ridepate
SSXSRider Staff
ridepate

Number of posts : 6409
Registration date : 2009-04-23

Shoulder Harnesses Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shoulder Harnesses   Shoulder Harnesses EmptyMon Mar 15, 2010 5:18 pm

Wrap-aroung gets my vote also. Easy removal for washing, a little adjustability (width) too.
Back to top Go down
Foxfire
SSXSRider Member
Foxfire

Number of posts : 6060
Registration date : 2008-04-01

Shoulder Harnesses Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shoulder Harnesses   Shoulder Harnesses EmptyMon Mar 15, 2010 8:17 pm

Sorry, I like the type with the clip.....easy on and easy off.
Back to top Go down
Foxfire
SSXSRider Member
Foxfire

Shoulder Harnesses Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shoulder Harnesses   Shoulder Harnesses EmptyMon Mar 15, 2010 8:20 pm

[img]Shoulder Harnesses DSCF0659[/img]

How could it get any easier roflmao
Back to top Go down
Gimpy
SSXSRider Member
Gimpy

Number of posts : 7708
Registration date : 2009-10-01

Shoulder Harnesses Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shoulder Harnesses   Shoulder Harnesses EmptyMon Mar 15, 2010 9:19 pm

I just had the tabs welded on yesterday. I like the clip on because I run a rear window. I'll get pics in a day or so.
Back to top Go down
http://lwurzel@twc.com
Mud-and-Guts
SSXSRider Member
Mud-and-Guts

Number of posts : 1839
Registration date : 2008-09-22

Shoulder Harnesses Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shoulder Harnesses   Shoulder Harnesses EmptyMon Mar 15, 2010 9:54 pm

I have the wrap around type but I think I would like the clip on type better with it being so easy to get on and off.

I feel safer with the wrap around but the clip would be a lot easier and save having to adjust the belt every-time you clean your ride... That is if you remove the belts like I do at ever cleaning... I remove mine because of the shoulder pads, it takes the pads a while to dry if you get them wet.
Back to top Go down
http://www.mudandgutsoffroad.org/
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

Number of posts : 16074
Registration date : 2008-02-26

Shoulder Harnesses Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shoulder Harnesses   Shoulder Harnesses EmptyMon Mar 15, 2010 9:59 pm

ridepate wrote:
Wrap-aroung gets my vote also. Easy removal for washing, a little adjustability (width) too.

Pate I think the clip-ons are much easier to take off and on. I have had both and would prefer the clips.

Gimpy wrote:
I just had the tabs welded on yesterday. I like the clip on because I run a rear window. I'll get pics in a day or so.

Which gets me to you....... Can he add clips to mine?????
Back to top Go down
Sporto
SSXSRider Member
Sporto

Number of posts : 688
Registration date : 2009-07-10

Shoulder Harnesses Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shoulder Harnesses   Shoulder Harnesses EmptyTue Mar 16, 2010 7:49 am

Great pic Fox! I like those clips! Are those Crow? Those would be great for easy removal for clean up and just puttin' around the yard. If I went with the clips I guess I would probably weld two tabs on. One over each shoulder. I didn't know the clips were available, I though it was either going to be bolt on or wrapped on. But, I think I am going to go the clip route.
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

Shoulder Harnesses Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shoulder Harnesses   Shoulder Harnesses EmptyTue Mar 16, 2010 9:16 am

Sporto wrote:
Great pic Fox! I like those clips! Are those Crow? Those would be great for easy removal for clean up and just puttin' around the yard. If I went with the clips I guess I would probably weld two tabs on. One over each shoulder. I didn't know the clips were available, I though it was either going to be bolt on or wrapped on. But, I think I am going to go the clip route.

That is what I would do if I could weld worth a crap....... Two per side.
Back to top Go down
RMEF Lifer
SSXSRider Member
RMEF Lifer

Number of posts : 148
Registration date : 2009-12-22

Shoulder Harnesses Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shoulder Harnesses   Shoulder Harnesses EmptyTue Mar 16, 2010 10:16 am

If you have wrap around style harnesses, you can convert to the clip on style by adding the eyebolts and harness ends. Summit Racing carries both harness ends alone and complete kits.

I used wrap around style for my RZR because, I can't weld worth a poo
Back to top Go down
Gimpy
SSXSRider Member
Gimpy

Shoulder Harnesses Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shoulder Harnesses   Shoulder Harnesses EmptyTue Mar 16, 2010 9:05 pm

Big-R wrote:
ridepate wrote:

Pate I think the clip-ons are much easier to take off and on. I have had both and would prefer the clips.

Gimpy wrote:

Which gets me to you....... Can he add clips to mine?????

If you look at mine, see if you can get the clips and I can get to 2 guys who can weld you tabs.
Back to top Go down
Gimpy
SSXSRider Member
Gimpy

Shoulder Harnesses Empty
PostSubject: RZRS Harness Pics   Shoulder Harnesses EmptySun Mar 21, 2010 8:57 pm

I had my Tabs, that came with the Crows, welded to the bar.

Shoulder Harnesses Rzrupdate32010001

Shoulder Harnesses Rzrupdate32010002
Back to top Go down
Smith700
SSXSRider Member

Number of posts : 2713
Registration date : 2009-08-21

Shoulder Harnesses Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shoulder Harnesses   Shoulder Harnesses EmptySun Mar 21, 2010 11:05 pm

i have the black rhino bar for my harnesses.....
Back to top Go down
Lduke_01
SSXSRider Member
Lduke_01

Number of posts : 127
Registration date : 2009-12-29

Shoulder Harnesses Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shoulder Harnesses   Shoulder Harnesses EmptyThu Mar 25, 2010 11:58 pm

i like gimpy's set up im bout to order a bar for my rhino id say ill bring it to work and weld some tabs like that for clips i like that, and gimpy where did u get those harnesses at i like em. are they comfortable with out the pads/
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

Shoulder Harnesses Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shoulder Harnesses   Shoulder Harnesses EmptyFri Mar 26, 2010 12:30 am

Lduke_01 wrote:
i like gimpy's set up im bout to order a bar for my rhino id say ill bring it to work and weld some tabs like that for clips i like that, and gimpy where did u get those harnesses at i like em. are they comfortable with out the pads/

If you get a bar for the Rhino it should have tabs on it already.
Back to top Go down
Mud-and-Guts
SSXSRider Member
Mud-and-Guts

Shoulder Harnesses Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shoulder Harnesses   Shoulder Harnesses EmptyFri Mar 26, 2010 12:37 am

Big-R wrote:
Lduke_01 wrote:

The bar on my rhino came from Speed industries and it has no tabs... I need to fab up and weld some tabs for the clips....
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

Shoulder Harnesses Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shoulder Harnesses   Shoulder Harnesses EmptyFri Mar 26, 2010 12:38 am

mud-and-guts wrote:
Big-R wrote:
Lduke_01 wrote:

The bar on my rhino came from Speed industries and it has no tabs... I need to fab up and weld some tabs for the clips....

Wow, then he needs to get a Rock hard bar. They come with tabs. I really want to add them to the RZR.
Back to top Go down
4x4pac

4x4pac

Number of posts : 475
Registration date : 2009-06-03

Shoulder Harnesses Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shoulder Harnesses   Shoulder Harnesses EmptyFri Mar 26, 2010 1:45 am

Foxfire wrote:

FoxFire needs a SXS ticket or something. That sticker is expired. This is 2010 not 2009 roflmao
Back to top Go down
http://www.4x4pac.com
Lduke_01
SSXSRider Member
Lduke_01

Number of posts : 127
Registration date : 2009-12-29

Shoulder Harnesses Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shoulder Harnesses   Shoulder Harnesses EmptyFri Mar 26, 2010 2:31 am

Big-R wrote:
mud-and-guts wrote:
Big-R wrote:
Lduke_01 wrote:

Wow, then he needs to get a Rock hard bar. They come with tabs. I really want to add them to the RZR.

where do u get the rock hard bar. i looked at the speed industries one and found one on ebay but id have to weld tabs which is no biggie but if the price is right ill just buy em with it thatsright
Back to top Go down
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
wvyankee2

Number of posts : 10318
Registration date : 2008-01-22

Shoulder Harnesses Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shoulder Harnesses   Shoulder Harnesses EmptyFri Mar 26, 2010 4:41 am

Lduke_01 wrote:

where do u get the rock hard bar. i looked at the speed industries one and found one on ebay but id have to weld tabs which is no biggie but if the price is right ill just buy em with it thatsright

PM Clayboy. He can get you one. allright
Back to top Go down
AIRBORNE
SSXSRider Member
AIRBORNE

Number of posts : 6266
Registration date : 2008-05-01

Shoulder Harnesses Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shoulder Harnesses   Shoulder Harnesses EmptyFri Mar 26, 2010 5:42 am

I have the Rockhard bar and love it!
Back to top Go down
https://s300.photobucket.com/albums/nn28/AirborneWV/
Mud-and-Guts
SSXSRider Member
Mud-and-Guts

Shoulder Harnesses Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shoulder Harnesses   Shoulder Harnesses EmptyFri Mar 26, 2010 10:53 am

Ordered my links today......... Now I wait....... ownedsm
Back to top Go down
RMEF Lifer
SSXSRider Member
RMEF Lifer

Number of posts : 148
Registration date : 2009-12-22

Shoulder Harnesses Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shoulder Harnesses   Shoulder Harnesses EmptyFri Mar 26, 2010 11:51 am

AIRBORNE wrote:
I have the Rockhard bar and love it!

I had to look at that. I did not know that they made UTV parts. I have used their Jeep stuff for quite a while. They do make really nice items!
Back to top Go down
Foxfire
SSXSRider Member
Foxfire

Shoulder Harnesses Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shoulder Harnesses   Shoulder Harnesses EmptyFri Mar 26, 2010 4:51 pm

4x4pac wrote:
Foxfire wrote:

FoxFire needs a SXS ticket or something. That sticker is expired. This is 2010 not 2009 roflmao

Good till March 31 2010!! You will see an undated one here in the future....Sir. Shoulder Harnesses 13435
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Shoulder Harnesses Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shoulder Harnesses   Shoulder Harnesses Empty

Back to top Go down

Shoulder Harnesses
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next