SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

GNCC Race in Union S.C.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
rhino nut
SSXSRider Member
rhino nut

Number of posts : 99
Registration date : 2009-03-21

GNCC Race in Union S.C. Empty
PostSubject: GNCC Race in Union S.C.   GNCC Race in Union S.C. EmptySun Mar 21, 2010 3:39 pm

Hello just getting ready to race my first GNCC race in Union S.C. just wondering if any of you guys going to be there, to race or spectate? Have any of you guys raced a GNCC race before? Would like to get a few tips. Thanks Rhino Nut
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

Number of posts : 16074
Registration date : 2008-02-26

PostSubject: Re: GNCC Race in Union S.C.   GNCC Race in Union S.C. EmptySun Mar 21, 2010 7:22 pm

rhino nut wrote:
Hello just getting ready to race my first GNCC race in Union S.C. just wondering if any of you guys going to be there, to race or spectate? Have any of you guys raced a GNCC race before? Would like to get a few tips. Thanks Rhino Nut

I think ridepate has.
Back to top Go down
nocerisdave
SSXSRider Member
nocerisdave

Number of posts : 5674
Registration date : 2008-01-22

PostSubject: Re: GNCC Race in Union S.C.   GNCC Race in Union S.C. EmptySun Mar 21, 2010 8:40 pm

I have road a few local events here in AL. Depending on how the track is set up.....if its dusty and you are not leading and dont have fresh air, you can almost forget about passing anyone.

http://www.kartek.com/Product/Safety/AirSystems.html

Do not run a full windshield.

If its muddy make sure you have plenty of tear offs for your goggles.

Overheating is always an issue. Make sure that baby's clean and get a radiator screen of some type, or add a full shroud. I like outerwears.

Weigh, weight, weight.....get it down as much as possible.

Of course drive it like you stole it....but remember there are always breakdowns due to being over aggressive. From what I have seen over 1/4 of the field will have issues. Finishing, if you plan to be a regular on the GNCC, is very important. Sooo if you see the field start to dwindle down take it a lil easier.

Good luck!
Back to top Go down
rhino nut
SSXSRider Member
rhino nut

Number of posts : 99
Registration date : 2009-03-21

PostSubject: Re: GNCC Race in Union S.C.   GNCC Race in Union S.C. EmptySun Mar 21, 2010 9:09 pm

nocerisdave wrote:
I have road a few local events here in AL. Depending on how the track is set up.....if its dusty and you are not leading and dont have fresh air, you can almost forget about passing anyone.

http://www.kartek.com/Product/Safety/AirSystems.html

Do not run a full windshield.

If its muddy make sure you have plenty of tear offs for your goggles.

Overheating is always an issue. Make sure that baby's clean and get a radiator screen of some type, or add a full shroud. I like outerwears.

Weigh, weight, weight.....get it down as much as possible.

Of course drive it like you stole it....but remember there are always breakdowns due to being over aggressive. From what I have seen over 1/4 of the field will have issues. Finishing, if you plan to be a regular on the GNCC, is very important. Sooo if you see the field start to dwindle down take it a lil easier.

Good luck!
Thank you very much for the info, I have have a radiator guard an a warn winch bumper with a guard on it, I hope that enough to keep the mud out, I have never had a problem before but, I will watch the guage if its muddy. I dont plan on following the GNCC trail as I dont have the time, if you know what I mean one 8 year old boy that takes most of it. I just want to go an have a good time no matter what place i finish, if I even do. HaHa But thanks for the info an GOD Bless.
Back to top Go down
nocerisdave
SSXSRider Member
nocerisdave

Number of posts : 5674
Registration date : 2008-01-22

PostSubject: Re: GNCC Race in Union S.C.   GNCC Race in Union S.C. EmptyMon Mar 22, 2010 9:56 pm

Everybody should ride at least one. You will love it! The local stuff here were 8 mile loops 5 times and they changed the loop every race. They had 5 races. I have had some fun on SXS's but that by far is the most fun I have had.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: GNCC Race in Union S.C.   GNCC Race in Union S.C. Empty

Back to top Go down

GNCC Race in Union S.C.
Page 1 of 1