SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Thinking about a Teryx

Go down 
+4
Big-R
pit dog
sleepy23
PWM
8 posters
AuthorMessage
PWM
SSXSRider Member
PWM

Number of posts : 1082
Registration date : 2008-10-24

Thinking about a Teryx Empty
PostSubject: Thinking about a Teryx   Thinking about a Teryx EmptyTue Mar 23, 2010 9:06 pm

I am on the hunt for a SXS. I have pretty much narrowed it down between the Ranger XP and the Teryx.

I have heard the Teryx has had problems with belts, clutching, and seals leaking. What are your comments and thoughts?
Back to top Go down
http://cumberland-mudders.forumotion.com/index.htm
sleepy23

Number of posts : 133
Registration date : 2010-03-15

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about a Teryx   Thinking about a Teryx EmptyTue Mar 23, 2010 10:53 pm

i havent had any real problems and father in law had no problems.
the teryx is a very tough machine and you are really only going to have problems if you absolutely abuse it, but that is true for anything.
Back to top Go down
pit dog
SSXSRider Member
pit dog

Number of posts : 1380
Registration date : 2010-02-28

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about a Teryx   Thinking about a Teryx EmptyTue Mar 23, 2010 11:13 pm

VFJ clutch mod will launch. Motor is tried and true.No seal trouble. Price is right. Got my sport 9000 otd.1650 in mods WOW Get the sport with the good shocks.
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

Number of posts : 16074
Registration date : 2008-02-26

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about a Teryx   Thinking about a Teryx EmptyTue Mar 23, 2010 11:33 pm

I have never own a Teryx but I have always like Kawasaki. It seems to be a tough machine.
Back to top Go down
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
wvyankee2

Number of posts : 10318
Registration date : 2008-01-22

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about a Teryx   Thinking about a Teryx EmptyWed Mar 24, 2010 12:15 am

I think they made some improvements to the belt system for 2010. Better cooling too. Kawasaki has been fine tuning the machine every year. allright
Back to top Go down
Stench
SSXSRider Member
Stench

Number of posts : 424
Registration date : 2010-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about a Teryx   Thinking about a Teryx EmptyWed Mar 24, 2010 1:05 am

PWM, check out TeryxHQ.com or Teryxforums.net for lots of Teryx info. PRCforum is a great Polaris forum, but the guys here have LOTS of info on the Ranger.

I went through the same process you are and ended up with the Teryx. The XP is a nice machine for sure and I don't think you can go wrong with either one.

I like the styling on the 08/09 Teryx, but went with the 2010 for the upgrades..basically 3rd version of the same machine, so there is a reasonable expectation that all the bugs have been worked out. I first drove a Teryx that I rented at Brimstone - an 08 with over 3K HARD miles..you could tell it was worn (any rental is probably not driven easily), but still impressed me.

The three reasons I shied away from the Polaris -
1. Engine braking (can be fixed with Dirty Dawg Clutch)
2. Feel like you sit "ON" rather than "IN" - bench seat would be handy tho'
3. Local dealer support - better with the Kawi locally for me.
Back to top Go down
RedNeckRanger
SSXSRider Member
RedNeckRanger

Number of posts : 946
Registration date : 2009-06-03

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about a Teryx   Thinking about a Teryx EmptyWed Mar 24, 2010 5:51 am

u should of jumped n mine at pc......i never did hook up with bd.....ur more than welcome too......
Back to top Go down
PWM
SSXSRider Member
PWM

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about a Teryx   Thinking about a Teryx EmptyWed Mar 24, 2010 9:16 am

RedNeckRanger wrote:
u should of jumped n mine at pc......i never did hook up with bd.....ur more than welcome too......
Where are you riding next?
Back to top Go down
PWM
SSXSRider Member
PWM

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about a Teryx   Thinking about a Teryx EmptyWed Mar 24, 2010 9:17 am

Stench wrote:
PWM, check out TeryxHQ.com or Teryxforums.net for lots of Teryx info. PRCforum is a great Polaris forum, but the guys here have LOTS of info on the Ranger.

I went through the same process you are and ended up with the Teryx. The XP is a nice machine for sure and I don't think you can go wrong with either one.

I like the styling on the 08/09 Teryx, but went with the 2010 for the upgrades..basically 3rd version of the same machine, so there is a reasonable expectation that all the bugs have been worked out. I first drove a Teryx that I rented at Brimstone - an 08 with over 3K HARD miles..you could tell it was worn (any rental is probably not driven easily), but still impressed me.

The three reasons I shied away from the Polaris -
1. Engine braking (can be fixed with Dirty Dawg Clutch)
2. Feel like you sit "ON" rather than "IN" - bench seat would be handy tho'
3. Local dealer support - better with the Kawi locally for me.
Yeah I have been reading up on all of those forums but I know a lot of folks on this one so I came here for advice. Thanks for the input. Keep it coming.
Back to top Go down
roadiestar

roadiestar

Number of posts : 842
Registration date : 2008-01-25

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about a Teryx   Thinking about a Teryx EmptyWed Mar 24, 2010 11:04 am

I have a 08 Teryx no belt problems, or clutch problems in 1300 miles. The rear main seal leaks and I had to replace the front upper a arm bushings. I'm real hard on mine but keep up on the maintnence.
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

Number of posts : 16074
Registration date : 2008-02-26

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about a Teryx   Thinking about a Teryx EmptyWed Mar 24, 2010 11:13 am

roadiestar wrote:
I have a 08 Teryx no belt problems, or clutch problems in 1300 miles. The rear main seal leaks and I had to replace the front upper a arm bushings. I'm real hard on mine but keep up on the maintnence.

With the weight of these SxS's you can count doing these type of repairs. I have replace two sets of wheel bearings, a-arm bushings, front and rear diff seals and middle drive shaft. That is all on the rhino in 2500 miles (which I believe to be one of the toughest machines). So what ever you get plan on maintenance.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about a Teryx   Thinking about a Teryx Empty

Back to top Go down

Thinking about a Teryx
Page 1 of 1