SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

KEEPING RHINO CLEAN

Go down 
+2
ridepate
BIG D 57
6 posters
AuthorMessage
BIG D 57
SSXSRider Member
BIG D 57

Number of posts : 2087
Registration date : 2010-01-05

KEEPING RHINO CLEAN Empty
PostSubject: KEEPING RHINO CLEAN   KEEPING RHINO CLEAN EmptyThu Mar 25, 2010 7:50 pm

I THOUGHT I DID A GOOD JOB AT IT UNTIL I TOOK OFF SIDE PANELS OFF BY GAS TANK TO GET BOLTS IN FOR SKID PLATES , I WAS SURPRISED TO FIND HOW MUCH GRUD WAS UNDER TANK. EVEN POWER WASH MY MACHINE I TRY TO STICK WAND DOWN IN THE SIDES BUT I GUESS NOT GOOD ENOUGH,

ANY ADVISE HOW YOU DO IT???????? I AM THINKING OF PUTTING SMALLS BOLTS IN SIDE PANEL SO I CAN TAKE OFF TO CLEAN
Back to top Go down
ridepate
SSXSRider Staff
ridepate

Number of posts : 6409
Registration date : 2009-04-23

PostSubject: Re: KEEPING RHINO CLEAN   KEEPING RHINO CLEAN EmptyThu Mar 25, 2010 8:00 pm

Big,
I do what I call a wheels-off clean after any mud. Jack-stands, pull the wheels and all the plastic. I even took the bed off a time or two.. A lot of rags after the wash and some F-21, wipe it down, put it back together.
Back to top Go down
BIG D 57
SSXSRider Member
BIG D 57

Number of posts : 2087
Registration date : 2010-01-05

PostSubject: Re: KEEPING RHINO CLEAN   KEEPING RHINO CLEAN EmptyThu Mar 25, 2010 8:04 pm

IF YOU TAKE OFF PLASTIC DO YOU USE STOCK PLASTIC PUSH PINS OR SOMETHINGS ELSE, THEY DONT STAND UP TO MUCH IN AND OUT
THANKS
Back to top Go down
ridepate
SSXSRider Staff
ridepate

Number of posts : 6409
Registration date : 2009-04-23

PostSubject: Re: KEEPING RHINO CLEAN   KEEPING RHINO CLEAN EmptyThu Mar 25, 2010 8:46 pm

BIG D 57 wrote:
IF YOU TAKE OFF PLASTIC DO YOU USE STOCK PLASTIC PUSH PINS OR SOMETHINGS ELSE, THEY DONT STAND UP TO MUCH IN AND OUT
THANKS

Yes used the stock pins over and over. Just use a little sharp pick to get the phillips-heads moving. If you do it enough, yes you'll ruin a few, but get good at it after a while. allright
Back to top Go down
stevieptcb

stevieptcb

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2008-03-10

PostSubject: Re: KEEPING RHINO CLEAN   KEEPING RHINO CLEAN EmptyWed Mar 31, 2010 9:31 pm

Back to top Go down
matt2558
SSXSRider Member
matt2558

Number of posts : 134
Registration date : 2009-11-12

PostSubject: Re: KEEPING RHINO CLEAN   KEEPING RHINO CLEAN EmptySat May 01, 2010 10:42 pm

ridepate wrote:
Big,
I do what I call a wheels-off clean after any mud. Jack-stands, pull the wheels and all the plastic. I even took the bed off a time or two.. A lot of rags after the wash and some F-21, wipe it down, put it back together.

I am like you I don't go in much mud because I don't enjoy cleaning it out, but I do get a lot of dust build up on the engine and area under the seats. Is that a big deal, or am I good spraying it down with degreaser every other month or so?
Back to top Go down
Mud-and-Guts
SSXSRider Member
Mud-and-Guts

Number of posts : 1839
Registration date : 2008-09-22

PostSubject: Re: KEEPING RHINO CLEAN   KEEPING RHINO CLEAN EmptySun May 02, 2010 10:28 am

Yea mud is a pain but like a lot of things it is fun at the moment.... ownedsm
Back to top Go down
http://www.mudandgutsoffroad.org/
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
wvyankee2

Number of posts : 10318
Registration date : 2008-01-22

PostSubject: Re: KEEPING RHINO CLEAN   KEEPING RHINO CLEAN EmptySun May 02, 2010 3:57 pm

matt2558 wrote:
I am like you I don't go in much mud because I don't enjoy cleaning it out, but I do get a lot of dust build up on the engine and area under the seats. Is that a big deal, or am I good spraying it down with degreaser every other month or so?

I take the seats and doghouse out after every ride and just hose it off with water.. Mine stays pretty clean.
Back to top Go down
matt2558
SSXSRider Member
matt2558

Number of posts : 134
Registration date : 2009-11-12

PostSubject: Re: KEEPING RHINO CLEAN   KEEPING RHINO CLEAN EmptySun May 02, 2010 10:17 pm

Yank wrote:
matt2558 wrote:

I take the seats and doghouse out after every ride and just hose it off with water.. Mine stays pretty clean.

I would probably do that to if I knew an easier way to get mine off after taking the seats off. I have to wrestle the thing out every time and it is even harder to go back on. Maybe we can look at that this Saturday at the ride in Dawsonville.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: KEEPING RHINO CLEAN   KEEPING RHINO CLEAN Empty

Back to top Go down

KEEPING RHINO CLEAN
Page 1 of 1