Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!


 
GalleryHomePortalFAQRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 How long have your wheel bearings lasted?

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
avatar

Number of posts : 10317
Registration date : 2008-01-22
Age : 57
Location : Cabell Co., West Virginia

PostSubject: How long have your wheel bearings lasted?   Thu Mar 25, 2010 9:08 pm

Seems like many Rhino owners are not getting as many miles out of their replacement wheel bearings as they did with the first factory set. I would like to gather some Data on how many miles you are getting between replacement, and what bearings you are using. Either OEM or what brand aftermarket. Also please include whether you added extra grease to the new bearings on install.

This info might help in deciding what bearings to use and whether to add additional grease or not.
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
avatar

Number of posts : 16074
Registration date : 2008-02-26
Age : 44
Location : Louisville,Ky

PostSubject: Re: How long have your wheel bearings lasted?   Thu Mar 25, 2010 9:19 pm

1700 miles on the first.
500 on second set with no grease added. OEM
300 miles on third set with grease added and doing fine.

_________________
I Just Want To Go Fast

14 RZR XP 900 4
2012 Teryx 4
11 RZR XP 900 sold
08 RZR S 820 sold
08 Rhino 700EFI sold
2013 Teryx 4 LE sold

Lucky Rabbit Foot Key Chain Club
Red Rhino keychain club  

SouthernSxSRider Member # 1
Back to top Go down
AIRBORNE
SSXSRider Member
avatar

Number of posts : 6264
Registration date : 2008-05-01
Age : 44
Location : Morgantown, West Virginia

PostSubject: Re: How long have your wheel bearings lasted?   Thu Mar 25, 2010 9:21 pm

1200 miles on the factory rears. I replaced them with All Balls last week. I added extra grease. 1-2 miles around the neighborhood since.
Back to top Go down
http://s300.photobucket.com/albums/nn28/AirborneWV/
Smith700
SSXSRider Member


Number of posts : 2713
Registration date : 2009-08-21
Location : Knoxville,Tn

PostSubject: Re: How long have your wheel bearings lasted?   Thu Mar 25, 2010 9:37 pm

never changed......probably getting close to 3500 miles.....but since dealer reset the odometer.....
Back to top Go down
ridepate
SSXSRider Staff
avatar

Number of posts : 6407
Registration date : 2009-04-23
Age : 57
Location : 1st join date- 1/22/2008- North Ga.

PostSubject: Re: How long have your wheel bearings lasted?   Thu Mar 25, 2010 11:03 pm

smith700 wrote:
never changed......probably getting close to 3500 miles.....but since dealer reset the odometer.....

Little Smith,
Have you put it on a jack lately?? I'd jack it up and do a wiggle-test, Grab the top and the bottom of your wheel and see if it moves. I'd be willing to bet it does.

_________________
Went back in time....07 Rhino 660....
2016 Polaris General???? Or 2016 Pioneer 1000-3EPS??
2014 Kawasaki Teryx T2 SOLD
2013 Ranger XP-900 aka "Big-Green Tractor" SOLD
2010 Ranger XP-800 aka "Whitey" SOLD
2009 RZR-S SOLD
2007 Rhino 686 SOLD
2007 Rhino 450 SOLD
Blue-Cooler/White-Top member
SSXSR Member # 6
PIG FEEDER NATION
Back to top Go down
Smith700
SSXSRider Member


Number of posts : 2713
Registration date : 2009-08-21
Location : Knoxville,Tn

PostSubject: Re: How long have your wheel bearings lasted?   Thu Mar 25, 2010 11:05 pm

ok.....thanks for the tip.......so if they wiggle i need new bearings?.....
Back to top Go down
ridepate
SSXSRider Staff
avatar

Number of posts : 6407
Registration date : 2009-04-23
Age : 57
Location : 1st join date- 1/22/2008- North Ga.

PostSubject: Re: How long have your wheel bearings lasted?   Thu Mar 25, 2010 11:15 pm

smith700 wrote:
ok.....thanks for the tip.......so if they wiggle i need new bearings?.....

Yes-Sir you do.

_________________
Went back in time....07 Rhino 660....
2016 Polaris General???? Or 2016 Pioneer 1000-3EPS??
2014 Kawasaki Teryx T2 SOLD
2013 Ranger XP-900 aka "Big-Green Tractor" SOLD
2010 Ranger XP-800 aka "Whitey" SOLD
2009 RZR-S SOLD
2007 Rhino 686 SOLD
2007 Rhino 450 SOLD
Blue-Cooler/White-Top member
SSXSR Member # 6
PIG FEEDER NATION
Back to top Go down
RedNeckRanger
SSXSRider Member
avatar

Number of posts : 946
Registration date : 2009-06-03
Location : CHATTANOOGA

PostSubject: Re: How long have your wheel bearings lasted?   Thu Mar 25, 2010 11:20 pm

ridepate wrote:
smith700 wrote:
never changed......probably getting close to 3500 miles.....but since dealer reset the odometer.....

Little Smith,
Have you put it on a jack lately?? I'd jack it up and do a wiggle-test, Grab the top and the bottom of your wheel and see if it moves. I'd be willing to bet it does.


affraid affraid


I TS ABOUT TIME U ALL CHECKED THE REAR BUSHINGS TOO............
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
avatar

Number of posts : 16074
Registration date : 2008-02-26
Age : 44
Location : Louisville,Ky

PostSubject: Re: How long have your wheel bearings lasted?   Thu Mar 25, 2010 11:23 pm

RedNeckRanger wrote:
ridepate wrote:
smith700 wrote:
never changed......probably getting close to 3500 miles.....but since dealer reset the odometer.....

Little Smith,
Have you put it on a jack lately?? I'd jack it up and do a wiggle-test, Grab the top and the bottom of your wheel and see if it moves. I'd be willing to bet it does.


affraid affraid


I TS ABOUT TIME U ALL CHECKED THE REAR BUSHINGS TOO............

Yep, I say you are in need of A-arm bushing and bearings!!!!!

_________________
I Just Want To Go Fast

14 RZR XP 900 4
2012 Teryx 4
11 RZR XP 900 sold
08 RZR S 820 sold
08 Rhino 700EFI sold
2013 Teryx 4 LE sold

Lucky Rabbit Foot Key Chain Club
Red Rhino keychain club  

SouthernSxSRider Member # 1
Back to top Go down
Smith700
SSXSRider Member


Number of posts : 2713
Registration date : 2009-08-21
Location : Knoxville,Tn

PostSubject: Re: How long have your wheel bearings lasted?   Thu Mar 25, 2010 11:26 pm

well...that thing willl get all new bushings,bearings....and i guess brakes since they havent ever been replaced........and i bet its not good to run it for that long without replacing all that.....
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
avatar

Number of posts : 16074
Registration date : 2008-02-26
Age : 44
Location : Louisville,Ky

PostSubject: Re: How long have your wheel bearings lasted?   Thu Mar 25, 2010 11:40 pm

Brakes are good for about 900 miles of trail riding.

_________________
I Just Want To Go Fast

14 RZR XP 900 4
2012 Teryx 4
11 RZR XP 900 sold
08 RZR S 820 sold
08 Rhino 700EFI sold
2013 Teryx 4 LE sold

Lucky Rabbit Foot Key Chain Club
Red Rhino keychain club  

SouthernSxSRider Member # 1
Back to top Go down
nocerisdave
SSXSRider Member
avatar

Number of posts : 5674
Registration date : 2008-01-22
Age : 52
Location : Laceys Spring AL

PostSubject: Re: How long have your wheel bearings lasted?   Fri Mar 26, 2010 12:22 am

I am not sure how many sets I have put in the Rhino....but at least 4 sets with 3200 miles. My theory is the stock ones last longer because of the new a-arm bushings ball joints and everything else being new.
Back to top Go down
Mud-and-Guts
SSXSRider Member
avatar

Number of posts : 1839
Registration date : 2008-09-22
Age : 38
Location : celina,tn

PostSubject: Re: How long have your wheel bearings lasted?   Fri Mar 26, 2010 12:32 am

smith700 wrote:
well...that thing willl get all new bushings,bearings....and i guess brakes since they havent ever been replaced........and i bet its not good to run it for that long without replacing all that.....

It all depends on how you ride bro, but with 3500 if they ain't bad I got to say you ain't having enough fun.... lol!

I keep extra bearing on the shelf and after ever ride I check for play in the bearings as well as Ball Joints...
Back to top Go down
http://www.mudandgutsoffroad.org/
roadiestar

avatar

Number of posts : 840
Registration date : 2008-01-25
Age : 97
Location : Obama land USSR

PostSubject: Re: How long have your wheel bearings lasted?   Fri Mar 26, 2010 8:38 am

In 2000 miles, no bearings, 1 set of upper ball joints, 3 sets of front brakes
Back to top Go down
RZRS-EDGE
SUPER P
avatar

Number of posts : 1155
Registration date : 2009-06-04
Age : 52

PostSubject: Re: How long have your wheel bearings lasted?   Fri Mar 26, 2010 1:16 pm

Big-R wrote:
Brakes are good for about 900 miles of trail riding.

I'm on my third set of rear pads with 720 miles and ordered ALL Balls for the rear bearings
waiting on the brown truck
Back to top Go down
Smith700
SSXSRider Member


Number of posts : 2713
Registration date : 2009-08-21
Location : Knoxville,Tn

PostSubject: Re: How long have your wheel bearings lasted?   Fri Mar 26, 2010 3:12 pm

mud-and-guts wrote:
smith700 wrote:
well...that thing willl get all new bushings,bearings....and i guess brakes since they havent ever been replaced........and i bet its not good to run it for that long without replacing all that.....

It all depends on how you ride bro, but with 3500 if they ain't bad I got to say you ain't having enough fun.... lol!

I keep extra bearing on the shelf and after ever ride I check for play in the bearings as well as Ball Joints...
most of those miles are long slow crusing weekends with our group......we don't ride nearly as fast or hard as most of you do....
Back to top Go down
Mud-and-Guts
SSXSRider Member
avatar

Number of posts : 1839
Registration date : 2008-09-22
Age : 38
Location : celina,tn

PostSubject: Re: How long have your wheel bearings lasted?   Fri Mar 26, 2010 3:51 pm

smith700 wrote:
mud-and-guts wrote:
smith700 wrote:
well...that thing willl get all new bushings,bearings....and i guess brakes since they havent ever been replaced........and i bet its not good to run it for that long without replacing all that.....

It all depends on how you ride bro, but with 3500 if they ain't bad I got to say you ain't having enough fun.... lol!

I keep extra bearing on the shelf and after ever ride I check for play in the bearings as well as Ball Joints...
most of those miles are long slow crusing weekends with our group......we don't ride nearly as fast or hard as most of you do....

Honestly a lot of the miles I put on mine last summer/fall was cruising at slow speeds. Cruising my twins around....

But when I ride alone I tend to pick up the pace...( as much as I can with the lil 450 ) ownedsm
Back to top Go down
http://www.mudandgutsoffroad.org/
Smith700
SSXSRider Member


Number of posts : 2713
Registration date : 2009-08-21
Location : Knoxville,Tn

PostSubject: Re: How long have your wheel bearings lasted?   Fri Mar 26, 2010 4:01 pm

but my brakes are fading .....and the parking brake wont hold.....and does anyone know how much new brakes,bearings,bushings in gonna cost at the dealer......we are still under warranty
Back to top Go down
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
avatar

Number of posts : 10317
Registration date : 2008-01-22
Age : 57
Location : Cabell Co., West Virginia

PostSubject: Re: How long have your wheel bearings lasted?   Fri Mar 26, 2010 4:06 pm

smith700 wrote:
but my brakes are fading .....and the parking brake wont hold.....and does anyone know how much new brakes,bearings,bushings in gonna cost at the dealer......we are still under warranty

For bearings, bushings, and brakes installed at the dealer? It will cost you $800.00 to $1000.00.

Dont believe your warranty covers that. Would be cool if it did.
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
avatar

Number of posts : 16074
Registration date : 2008-02-26
Age : 44
Location : Louisville,Ky

PostSubject: Re: How long have your wheel bearings lasted?   Fri Mar 26, 2010 7:10 pm

Jerry wrote:
Big-R wrote:
Brakes are good for about 900 miles of trail riding.

I'm on my third set of rear pads with 720 miles and ordered ALL Balls for the rear bearings
waiting on the brown truck

I am sorry Jerry. I meant 700. Smith has a 700. You are right. The 660 rear brakes do not last as long.

_________________
I Just Want To Go Fast

14 RZR XP 900 4
2012 Teryx 4
11 RZR XP 900 sold
08 RZR S 820 sold
08 Rhino 700EFI sold
2013 Teryx 4 LE sold

Lucky Rabbit Foot Key Chain Club
Red Rhino keychain club  

SouthernSxSRider Member # 1
Back to top Go down
Wingman
SSXSRider Member


Number of posts : 529
Registration date : 2008-01-22
Age : 56
Location : Harbinger, NC

PostSubject: Re: How long have your wheel bearings lasted?   Fri Mar 26, 2010 7:46 pm

I will be changing my front bearings in the morning. Did the rears 5-6 months ago. 1800 miles with about 1200 of them at Windrock.
Back to top Go down
RedNeckRanger
SSXSRider Member
avatar

Number of posts : 946
Registration date : 2009-06-03
Location : CHATTANOOGA

PostSubject: Re: How long have your wheel bearings lasted?   Fri Mar 26, 2010 11:07 pm

smith700 wrote:
but my brakes are fading .....and the parking brake wont hold.....and does anyone know how much new brakes,bearings,bushings in gonna cost at the dealer......we are still under warranty


u all can do them urself......
Back to top Go down
ridepate
SSXSRider Staff
avatar

Number of posts : 6407
Registration date : 2009-04-23
Age : 57
Location : 1st join date- 1/22/2008- North Ga.

PostSubject: Re: How long have your wheel bearings lasted?   Fri Mar 26, 2010 11:12 pm

Bearings and brakes are wear items, you won't get them covered under warranty. Not a big deal tho. Very easy to replace.

_________________
Went back in time....07 Rhino 660....
2016 Polaris General???? Or 2016 Pioneer 1000-3EPS??
2014 Kawasaki Teryx T2 SOLD
2013 Ranger XP-900 aka "Big-Green Tractor" SOLD
2010 Ranger XP-800 aka "Whitey" SOLD
2009 RZR-S SOLD
2007 Rhino 686 SOLD
2007 Rhino 450 SOLD
Blue-Cooler/White-Top member
SSXSR Member # 6
PIG FEEDER NATION
Back to top Go down
Smith700
SSXSRider Member


Number of posts : 2713
Registration date : 2009-08-21
Location : Knoxville,Tn

PostSubject: Re: How long have your wheel bearings lasted?   Sat Mar 27, 2010 12:08 pm

ok.......any special tricks to replace them
Back to top Go down
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
avatar

Number of posts : 10317
Registration date : 2008-01-22
Age : 57
Location : Cabell Co., West Virginia

PostSubject: Re: How long have your wheel bearings lasted?   Sat Mar 27, 2010 1:22 pm

smith700 wrote:
ok.......any special tricks to replace them


Lot of good info in this thread. http://southernsxsriders.forumakers.com/yamaha-rhino-f8/rhino-wheel-bearings-t5364.htm?sid=a3e014a0caef99af3fdfcd448da62efd
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: How long have your wheel bearings lasted?   

Back to top Go down
 
How long have your wheel bearings lasted?
Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next
 Similar topics
-
» ranger wheel bearings
» Changing wheel bearings
» Lifetime Wheel Bearings!!!!!
» Polaris RZR Front Wheel Bearings
» wheel bearings?????

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
SouthernSxSRiders :: The Machines :: Yamaha-
Jump to: