SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Opps, How's This Happen

Go down 
+4
Big-R
wvyankee2
ridepate
nitefab
8 posters
AuthorMessage
nitefab
SSXSRider Member
nitefab

Number of posts : 120
Registration date : 2009-06-10

Opps, How's This Happen Empty
PostSubject: Opps, How's This Happen   Opps, How's This Happen EmptyTue Mar 30, 2010 8:58 pm

While you all were at Windrock Sat., some friends, my dad and me went riding, rode 70 miles in a bout 5 to 6 hours. I drove the rzr and he rode in my brothers 1000 XTZ. We had backup tires (doughnut tires 25") since we seem to blow rear tires, and I broke the rear sway bar. There are some pics of it, then after cleaning we noticed the front axle seals leaking (with water in it). We know the rears were leaking so order the parts, but we are going riding this Friday and Saturday. We are going to change the fluids and may make a temporary sway bar just to get through this weekend. I just want to know how do you break a rear sway bar. We were riding fast and it was not rough plus we grease it about every other week. I still don't know when it broke I just chalked it up to the little tires.

Opps, How's This Happen IMG_1294
Opps, How's This Happen IMG_1295
Opps, How's This Happen IMG_1299
Opps, How's This Happen IMG_1300
Back to top Go down
ridepate
SSXSRider Staff
ridepate

Number of posts : 6409
Registration date : 2009-04-23

PostSubject: Re: Opps, How's This Happen   Opps, How's This Happen EmptyTue Mar 30, 2010 9:14 pm

Just chunk the sway-bar. Articulation is much better without it and the shocks work more independently also.
Back to top Go down
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
wvyankee2

Number of posts : 10319
Registration date : 2008-01-22

PostSubject: Re: Opps, How's This Happen   Opps, How's This Happen EmptyTue Mar 30, 2010 9:48 pm

Well Fred, you got a lot of miles on that machine. I agree though, that sway bar is a head scratcher. scratch

Try it with the sway bar off like Jim said. You may like it. thatsright
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

Number of posts : 16074
Registration date : 2008-02-26

PostSubject: Re: Opps, How's This Happen   Opps, How's This Happen EmptyTue Mar 30, 2010 10:06 pm

You know what I think about the sway bar....... I have three of them setting in the corner of the garage. One off the Rhino, one off the stock RZR and one off the rebuilt RZR.
Back to top Go down
nocerisdave
SSXSRider Member
nocerisdave

Number of posts : 5674
Registration date : 2008-01-22

PostSubject: Re: Opps, How's This Happen   Opps, How's This Happen EmptyTue Mar 30, 2010 11:23 pm

It looks like a vibration crack started that. It almost looks like the factory bend caused to much stress.....????
Back to top Go down
Mud-and-Guts
SSXSRider Member
Mud-and-Guts

Number of posts : 1839
Registration date : 2008-09-22

PostSubject: Re: Opps, How's This Happen   Opps, How's This Happen EmptyTue Mar 30, 2010 11:43 pm

Since when are sway bars hollow? Is that a popo thing?
Back to top Go down
http://www.mudandgutsoffroad.org/
bush
SSXSRider Staff
bush

Number of posts : 6141
Registration date : 2008-06-06

PostSubject: Re: Opps, How's This Happen   Opps, How's This Happen EmptyWed Mar 31, 2010 2:57 am

if you have a lift that puts more stress on the sway bar. you can flip the sway bar and it will not be stressed as bad. i ran a super atv lift on my LE and the lift directions said to flip it.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/bushrhino
nitefab
SSXSRider Member
nitefab

Number of posts : 120
Registration date : 2009-06-10

PostSubject: Re: Opps, How's This Happen   Opps, How's This Happen EmptyWed Mar 31, 2010 7:39 am

I think a lot of sway bars are going hollow due to light weight. I do know in a sway bar you just need a material the resists twisting whether it be hollow or solid. The sway bar will stay on since we are use to it and it lets us power slide through turns so much better. When I realized it broke the rzr would not turn into the high speed corners as well just would not slide.
The more we look at it there seemed to be a crack that just finally gave way. Hope to make a new one today for the weekend. I will take a picture of it then.
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

Number of posts : 16074
Registration date : 2008-02-26

PostSubject: Re: Opps, How's This Happen   Opps, How's This Happen EmptyWed Mar 31, 2010 8:05 am

nitefab wrote:
......... When I realized it broke the rzr would not turn into the high speed corners as well just would not slide.

Sounds like you need a big bore kit. Do you know how to install one roflmao roflmao thatsright
Back to top Go down
BigMotts
Forum Sponsor
BigMotts

Number of posts : 538
Registration date : 2008-06-29

PostSubject: Re: Opps, How's This Happen   Opps, How's This Happen EmptyWed Mar 31, 2010 9:48 am

wow Ive never seen one break.....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Opps, How's This Happen   Opps, How's This Happen Empty

Back to top Go down

Opps, How's This Happen
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
SouthernSxSRiders :: The Machines :: Polaris-
Jump to: