SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

my rzr starting to burn oil

Go down 
+3
nitefab
AIRBORNE
Buckethead
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Buckethead

Buckethead

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2010-01-17

my rzr starting to burn oil Empty
PostSubject: my rzr starting to burn oil   my rzr starting to burn oil EmptyWed Apr 07, 2010 7:28 pm

3000 miles and its starting to burn oil, everytime i start it up i smell a little oil burn . Has anybody redone thier piston and rings on 2008 rzr. how much did it cost? How deep did you have to go?

Thanks Buckethead roflmao
Back to top Go down
AIRBORNE
SSXSRider Member
AIRBORNE

Number of posts : 6266
Registration date : 2008-05-01

PostSubject: Re: my rzr starting to burn oil   my rzr starting to burn oil EmptyWed Apr 07, 2010 7:54 pm

Don't know of anyone on here that has done a rebuild except for BigR. He rebuilt his top end with the Trinity Racing kit, so it would be considerably more than stock. Sorry about your luck. I am sure that would seriously tick me off.
Back to top Go down
https://s300.photobucket.com/albums/nn28/AirborneWV/
nitefab
SSXSRider Member
nitefab

Number of posts : 120
Registration date : 2009-06-10

PostSubject: Re: my rzr starting to burn oil   my rzr starting to burn oil EmptyWed Apr 07, 2010 8:36 pm

We did Big-R's and a stock one all you need to do is remove the bed and the rear wheels to give room. The coolant and oil drained, exhaust removed, intake removed. Then the head can be removed and the the cylinders. You can do all of it with the engine in the rzr. The only thing is plug the holes around the rod when you remove the pistons and cylinder bore, if not you may have to remove engine and break case to get trash or parts you may drop. For price if just pistons and rings not a whole (few hundred I think), if cylinder is scored bad big bore may be cheaper. Remember there is more but this is just to help.
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

Number of posts : 16074
Registration date : 2008-02-26

PostSubject: Re: my rzr starting to burn oil   my rzr starting to burn oil EmptyWed Apr 07, 2010 10:33 pm

Yeah Fred rebuilt mine. However, I think he wanted to see what the inside of a 800 engine looked like. I am glad he tore it down because we found that the oil screen pick up was full of metal shavings. It would have been only a matter of time before we were rebuilding again.

WV SxS Customs really do great work.
Back to top Go down
Foxfire
SSXSRider Member
Foxfire

Number of posts : 6060
Registration date : 2008-04-01

PostSubject: Re: my rzr starting to burn oil   my rzr starting to burn oil EmptyThu Apr 08, 2010 12:58 pm

Dust getting in the intake Question Somebody has to ask ya know Exclamation
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

PostSubject: Re: my rzr starting to burn oil   my rzr starting to burn oil EmptyThu Apr 08, 2010 3:13 pm

Foxfire wrote:
Dust getting in the intake Question Somebody has to ask ya know Exclamation

I think there was more to it then just the dust. But that is one thing he will need to change for sure.... the air box.
Back to top Go down
bush
SSXSRider Staff
bush

Number of posts : 6141
Registration date : 2008-06-06

PostSubject: Re: my rzr starting to burn oil   my rzr starting to burn oil EmptyFri Apr 09, 2010 2:48 am

this is Bobby D 08 rzr with 5000+ miles and after 2 or 3 topend rebuilds because of sucking dust.

my rzr starting to burn oil 800MOTOR004
my rzr starting to burn oil 800MOTOR005
my rzr starting to burn oil 800MOTOR002

my rzr starting to burn oil 800MOTOR006

this is a shot to compair what the rod is and is not supposed to look like

my rzr starting to burn oil 800MOTOR007
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/bushrhino
Buckethead

Buckethead

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2010-01-17

PostSubject: Re: my rzr starting to burn oil   my rzr starting to burn oil EmptyFri Apr 09, 2010 5:58 am

I think mine was sucking dust. I replaced the air filter cover and i think thats going to help a lot. You guys have given me some good info. Im not going to worry about it to much right now, hoping it will make it till fall anyway. Just going to keep a check on oil level more often and start planning that top end rebiuld. Couple of us coming down to ride brimestone with you guys this sat. Thanks Again thatsright
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

PostSubject: Re: my rzr starting to burn oil   my rzr starting to burn oil EmptySun Apr 11, 2010 4:58 pm

Who is working on Bobby's RZR?

bush wrote:
this is Bobby D 08 rzr with 5000+ miles and after 2 or 3 topend rebuilds because of sucking dust.

my rzr starting to burn oil 800MOTOR004
my rzr starting to burn oil 800MOTOR005
my rzr starting to burn oil 800MOTOR002

my rzr starting to burn oil 800MOTOR006

this is a shot to compair what the rod is and is not supposed to look like

my rzr starting to burn oil 800MOTOR007
Back to top Go down
ridepate
SSXSRider Staff
ridepate

Number of posts : 6409
Registration date : 2009-04-23

PostSubject: Re: my rzr starting to burn oil   my rzr starting to burn oil EmptySun Apr 11, 2010 10:44 pm

That's ugly!!! If you have ingested dust, a top-end only re-build is just a band-aid. A rod will go too sooner or later as shown above. If I remember correctly the dealer only re-did Bobbys top-end, what twice??
If the top-end has been exposed to dust, so has the bottom......... Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
bush
SSXSRider Staff
bush

Number of posts : 6141
Registration date : 2008-06-06

PostSubject: Re: my rzr starting to burn oil   my rzr starting to burn oil EmptyMon Apr 12, 2010 2:58 am

Big-R wrote:
Who is working on Bobby's RZR?

CarolinaPolaris
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/bushrhino
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: my rzr starting to burn oil   my rzr starting to burn oil Empty

Back to top Go down

my rzr starting to burn oil
Page 1 of 1