SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

*** Brimstone Trail warning ***

Go down 
+9
Foxfire
blu-knight
Mud-and-Guts
Big-R
highlander
Gimpy
DirtDawber
AIRBORNE
Rhino Rob
13 posters
AuthorMessage
Rhino Rob
SSXSRider Member
Rhino Rob

Number of posts : 2577
Registration date : 2009-01-25
Location : the home of the volunteers and port st joe tiger sharks

*** Brimstone Trail warning *** Empty
PostSubject: *** Brimstone Trail warning ***   *** Brimstone Trail warning *** EmptyWed Apr 07, 2010 9:10 pm

Subject: Brimestone Trail # 87 Dangerous you will die!!!!! Sun Apr 04, 2010 6:22 pm

For those going on the april ride, i found this on another site and felt obliged to pass it on to my friends. I have other plans this weekend and do not have time to go and check. this is FYI.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Me and my husband and two other couples was riding in Brimestone Saturday April 3 2010. Trail # 87 close to the end where 102, very dangerous. We was going up a steep and I mean steep hill and at the top was a giant whoot that when you went over it in a RZR you couldn't see what was on the otherside!!!! Guess what? it was a Hugh washout and me and my husband fell into and was hanging on the cliff. My side which is the passenger side, no ground under it, no way for me to bale and the Rzr was trying to decide if it should go over the cliff or just balance. We had to shift our weight back to the left to keep it from going over and we couldn't move until our friends could wrench us out. I crapped in my pants, cried and screamed. I have never been so scared in my life. Just one wrong move and we could have been a cross on the Mountain and a story in the news paper. Brimestone is not what it use to be, the loggers has destroyed it!!! We are experience riders but even an experience rider would have crapped in their pants or been killed.

Last edited by Rhino Rob on Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
AIRBORNE
SSXSRider Member
AIRBORNE

Number of posts : 6266
Registration date : 2008-05-01

PostSubject: Re: *** Brimstone Trail warning ***   *** Brimstone Trail warning *** EmptyWed Apr 07, 2010 9:12 pm

WOW
Back to top Go down
https://s300.photobucket.com/albums/nn28/AirborneWV/
DirtDawber
SSXSRider Member
DirtDawber

Number of posts : 4089
Registration date : 2009-02-24

PostSubject: Re: *** Brimstone Trail warning ***   *** Brimstone Trail warning *** EmptyWed Apr 07, 2010 9:25 pm

DANG !! pale
Back to top Go down
Gimpy
SSXSRider Member
Gimpy

Number of posts : 7708
Registration date : 2009-10-01

PostSubject: Re: *** Brimstone Trail warning ***   *** Brimstone Trail warning *** EmptyWed Apr 07, 2010 9:57 pm

I crapped my pants thinking of it!!!
Back to top Go down
http://lwurzel@twc.com
highlander
SSXSRider Member
highlander

Number of posts : 553
Registration date : 2008-04-28

PostSubject: Re: *** Brimstone Trail warning ***   *** Brimstone Trail warning *** EmptyWed Apr 07, 2010 10:17 pm

IF anyone is buying a permitat the office. Couldyou please ask about this.
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

Number of posts : 16074
Registration date : 2008-02-26

PostSubject: Re: *** Brimstone Trail warning ***   *** Brimstone Trail warning *** EmptyWed Apr 07, 2010 10:39 pm

highlander wrote:
IF anyone is buying a permitat the office. Couldyou please ask about this.

What's the real story? I have been on that trail a 100 times. It is a tough one no doubt but I don't know where the cliff would be unless you took a wrong turn.
Back to top Go down
Mud-and-Guts
SSXSRider Member
Mud-and-Guts

Number of posts : 1839
Registration date : 2008-09-22

PostSubject: Re: *** Brimstone Trail warning ***   *** Brimstone Trail warning *** EmptyWed Apr 07, 2010 10:49 pm

scratch
Back to top Go down
http://www.mudandgutsoffroad.org/
blu-knight
SSXSRider Member
blu-knight

Number of posts : 840
Registration date : 2008-09-10

PostSubject: Re: *** Brimstone Trail warning ***   *** Brimstone Trail warning *** EmptyThu Apr 08, 2010 6:13 am

Hey Big R does this mean we are going to check it out on Saturday? lol!
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

PostSubject: Re: *** Brimstone Trail warning ***   *** Brimstone Trail warning *** EmptyThu Apr 08, 2010 8:17 am

blu-knight wrote:
Hey Big R does this mean we are going to check it out on Saturday? lol!

Maybe you can scout it out for the group. If you don't come back we will know to stay off that trail...... thatsright
Back to top Go down
DirtDawber
SSXSRider Member
DirtDawber

Number of posts : 4089
Registration date : 2009-02-24

PostSubject: Re: *** Brimstone Trail warning ***   *** Brimstone Trail warning *** EmptyThu Apr 08, 2010 9:02 am

roflmao roflmao
Sorry Chad.
Back to top Go down
blu-knight
SSXSRider Member
blu-knight

PostSubject: Re: *** Brimstone Trail warning ***   *** Brimstone Trail warning *** EmptyThu Apr 08, 2010 9:13 am

I will make sure I attached a line to the rear bumber so if I do go off the other side someone can pull me back up.... thatsright I will get to see how well the 4 point harness really works affraid
Back to top Go down
Foxfire
SSXSRider Member
Foxfire

Number of posts : 6060
Registration date : 2008-04-01

PostSubject: Re: *** Brimstone Trail warning ***   *** Brimstone Trail warning *** EmptyThu Apr 08, 2010 9:52 am

blu-knight wrote:
I will make sure I attached a line to the rear bumber so if I do go off the other side someone can pull me back up.... thatsright I will get to see how well the 4 point harness really works affraid

Lets not and say ya did Exclamation
Back to top Go down
blu-knight
SSXSRider Member
blu-knight

PostSubject: Re: *** Brimstone Trail warning ***   *** Brimstone Trail warning *** EmptyThu Apr 08, 2010 12:09 pm

thanks fox at least someone cares..... Sad thatsright
Back to top Go down
Stakk

Stakk

Number of posts : 482
Registration date : 2009-01-10

PostSubject: Re: *** Brimstone Trail warning ***   *** Brimstone Trail warning *** EmptyThu Apr 08, 2010 12:41 pm

Dud and Shawn rode this and found nothing! did they post photos of this area? , I think this is simply a knock on Brimstone, notice how the comment said loggers have ruined Brimstone? sounds like someone just trying to hurt Brimstone........Also, what site was this cpoied from?
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

PostSubject: Re: *** Brimstone Trail warning ***   *** Brimstone Trail warning *** EmptyThu Apr 08, 2010 3:18 pm

Stakk wrote:
Dud and Shawn rode this and found nothing! did they post photos of this area? , I think this is simply a knock on Brimstone, notice how the comment said loggers have ruined Brimstone? sounds like someone just trying to hurt Brimstone........Also, what site was this cpoied from?

Hey Stakk,

Can you get to 87. I was there just a few weeks ago and could not even make it onto 87 form 1. The loggers did have it blocked off. I do really like that trail!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
wvyankee2

Number of posts : 10318
Registration date : 2008-01-22

PostSubject: Re: *** Brimstone Trail warning ***   *** Brimstone Trail warning *** EmptyThu Apr 08, 2010 3:45 pm

Stakk wrote:
........Also, what site was this cpoied from?

http://cumberland-mudders.forumotion.com/places-to-ride-f15/brimestone-trail-87-dangerous-you-will-die-t5433.htm#92415

Here is a post on 87 from the Brimstone forum....

Re: Trail #87 washout ?
« Reply #2 on: Today at 08:05:36 AM »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We rode it yesturday (April 7) and it did not seem bad to us. It is a red trail sooooo... We rode it because of people saying it was washed out. It may be harder than it once was but it is definitely doable. One of the crew did it in 2 wheel drive with a rhino.
Back to top Go down
Smith700
SSXSRider Member

Number of posts : 2713
Registration date : 2009-08-21

PostSubject: Re: *** Brimstone Trail warning ***   *** Brimstone Trail warning *** EmptyThu Apr 08, 2010 3:48 pm

Sounds a little fishy to me??
Back to top Go down
Stakk

Stakk

PostSubject: Re: *** Brimstone Trail warning ***   *** Brimstone Trail warning *** EmptyThu Apr 08, 2010 4:42 pm

Big-R wrote:
Stakk wrote:

Hey Stakk,

Can you get to 87. I was there just a few weeks ago and could not even make it onto 87 form 1. The loggers did have it blocked off. I do really like that trail!!!!!!

Yea, the new entrane is down about 50 yrds from the original, you go about 1/2 mile in where they logged and it turns back into a trail, it;s actually a nice view now when you get down it a ways now
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

PostSubject: Re: *** Brimstone Trail warning ***   *** Brimstone Trail warning *** EmptyThu Apr 08, 2010 4:57 pm

Stakk wrote:
Big-R wrote:
Stakk wrote:

Hey Stakk,

Yea, the new entrane is down about 50 yrds from the original, you go about 1/2 mile in where they logged and it turns back into a trail, it;s actually a nice view now when you get down it a ways now

Thanks. Is is marked?
Back to top Go down
Rhino Rob
SSXSRider Member
Rhino Rob

Number of posts : 2577
Registration date : 2009-01-25
Location : the home of the volunteers and port st joe tiger sharks

PostSubject: Re: *** Brimstone Trail warning ***   *** Brimstone Trail warning *** EmptyThu Apr 08, 2010 5:24 pm

http://cumberland-mudders.forumotion.com/places-to-ride-f15/brimestone-trail-87-dangerous-you-will-die-t5433.htm#92415

just posting it for you guys to beaware and i am thinking she was referring to 87Y, The Y being "why am i on this trail" is how the guides from brimstone put it.

I dont think its a knock on brimstone about the remark about the loggers ruining brimstone, unless of course you like riding thru a section of raped forest to the untrained eye but what will become in a valuable food source then habitat for wildlife. And heck its the timber company toting the note up there and brimstone llc is paying for the right to access that land.
Back to top Go down
RMEF Lifer
SSXSRider Member
RMEF Lifer

Number of posts : 148
Registration date : 2009-12-22

PostSubject: Re: *** Brimstone Trail warning ***   *** Brimstone Trail warning *** EmptyThu Apr 08, 2010 8:50 pm

As someone who makes his living indirectly from logging ops, they look wonderful to me .....
Back to top Go down
highlander
SSXSRider Member
highlander

Number of posts : 553
Registration date : 2008-04-28

PostSubject: Re: *** Brimstone Trail warning ***   *** Brimstone Trail warning *** EmptyThu Apr 08, 2010 11:43 pm

They have to be talking about 102. When you get to the bottom of 87 102 goup to right. It has some woops as she called it. That is the only trail that has whoops on it as I recall . Stakk is that the trail dud rode
Back to top Go down
Stakk

Stakk

PostSubject: Re: *** Brimstone Trail warning ***   *** Brimstone Trail warning *** EmptyFri Apr 09, 2010 12:11 pm

Big-R wrote:
Stakk wrote:
Big-R wrote:
Stakk wrote:

Hey Stakk,

Thanks. Is is marked?

Yes
Back to top Go down
Stakk

Stakk

PostSubject: Re: *** Brimstone Trail warning ***   *** Brimstone Trail warning *** EmptyFri Apr 09, 2010 12:13 pm

Rhino Rob wrote:

just posting it for you guys to beaware and i am thinking she was referring to 87Y, The Y being "why am i on this trail" is how the guides from brimstone put it.

I dont think its a knock on brimstone about the remark about the loggers ruining brimstone, unless of course you like riding thru a section of raped forest to the untrained eye but what will become in a valuable food source then habitat for wildlife. And heck its the timber company toting the note up there and brimstone llc is paying for the right to access that land.

The logging is only on trails 1 and 3 of Brimstone's lease.......they have went into the woods on both sides of the trail mostly about 200-300 yrads max, they are logging 1000 acres of the total 20,000 Brimstone acres then going back to Shacks creek area.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: *** Brimstone Trail warning ***   *** Brimstone Trail warning *** Empty

Back to top Go down

*** Brimstone Trail warning ***
Page 1 of 1