SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Overheating

Go down 
+3
Mudxtc
rcmass
nocerisdave
7 posters
AuthorMessage
nocerisdave
SSXSRider Member
nocerisdave

Number of posts : 5674
Registration date : 2008-01-22

Overheating Empty
PostSubject: Overheating   Overheating EmptySun Apr 06, 2008 11:03 pm

I had my first experience with over heating today....well my first 3 experiences with over heating. I sprayed out the radiator only to have it do it again shortly after. Granted we were not lolly gaggin around but I have always rode this way.

I have a full windshield and took it off after the 3rd time to overheat......it did not overheat again but I am not sure if that could be the cause and effect from the flow of air with the windshield. Yeah I know your saying, this guy is crazy as a runover dog......but the other two Rhinos, although they were 700s without windshields, didnt overheat......

Crazy or not?

I just remembered that I have some styrofoam between both seats and the bases, to help with cabin noise, I wonder if the styrofoam and the windshield is causing heat to get "trapped" and go in a continuous loop.

You guys who have experienced over heating....do you have windshields, or other "noise control" mods?
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Overheating Empty
PostSubject: Re: Overheating   Overheating EmptySun Apr 06, 2008 11:13 pm

Dave,
There is no-way any windshield or cab-insulation contributed to over-heating. All the cooling takes place at the front , at the radiator, absoulitly,positivly, no where else!! It was just a fluke you removed the windshield and it quit. I would "burp" the system at the thermo-stat housing. You might have a air-bubble, thats if your sure the radiator is clean. It's a known occurence that does not happen right off the bat. Air-lock in the cooling system , caused by air, is common and will cause over-heating.
Jimbo
Back to top Go down
nocerisdave
SSXSRider Member
nocerisdave

Overheating Empty
PostSubject: Re: Overheating   Overheating EmptySun Apr 06, 2008 11:15 pm

How do I burp it?
Back to top Go down
rcmass

rcmass

Number of posts : 999
Registration date : 2008-02-01

Overheating Empty
PostSubject: Re: Overheating   Overheating EmptyMon Apr 07, 2008 7:13 am

pat it on the back....

believe me, that would be hysterical if you were feeding a baby right now like i am.....

oh, and i cant add more than what pate aklready said - and i dont know how to burp the rhino either - sorry. keep us updated though please.
Back to top Go down
Mudxtc

Mudxtc

Number of posts : 106

Overheating Empty
PostSubject: Re: Overheating   Overheating EmptyWed Apr 09, 2008 4:29 pm

I drained and refilled mine and didnt have any problems at all with air-pockets. What I did do was, I put the front wheels up on cinder blocks to raise the radiator above the engine and that may have helped. When I filled the radiator, I let it sit and idle for about an hour while I was continously checking the coolant level and topping it off as needed, unfortunately when I did this, it was about 28 degrees so it took forever for the thermostat to open up so the block would fill up with coolant (I think it took about 15-20 minutes for it to get up to temperature).

p
Back to top Go down
BUZCLEV5

BUZCLEV5

Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2008-02-06

Overheating Empty
PostSubject: Re: Overheating   Overheating EmptyWed Apr 09, 2008 11:34 pm

THERE IS A VENT HOLE ON THE THEMO HOUSING ON THE DRIVERS SIDE OF THE HEAD TO VENT THE AIR OUT OF THE SYSTEM IT IS A 8MM I THINK AND IT HAS A COPPER WASHER ON IT, IT POINTS UP TAKE IT OUT AND FILL FROM THE RADIATOR TILL WATER OR COOLANT RUNS OUT THEN REPLACE IT AND THE RADIATOR CAP AND FILL YOUR RESOVIOR AND YOU SHOULD BE BURPED AND NO AIR IN THE SYSTEM
Back to top Go down
Clayboy
SSXSRider Member
Clayboy

Number of posts : 1861

Overheating Empty
PostSubject: Re: Overheating   Overheating EmptyThu Apr 10, 2008 4:00 am

Main thing to remeber to cure over-heating to to clean the radiator out very good after every ride. I go back and forth with a water hose for at least 5 min. and when you think you got it good, spray some more. :bom:
Back to top Go down
Clutch

Clutch

Number of posts : 217

Overheating Empty
PostSubject: Re: Overheating   Overheating EmptyThu Apr 10, 2008 7:59 pm

DON'T pressure was your radiator for those reading this post. You will bend the little fins in and your overheating problems will begin. I had a friend do this to his Brute Force, took us weeks to figure out what the problems was and why he kept over heating on every ride.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Overheating Empty
PostSubject: Re: Overheating   Overheating EmptyThu Apr 10, 2008 11:25 pm

I think you should just sell it and get a 700... lol!

lucky #500.
Back to top Go down
nocerisdave
SSXSRider Member
nocerisdave

Overheating Empty
PostSubject: Re: Overheating   Overheating EmptyFri Apr 11, 2008 6:28 pm

Wheels I would if I had only 1/4 of your money. Please send donations.
Back to top Go down
muddyrhino

muddyrhino

Number of posts : 46

Overheating Empty
PostSubject: Re: Overheating   Overheating EmptyMon Apr 14, 2008 7:44 am

A VERY clean radiator was the end of my over heating problems. You would be surprised. Just when you think it is clean..IT ISN't.
Back to top Go down
http://www.undergrounatv.com
Anonymous

Overheating Empty
PostSubject: Re: Overheating   Overheating EmptyMon Apr 14, 2008 7:30 pm

AMEN Rolling Eyes AMEN Rolling Eyes lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Overheating Empty
PostSubject: Re: Overheating   Overheating Empty

Back to top Go down

Overheating
Page 1 of 1