SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Shorten Steering Column?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
BigDog™

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2008-04-07

Shorten Steering Column? Empty
PostSubject: Shorten Steering Column?   Shorten Steering Column? EmptyMon Apr 07, 2008 10:38 am

Has anybody had experience with shortening the steering column? I am just way too fat to be comfortable behind the wheel the way it is. If I could cut a few inches out of the steering column and get the wheel much closer to the dash it would work much better for me. Looks to be a pretty straightforward job for a machine shop.
Back to top Go down
Clutch

Clutch

Number of posts : 217
Registration date : 2008-01-22

PostSubject: Re: Shorten Steering Column?   Shorten Steering Column? EmptyMon Apr 07, 2008 5:31 pm

It should not be that big a deal. You might look at a after market wheel like a GT it may give you more room.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Shorten Steering Column?   Shorten Steering Column? EmptyMon Apr 07, 2008 6:25 pm

i ve seen several that cut out the dash and raised the column straight up about 3 in or so and it gives people alot more room :D
Back to top Go down
shawnley1222
SSXSRider Member
shawnley1222

Number of posts : 2745
Registration date : 2008-01-22

PostSubject: Re: Shorten Steering Column?   Shorten Steering Column? EmptyMon Apr 07, 2008 7:58 pm

rhinomcb wrote:
i ve seen several that cut out the dash and raised the column straight up about 3 in or so and it gives people alot more room :D

like a bus or a polaris no thanks lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Shorten Steering Column?   Shorten Steering Column? Empty

Back to top Go down

Shorten Steering Column?
Page 1 of 1