SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Rhino Motor oil seal.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
wvyankee2

Number of posts : 10318
Registration date : 2008-01-22

Rhino Motor oil seal. Empty
PostSubject: Rhino Motor oil seal.   Rhino Motor oil seal. EmptySat Apr 17, 2010 4:26 pm

Yep, mine is leaking. Been reading up on it and maybe just the yolk nut needs tightening. Hope so, I will let you know.

Rhino Motor oil seal. Motorseal001

Rhino Motor oil seal. Motorseal002

The circlips and end caps were fun to get out from the standing on your head position. Been greasing the u-joint regularly and it is in great shape after 2000 miles.

Rhino Motor oil seal. Motorseal004
Back to top Go down
ridepate
SSXSRider Staff
ridepate

Number of posts : 6409
Registration date : 2009-04-23

PostSubject: Re: Rhino Motor oil seal.   Rhino Motor oil seal. EmptySat Apr 17, 2010 7:09 pm

Should'nt be a bad job if you have to replace the seal Yank. Looks to me like your gonna have to...........
Back to top Go down
Mud-and-Guts
SSXSRider Member
Mud-and-Guts

Number of posts : 1839
Registration date : 2008-09-22

PostSubject: Re: Rhino Motor oil seal.   Rhino Motor oil seal. EmptySat Apr 17, 2010 7:13 pm

I hate oil leaks...... Worst park is they let water in when on the trails....

Good luck bro, I think if I were you I would go ahead pull the yoke and put in a new seal....
Back to top Go down
http://www.mudandgutsoffroad.org/
Rhino X 2
SSXSRider Member
Rhino X 2

Number of posts : 449
Registration date : 2009-11-08

PostSubject: Re: Rhino Motor oil seal.   Rhino Motor oil seal. EmptySat Apr 17, 2010 7:45 pm

Yank I have a copy of the shop service manual it is for a 660 but it may help if you want it pm me your e mail and I will send it to you good luck
Back to top Go down
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
wvyankee2

Number of posts : 10318
Registration date : 2008-01-22

PostSubject: Re: Rhino Motor oil seal.   Rhino Motor oil seal. EmptySat Apr 17, 2010 8:09 pm

ridepate wrote:
Should'nt be a bad job if you have to replace the seal Yank. Looks to me like your gonna have to...........

Been reading on Rhino forums and several have had this problem and said the nut just backed off. Tighten it back up and no more leak. I guess I should get a seal and replace it. It's only a $5 seal. It's the $14 quart of RoyalPurple i just put in it that I dont want to throw away if I dont have to. Smiles

Anyway, i am waiting to get a torque wrench from work to see what exactly the present torque on the nut is. It's supposed to be 110 lb. If it's substantially less, I think i'll torque it back up and watch it for a couple days. See if the leak stops.

Rhino X 2 wrote:
Yank I have a copy of the shop service manual it is for a 660 but it may help if you want it pm me your e mail and I will send it to you good luck

Thanks X2, but I already have one on the computer. Appreciate the offer. Smiles
Back to top Go down
bush
SSXSRider Staff
bush

Number of posts : 6141
Registration date : 2008-06-06

PostSubject: Re: Rhino Motor oil seal.   Rhino Motor oil seal. EmptyMon Apr 19, 2010 1:18 am

if that was mine i would take the yoke off and the take the 4 bolts out and check the middle drive gears. should only take 10 mins. just do not get the shims mixed up.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/bushrhino
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rhino Motor oil seal.   Rhino Motor oil seal. Empty

Back to top Go down

Rhino Motor oil seal.
Page 1 of 1