SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Fallen Soldier. A devoted husband and father, and my friend.

Go down 
+16
CaptMorgansgirl
pit dog
stealth
Gimpy
2Slow4U
Foxfire
Hollon
Woodtick
cajuncoot
bigbore
Clayboy
nocerisdave
DOG
Big-R
RedNeckRanger
AIRBORNE
20 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
AIRBORNE
SSXSRider Member
AIRBORNE

Number of posts : 6266
Registration date : 2008-05-01

Fallen Soldier. A devoted husband and father, and my friend. Empty
PostSubject: Fallen Soldier. A devoted husband and father, and my friend.   Fallen Soldier. A devoted husband and father, and my friend. EmptySat May 08, 2010 9:34 pm

It is with extreme sorrow that I type this post. Last year the Ridgerunners were gracious enough to host an event for me and a few other returning veterans. One of those that attended was Kyle Comfort, my best buddy from FT Campbell. We parted ways back in January when he went to Ranger Regiment at FT Benning and I came to FT Lee for the Captain's Career Course. Our wives are very close, and his wife actually was visiting us here in Virginia last week from Alabama. She and her 6 month old little girl are staying with her parents while Kyle was in Afghanistan. Well, today while my wife and I were driving back from VA Beach we got a very saddening phone call. Unfortunately, Kyle was killed in action last night in Afghanistan. I cannot even express in words how much he will be missed by all that knew him. He was funny, sincere, loyal, and true friend. Rest in peace buddy. Sad
Fallen Soldier. A devoted husband and father, and my friend. EvartsVetsRide025
Fallen Soldier. A devoted husband and father, and my friend. EvartsVetsRide022
Fallen Soldier. A devoted husband and father, and my friend. EvartsVetsRide112
Fallen Soldier. A devoted husband and father, and my friend. EvartsVetsRide098
Fallen Soldier. A devoted husband and father, and my friend. EvartsVetsRide107
Fallen Soldier. A devoted husband and father, and my friend. EvartsVetsRide098
Fallen Soldier. A devoted husband and father, and my friend. EvartsVetsRide087

Last edited by AIRBORNE on Sat May 08, 2010 10:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://s300.photobucket.com/albums/nn28/AirborneWV/
RedNeckRanger
SSXSRider Member
RedNeckRanger

Number of posts : 946
Registration date : 2009-06-03

PostSubject: Re: Fallen Soldier. A devoted husband and father, and my friend.   Fallen Soldier. A devoted husband and father, and my friend. EmptySat May 08, 2010 9:44 pm

very sad news ,thoughts and prayers ..........for family and friends Soldiers Prayer
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

Number of posts : 16074
Registration date : 2008-02-26

PostSubject: Re: Fallen Soldier. A devoted husband and father, and my friend.   Fallen Soldier. A devoted husband and father, and my friend. EmptySat May 08, 2010 9:52 pm

Chris, my prayers go out for his family and yours. He was a really nice guy. I am glad and honored to have met him.

It is situation like this that really hits home and makes me appreciate you guys even more. There are no words that can express the thanks that I have for you and our military.

My God bless his family in this troubled time.
Back to top Go down
DOG
SSXSRider Member
DOG

Number of posts : 1305
Registration date : 2010-02-20

PostSubject: Re: Fallen Soldier. A devoted husband and father, and my friend.   Fallen Soldier. A devoted husband and father, and my friend. EmptySat May 08, 2010 10:50 pm

i am really sorry to hear that my thoughts and prayers go out to his family and yours.
Back to top Go down
nocerisdave
SSXSRider Member
nocerisdave

Number of posts : 5674
Registration date : 2008-01-22

PostSubject: Re: Fallen Soldier. A devoted husband and father, and my friend.   Fallen Soldier. A devoted husband and father, and my friend. EmptySat May 08, 2010 11:44 pm

Damn Chris thats terrible. You all will be in our prayers. Please let us know if there is a fund or some way we can help the family. I live one half mile off Redstone, and I can honestly say some of the best folks I have ever met come through that base.
Back to top Go down
Clayboy
SSXSRider Member
Clayboy

Number of posts : 1861

PostSubject: Re: Fallen Soldier. A devoted husband and father, and my friend.   Fallen Soldier. A devoted husband and father, and my friend. EmptySun May 09, 2010 12:54 am

Very sad for your loss brother.
Back to top Go down
bigbore
SSXSRider Member
bigbore

Number of posts : 515
Registration date : 2009-06-08

PostSubject: Re: Fallen Soldier. A devoted husband and father, and my friend.   Fallen Soldier. A devoted husband and father, and my friend. EmptySun May 09, 2010 1:14 am

A terrible loss for family and friends. Our prayers go out to the the family and friends and we cannot put into words our grattitude for his sacrifice in defense of our country and freedom. Freedom is not free and our soldiers prove that every day. I type this in tears for the loss of a soldier and brother that I never had the honor to meet. Thank You Kyle, you are a hero.
Back to top Go down
cajuncoot
SSXSRider Member
cajuncoot

Number of posts : 3773
Registration date : 2008-03-25

PostSubject: Re: Fallen Soldier. A devoted husband and father, and my friend.   Fallen Soldier. A devoted husband and father, and my friend. EmptySun May 09, 2010 7:21 am

So saddened by this Loss to ALL AMERICANS especially his Family and friends, these are the reasons i hold ALL service members in high esteem. I think my worst nightmares have been that i will have to attend a funeral and hear TAPS played for my younger brother, sends chill down my spine thinking about the heroes that GAVE ALL. GOD BLESS the family and friends of this Hero and our heartfelt prayers are with all. old glory Soldiers Prayer
Back to top Go down
Woodtick
SSXSRider Member
Woodtick

Number of posts : 3254
Registration date : 2008-11-15

PostSubject: Re: Fallen Soldier. A devoted husband and father, and my friend.   Fallen Soldier. A devoted husband and father, and my friend. EmptySun May 09, 2010 9:31 am

I just don't know what to begin to say Chris. I know that nothing I could say could lessen this loss. Just know that he is in our thoughts and prayers as well as his family and friends. The world is now a lesser place for sure!
Back to top Go down
Hollon
SSXSRider Member
Hollon

Number of posts : 1427
Registration date : 2009-06-13

PostSubject: Re: Fallen Soldier. A devoted husband and father, and my friend.   Fallen Soldier. A devoted husband and father, and my friend. EmptySun May 09, 2010 9:38 am

A great loss to our country as well, God bless our soldiers. May he rest in peace.
Back to top Go down
Foxfire
SSXSRider Member
Foxfire

Number of posts : 6060
Registration date : 2008-04-01

PostSubject: Re: Fallen Soldier. A devoted husband and father, and my friend.   Fallen Soldier. A devoted husband and father, and my friend. EmptySun May 09, 2010 9:46 am

Man Lt......so sorry. Do not know what else to say.
Back to top Go down
2Slow4U
SSXSRider Member
2Slow4U

Number of posts : 1657
Registration date : 2009-05-18

PostSubject: Re: Fallen Soldier. A devoted husband and father, and my friend.   Fallen Soldier. A devoted husband and father, and my friend. EmptySun May 09, 2010 9:52 am

Big-R wrote:
Chris, my prayers go out for his family and yours. He was a really nice guy. I am glad and honored to have met him.

It is situation like this that really hits home and makes me appreciate you guys even more. There are no words that can express the thanks that I have for you and our military.

My God bless his family in this troubled time.

X2... very well said. Soldiers
Back to top Go down
http://www.simpletractors.com
Gimpy
SSXSRider Member
Gimpy

Number of posts : 7708
Registration date : 2009-10-01

PostSubject: Re: Fallen Soldier. A devoted husband and father, and my friend.   Fallen Soldier. A devoted husband and father, and my friend. EmptySun May 09, 2010 9:53 am

Our family will have all of you all in our thoughts and prayers.
Back to top Go down
http://lwurzel@twc.com
stealth
SSXSRider Staff
stealth

Number of posts : 2219
Registration date : 2009-07-14

PostSubject: Re: Fallen Soldier. A devoted husband and father, and my friend.   Fallen Soldier. A devoted husband and father, and my friend. EmptySun May 09, 2010 9:54 am

Soldiers Prayer
Back to top Go down
pit dog
SSXSRider Member
pit dog

Number of posts : 1380
Registration date : 2010-02-28

PostSubject: Re: Fallen Soldier. A devoted husband and father, and my friend.   Fallen Soldier. A devoted husband and father, and my friend. EmptySun May 09, 2010 3:55 pm

Sorry for the loss. And my personal thanks to all who serve!
Back to top Go down
AIRBORNE
SSXSRider Member
AIRBORNE

PostSubject: Re: Fallen Soldier. A devoted husband and father, and my friend.   Fallen Soldier. A devoted husband and father, and my friend. EmptySun May 09, 2010 5:28 pm

A picture from a camping/riding trip to LBL. We slept in my trailer and froze our butts off because we did not have any heat.
Fallen Soldier. A devoted husband and father, and my friend. BirthdayweekendatLBL002
One of Brooke and Kyle at Big Black Mountain in Evarts. He made her ride a 300 EX that day and you can see how nasty she is. She did relatively well until she flipped it on the way back. I had to jump on it and ride it back to camp while she rode in the Rhino with Melissa.
Fallen Soldier. A devoted husband and father, and my friend. BrookeandKyle

A very proud papa.
Fallen Soldier. A devoted husband and father, and my friend. KyleandKinleigh

Kyle doing what he loved.
Fallen Soldier. A devoted husband and father, and my friend. 13355_100951456595386_1000004159740
Back to top Go down
CaptMorgansgirl
SSXSRider Member
CaptMorgansgirl

Number of posts : 1573
Registration date : 2008-07-30

PostSubject: Re: Fallen Soldier. A devoted husband and father, and my friend.   Fallen Soldier. A devoted husband and father, and my friend. EmptyMon May 10, 2010 12:16 am

My thoughts and prayers go out to his family and to you and Melissa for the loss of a dear friend. Prayer Soldiers
Back to top Go down
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
wvyankee2

Number of posts : 10318

PostSubject: Re: Fallen Soldier. A devoted husband and father, and my friend.   Fallen Soldier. A devoted husband and father, and my friend. EmptyMon May 10, 2010 1:44 am

God Bless you Kyle. Prayers to the family and friends. Prayer
Back to top Go down
Rhino Rob
SSXSRider Member
Rhino Rob

Number of posts : 2577
Registration date : 2009-01-25
Location : the home of the volunteers and port st joe tiger sharks

PostSubject: Re: Fallen Soldier. A devoted husband and father, and my friend.   Fallen Soldier. A devoted husband and father, and my friend. EmptyMon May 10, 2010 5:58 am

I am so sorry that your friend has passed away. May your memories comfort you.
Back to top Go down
hillbillyrzrs
SSXSRider Member
hillbillyrzrs

Number of posts : 366
Registration date : 2008-11-11

PostSubject: Re: Fallen Soldier. A devoted husband and father, and my friend.   Fallen Soldier. A devoted husband and father, and my friend. EmptyMon May 10, 2010 8:53 am

May God bless and give his wife and family strength to face this great loss in their lives, there is no way that we can thank our servicemen and women enough for all that they do for us and our families. Our thoughts and prayers are with the family and all his friends.
Back to top Go down
AIRBORNE
SSXSRider Member
AIRBORNE

PostSubject: Re: Fallen Soldier. A devoted husband and father, and my friend.   Fallen Soldier. A devoted husband and father, and my friend. EmptyMon May 10, 2010 6:24 pm

Back to top Go down
AIRBORNE
SSXSRider Member
AIRBORNE

PostSubject: Re: Fallen Soldier. A devoted husband and father, and my friend.   Fallen Soldier. A devoted husband and father, and my friend. EmptyWed May 12, 2010 10:05 pm

Last edited by AIRBORNE on Thu May 13, 2010 6:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
wvyankee2

Number of posts : 10318

PostSubject: Re: Fallen Soldier. A devoted husband and father, and my friend.   Fallen Soldier. A devoted husband and father, and my friend. EmptyWed May 12, 2010 10:11 pm

Wow. Very nice piece. Great testimony from his wife.
Back to top Go down
AIRBORNE
SSXSRider Member
AIRBORNE

PostSubject: Re: Fallen Soldier. A devoted husband and father, and my friend.   Fallen Soldier. A devoted husband and father, and my friend. EmptyWed May 12, 2010 10:21 pm

Well, if Kyle's goal was to make an impact on only ONE life, I would say he is an overachiever of epic proportion. I feel like I am a better person for knowing him, and I will cherish all the memories we shared from 2007-2010. I cannot imagine I will ever meet a more special individual........and Kyle, I don't mean that in a "short-bus kind of special" kind of way!! I know your ass is up in heaven laughing right now. Chug
Back to top Go down
ridepate
SSXSRider Staff
ridepate

Number of posts : 6409
Registration date : 2009-04-23

PostSubject: Re: Fallen Soldier. A devoted husband and father, and my friend.   Fallen Soldier. A devoted husband and father, and my friend. EmptyWed May 12, 2010 10:23 pm

Whew................

You guys have my utmost respect to do what ya'll do....

When I see babies and wives....... It rips my heart out............ Godspeed brother Kyle..................Roost-On..........
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fallen Soldier. A devoted husband and father, and my friend.   Fallen Soldier. A devoted husband and father, and my friend. Empty

Back to top Go down

Fallen Soldier. A devoted husband and father, and my friend.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next