SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

organizing a ride in tennessee (june 19th)

Go down 
+9
MuddyBuddy
Goose
PWM
Sporto
matt2558
ridepate
Big-R
Smith700
DOG
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Sporto
SSXSRider Member
Sporto

Number of posts : 688
Registration date : 2009-07-10

organizing a ride in tennessee (june 19th) - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: organizing a ride in tennessee (june 19th)   organizing a ride in tennessee (june 19th) - Page 4 EmptyThu Jun 17, 2010 12:35 pm

Damn it! Boys, I guess I am in organizing a ride in tennessee (june 19th) - Page 4 30370 Are you all meeting at the Wal Mart that the address was given for at 9am Eastern time? I can plug that in the ol' GPS and meet you guys there. I have never been there so I don't have a clue where to go other than the addy given and following you guys to PC. If you have other ideas/plans let me know. Looking forward to meeting everyone. organizing a ride in tennessee (june 19th) - Page 4 530967
Back to top Go down
matt2558
SSXSRider Member
matt2558

Number of posts : 134
Registration date : 2009-11-12

PostSubject: Re: organizing a ride in tennessee (june 19th)   organizing a ride in tennessee (june 19th) - Page 4 EmptyThu Jun 17, 2010 2:08 pm

smith700 wrote:
RhinoRider, which map are you gonna have selected for the ride? I have an exhaust tip and a air filter on mine.....dont know if you have any performance mods like that yet.

Matt, I would go with the UNI Filter and the Hunterworks Exhaust tip, ridepate can tell you all about the exhausts.

What does doing just the exhaust tip do for performance? Quicker air flow?
Back to top Go down
matt2558
SSXSRider Member
matt2558

PostSubject: Re: organizing a ride in tennessee (june 19th)   organizing a ride in tennessee (june 19th) - Page 4 EmptyThu Jun 17, 2010 2:09 pm

Sporto wrote:
Damn it! Boys, I guess I am in organizing a ride in tennessee (june 19th) - Page 4 30370 Are you all meeting at the Wal Mart that the address was given for at 9am Eastern time? I can plug that in the ol' GPS and meet you guys there. I have never been there so I don't have a clue where to go other than the addy given and following you guys to PC. If you have other ideas/plans let me know. Looking forward to meeting everyone. organizing a ride in tennessee (june 19th) - Page 4 530967

We are in the same boat. I am having to trust the ole Garmin because I have no idea either so we will see if we make it or not. See you there, glad you can make it.
Back to top Go down
DOG
SSXSRider Member
DOG

Number of posts : 1305
Registration date : 2010-02-20

PostSubject: Re: organizing a ride in tennessee (june 19th)   organizing a ride in tennessee (june 19th) - Page 4 EmptyThu Jun 17, 2010 6:28 pm

glad you can make it i will meet you at the wally world and then we will not be more than 10 or so minutes from pc parking lot form there.
Back to top Go down
Goose
SSXSRider Member
Goose

Number of posts : 2971
Registration date : 2010-03-15

PostSubject: Re: organizing a ride in tennessee (june 19th)   organizing a ride in tennessee (june 19th) - Page 4 EmptyThu Jun 17, 2010 7:10 pm

Lookin forward to it.
Back to top Go down
matt2558
SSXSRider Member
matt2558

PostSubject: Re: organizing a ride in tennessee (june 19th)   organizing a ride in tennessee (june 19th) - Page 4 EmptyThu Jun 17, 2010 9:49 pm

Same here! Lets ride!
Back to top Go down
PWM
SSXSRider Member
PWM

Number of posts : 1082
Registration date : 2008-10-24

PostSubject: Re: organizing a ride in tennessee (june 19th)   organizing a ride in tennessee (june 19th) - Page 4 EmptyFri Jun 18, 2010 8:48 am

Directions

THIS IS A GREAT PLACE TO RIDE FOR FAMILYS OR CLUB ABOUT 75 MILE OF TRAILS AND GREAT OVER LOOK OF THE TENNESSEE.THIS PLACE IS ABOUT 10 MINUTES FROM CHATTANOOGA. ABOUT 2:30 FROM KNOXVILLE.IF YOUR CLUB EVER WANTS TO COME HERE AND RIDE OUR CLUB COULD SHOW YOU AROUND.MOST OF IT IS EASY TO LIGHT MODERATE. TWO CREEK CROSSING SO PART WOULD BE UNACCESSABLE AFTER HEAVY RAINS.GETS VERY DUSTY IN SUMMER MONTHS.ALSO CANNOT RIDE ON CERTAIN DATES IN TURKEY AND DEER SEASONS,THIS IS A SUN RISE / SUN SET RIDING AREA. 30 MIN. AFTER UNTIL 30 MIN. BEFORE. FINE $130.00
FROM KNOXVILLE AREA TAKE I-75 SOUTH TO CHATTANOOGA

GO WEST ON I-24 FOR 6.2 MILES

GO RIGHT ONTO US-27 NORTH AND GO 4.2 MILES
YOU WILL PASS THE TN AQUARIUM, AT&T FIELD AND RIVERFRONT ON YOUR RIGHT , THEN YOU WILL CROSS THE TENNESSEE RIVER, THEN TAKE THE 5TH EXIT, SIGNAL MOUNTAIN (US127N)

GO - 1.9 MILES, (YOU WILL SEE A SUPER WALMART, BURGER KING AND K-MART ) TURN LEFT ON - TN RT. 27 (SUCK CREEK ROAD)

GO 8.0 MILES AND TAKE A LEFT AT - THE PRENTICE COOPER SIGN.
(IT'S A 4 FOOT X 4 FOOT SIGN) GO 1 TENTH MILE

TURN LEFT ON - CHOCTAW TRAIL (SMALL WMA SIGN)

GO 2 TENTH MILE - TAKE NEXT LEFT TURN ON GAME PRESERVE RD

GO STRAIGHT 4 TENTHS (ROAD TURNS TO GRAVEL AFTER 1 TENTH)AND PARKING IS ON LEFT

THERE IS AN KANGAROO BP STATION JUST PAST THE BURGER KING,LAST PLACE TO GET GAS,ALSO A BI-LO ACROSS THE ROAD FROM KANGAROO.

FROM ROCKWOOD/OLIVER SPRINGS JUST COME SOUTH ON US-27 AND TAKE THE SIGNAL MOUNTAIN BLVD. EXIT AND FOLLOW THE ABOVE DIRECTIONS.

FROM GEORGIA TAKE I-75 NORTH TO 75 / 24 SPLIT TAKE I-24 WEST AND FOLLOW ABOVE DIRECTIONS FROM SPLIT

FROM ALABAMA I-59 TO I-24 EAST TO US-27 TO SIGNAL MOUNTAIN BLVD. THEN FOLLOW ABOVE DIRECTIONS.
Back to top Go down
http://cumberland-mudders.forumotion.com/index.htm
Sporto
SSXSRider Member
Sporto

Number of posts : 688
Registration date : 2009-07-10

PostSubject: Re: organizing a ride in tennessee (june 19th)   organizing a ride in tennessee (june 19th) - Page 4 EmptyFri Jun 18, 2010 10:18 am

PWM wrote:
Directions

THIS IS A GREAT PLACE TO RIDE FOR FAMILYS OR CLUB ABOUT 75 MILE OF TRAILS AND GREAT OVER LOOK OF THE TENNESSEE.THIS PLACE IS ABOUT 10 MINUTES FROM CHATTANOOGA. ABOUT 2:30 FROM KNOXVILLE.IF YOUR CLUB EVER WANTS TO COME HERE AND RIDE OUR CLUB COULD SHOW YOU AROUND.MOST OF IT IS EASY TO LIGHT MODERATE. TWO CREEK CROSSING SO PART WOULD BE UNACCESSABLE AFTER HEAVY RAINS.GETS VERY DUSTY IN SUMMER MONTHS.ALSO CANNOT RIDE ON CERTAIN DATES IN TURKEY AND DEER SEASONS,THIS IS A SUN RISE / SUN SET RIDING AREA. 30 MIN. AFTER UNTIL 30 MIN. BEFORE. FINE $130.00
FROM KNOXVILLE AREA TAKE I-75 SOUTH TO CHATTANOOGA

GO WEST ON I-24 FOR 6.2 MILES

GO RIGHT ONTO US-27 NORTH AND GO 4.2 MILES
YOU WILL PASS THE TN AQUARIUM, AT&T FIELD AND RIVERFRONT ON YOUR RIGHT , THEN YOU WILL CROSS THE TENNESSEE RIVER, THEN TAKE THE 5TH EXIT, SIGNAL MOUNTAIN (US127N)

GO - 1.9 MILES, (YOU WILL SEE A SUPER WALMART, BURGER KING AND K-MART ) TURN LEFT ON - TN RT. 27 (SUCK CREEK ROAD)

GO 8.0 MILES AND TAKE A LEFT AT - THE PRENTICE COOPER SIGN.
(IT'S A 4 FOOT X 4 FOOT SIGN) GO 1 TENTH MILE

TURN LEFT ON - CHOCTAW TRAIL (SMALL WMA SIGN)

GO 2 TENTH MILE - TAKE NEXT LEFT TURN ON GAME PRESERVE RD

GO STRAIGHT 4 TENTHS (ROAD TURNS TO GRAVEL AFTER 1 TENTH)AND PARKING IS ON LEFT

THERE IS AN KANGAROO BP STATION JUST PAST THE BURGER KING,LAST PLACE TO GET GAS,ALSO A BI-LO ACROSS THE ROAD FROM KANGAROO.

FROM ROCKWOOD/OLIVER SPRINGS JUST COME SOUTH ON US-27 AND TAKE THE SIGNAL MOUNTAIN BLVD. EXIT AND FOLLOW THE ABOVE DIRECTIONS.

FROM GEORGIA TAKE I-75 NORTH TO 75 / 24 SPLIT TAKE I-24 WEST AND FOLLOW ABOVE DIRECTIONS FROM SPLIT

FROM ALABAMA I-59 TO I-24 EAST TO US-27 TO SIGNAL MOUNTAIN BLVD. THEN FOLLOW ABOVE DIRECTIONS.

Good Info. Thanks! organizing a ride in tennessee (june 19th) - Page 4 431114 Looking forward to it.
Back to top Go down
matt2558
SSXSRider Member
matt2558

PostSubject: Re: organizing a ride in tennessee (june 19th)   organizing a ride in tennessee (june 19th) - Page 4 EmptyFri Jun 18, 2010 6:28 pm

I saw the fine for riding beyond posted hours, just confirming there is no fee to ride there, even if from out of state???
Back to top Go down
PWM
SSXSRider Member
PWM

PostSubject: Re: organizing a ride in tennessee (june 19th)   organizing a ride in tennessee (june 19th) - Page 4 EmptyFri Jun 18, 2010 8:42 pm

matt2558 wrote:
I saw the fine for riding beyond posted hours, just confirming there is no fee to ride there, even if from out of state???
No fees but anyone under the age of 18 MUST wear a helmut even in a UTV. They also run radar so 25 mph on Tower Road as well.
Back to top Go down
DOG
SSXSRider Member
DOG

PostSubject: Re: organizing a ride in tennessee (june 19th)   organizing a ride in tennessee (june 19th) - Page 4 EmptyFri Jun 18, 2010 9:39 pm

thanks pwm i was going to tell everybody in the morning about the speeding on the main road but i had not thought about helmets incase anybody brings a young person or child. are you coming up there tommorrow?
Back to top Go down
MuddyBuddy
SSXSRider Member
MuddyBuddy

Number of posts : 2085
Registration date : 2010-01-03

PostSubject: Re: organizing a ride in tennessee (june 19th)   organizing a ride in tennessee (june 19th) - Page 4 EmptySat Jun 19, 2010 12:08 am

Locked and Loaded ready to roll out early in the morning!
Back to top Go down
matt2558
SSXSRider Member
matt2558

PostSubject: Re: organizing a ride in tennessee (june 19th)   organizing a ride in tennessee (june 19th) - Page 4 EmptySat Jun 19, 2010 12:14 am

MuddyBuddy wrote:
Locked and Loaded ready to roll out early in the morning!

Same here!
Back to top Go down
DOG
SSXSRider Member
DOG

PostSubject: Re: organizing a ride in tennessee (june 19th)   organizing a ride in tennessee (june 19th) - Page 4 EmptySat Jun 19, 2010 7:08 am

i am up am getting ready here. see yall in a couple of hours
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

Number of posts : 16074
Registration date : 2008-02-26

PostSubject: Re: organizing a ride in tennessee (june 19th)   organizing a ride in tennessee (june 19th) - Page 4 EmptySat Jun 19, 2010 9:44 am

Don't you guys forget about Pics
Back to top Go down
matt2558
SSXSRider Member
matt2558

PostSubject: Re: organizing a ride in tennessee (june 19th)   organizing a ride in tennessee (june 19th) - Page 4 EmptySat Jun 19, 2010 10:58 pm

Big-R wrote:
Don't you guys forget about Pics

I got a little bit of video. I am going to try and edit it and put it all together tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
DOG
SSXSRider Member
DOG

PostSubject: Re: organizing a ride in tennessee (june 19th)   organizing a ride in tennessee (june 19th) - Page 4 EmptySun Jun 20, 2010 9:29 am

had a great time yesterday. we had a minor mechanical problem on the trail and got rained on for about 30 minuters or more during the break down but after that weather was great and we got some good riding in i think. i hope everyone enjoyed the ride and we will do it again as soon as everybody wants to make their way back up here.
Back to top Go down
MuddyBuddy
SSXSRider Member
MuddyBuddy

PostSubject: Re: organizing a ride in tennessee (june 19th)   organizing a ride in tennessee (june 19th) - Page 4 EmptySun Jun 20, 2010 11:17 am

That was one of the best rides ive ever been a part of! Had a killer time even tho i managed to knock both front tires off the rim, hey yall dared me to go through that hole! lol! Still had an amazing time and only took us a lil bit to get them back on......and one really loud redneck
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

Number of posts : 16074
Registration date : 2008-02-26

PostSubject: Re: organizing a ride in tennessee (june 19th)   organizing a ride in tennessee (june 19th) - Page 4 EmptySun Jun 20, 2010 11:20 am

MuddyBuddy wrote:
Had a killer time even tho i managed to knock both front tires off the rim..........

WTF How do you do that?????? lol!
Back to top Go down
Goose
SSXSRider Member
Goose

Number of posts : 2971
Registration date : 2010-03-15

PostSubject: Re: organizing a ride in tennessee (june 19th)   organizing a ride in tennessee (june 19th) - Page 4 EmptySun Jun 20, 2010 3:54 pm

rhinorider259 wrote:
had a great time yesterday. we had a minor mechanical problem on the trail and got rained on for about 30 minuters or more during the break down but after that weather was great and we got some good riding in i think. i hope everyone enjoyed the ride and we will do it again as soon as everybody wants to make their way back up here.
Had a great time slept well last night I was shot. Got over 400 miles on the Cat now and I am still learning how to drive it. I had my doubts on some of the rocks we climbed. Probably nothing to some but I had a little pucker going in a few spots. RR thanks again for the invite. Oh Muddy Buddy that loud Redneck saved a long slow ride back to the truck but he sure did shout alot.
Back to top Go down
MuddyBuddy
SSXSRider Member
MuddyBuddy

PostSubject: Re: organizing a ride in tennessee (june 19th)   organizing a ride in tennessee (june 19th) - Page 4 EmptySun Jun 20, 2010 6:55 pm

That he did! I am forever grateful to him!!! Goose u were a beast on that prowler made the tough stuff look easy!! R, well see there was this mudhole with a narrow exit on it that i planned on going over with the wide offset but a big rut forced me in it and my low psi just knocked the tires off the rim, when i had my locker in and i stopped moving and noticed my front tires werent spinning thats when i noticed something was up. But thank god for our new friend having a converted propane tank into an air tank gave it enough blast to fill them back up. I would love to head back out there asap with everybody plus some next time
Back to top Go down
DOG
SSXSRider Member
DOG

PostSubject: Re: organizing a ride in tennessee (june 19th)   organizing a ride in tennessee (june 19th) - Page 4 EmptySun Jun 20, 2010 7:38 pm

hey guys like i said any weekend i am off we can go again. the next weekend i am off is july 3rd so thats not really good but july 17th sould be ok if anybody is interested eventhough thats only 2 weeks from brimestone just let me know if yall are interested in a return trip then or some other time.
Back to top Go down
PWM
SSXSRider Member
PWM

PostSubject: Re: organizing a ride in tennessee (june 19th)   organizing a ride in tennessee (june 19th) - Page 4 EmptySun Jun 20, 2010 7:55 pm

rhinorider259 wrote:
thanks pwm i was going to tell everybody in the morning about the speeding on the main road but i had not thought about helmets incase anybody brings a young person or child. are you coming up there tommorrow?
I would have loved to have been there but I had a vein removed from my leg and i am letting it heal. I will be at Royal Blue this weekend with the PRC Rally. Let me know the next time you go, I will make the trip.
Back to top Go down
DOG
SSXSRider Member
DOG

PostSubject: Re: organizing a ride in tennessee (june 19th)   organizing a ride in tennessee (june 19th) - Page 4 EmptySun Jun 20, 2010 9:25 pm

ok will do pwm
Back to top Go down
AIRBORNE
SSXSRider Member
AIRBORNE

Number of posts : 6266
Registration date : 2008-05-01

PostSubject: Re: organizing a ride in tennessee (june 19th)   organizing a ride in tennessee (june 19th) - Page 4 EmptySun Jun 20, 2010 9:51 pm

Where the heck are the pics??? nopics
Back to top Go down
https://s300.photobucket.com/albums/nn28/AirborneWV/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: organizing a ride in tennessee (june 19th)   organizing a ride in tennessee (june 19th) - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

organizing a ride in tennessee (june 19th)
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next