SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Where to go?

Go down 
+3
wvyankee2
2Slow4U
BigOrange
7 posters
AuthorMessage
BigOrange
SSXSRider Member
BigOrange

Number of posts : 62
Registration date : 2009-02-26

Where to go? Empty
PostSubject: Where to go?   Where to go? EmptyThu May 13, 2010 12:49 pm

I saw the vacation post below but I am looking for a place that we can go boating, camping and riding. The three things we love to do the most. Ideally a campground on a lake with trails from the campground to go riding. Any ideas?
Back to top Go down
http://www.wvrfac.com
2Slow4U
SSXSRider Member
2Slow4U

Number of posts : 1657
Registration date : 2009-05-18

Where to go? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Where to go?   Where to go? EmptyThu May 13, 2010 1:59 pm

Look at the area in the Land Between the Lakes on the KY/TN border. I don't know of a specific place that fills all those squares but that area certainly has the potential to do so...
Back to top Go down
http://www.simpletractors.com
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
wvyankee2

Number of posts : 10319
Registration date : 2008-01-22

Where to go? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Where to go?   Where to go? EmptyThu May 13, 2010 3:19 pm

East Lynn Lake comes to mind. Not sure about the trail locations from the campground though. Here is a little info on it.

http://www.ehow.com/list_6305762_4x4-trails-west-virginia.html
Back to top Go down
Woodtick
SSXSRider Member
Woodtick

Number of posts : 3254
Registration date : 2008-11-15

Where to go? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Where to go?   Where to go? EmptyThu May 13, 2010 6:00 pm

Big Orange, a question or two if you please? My wife and I also like to camp, fish (boat), and ride. But we have never figured our how to do all three on the same trip. How on earth would you tow a camper, boat, & buggy all at the same time? Just wondering. More than one tow vehicle? Two trips? Thanks for helping me out with this. We love to ride the Wagon Wheel area but that is a four hour drive each way for us. So when we go there we need to get a cabin because I don't have the, what ever it takes, to tow tandem.
Back to top Go down
AIRBORNE
SSXSRider Member
AIRBORNE

Number of posts : 6266
Registration date : 2008-05-01

Where to go? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Where to go?   Where to go? EmptyThu May 13, 2010 6:35 pm

Land Between the Lakes is awesome. However, the riding part is not worth the 7-8 hours you will drive to get there. Great trails no doubt, but you can cover it all in a day. The lake is right there though....you can ride your SxS right up to the water. I used to ride there all the time when I was stationed at FT Campbell.
Back to top Go down
https://s300.photobucket.com/albums/nn28/AirborneWV/
BigOrange
SSXSRider Member
BigOrange

Number of posts : 62
Registration date : 2009-02-26

Where to go? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Where to go?   Where to go? EmptyThu May 13, 2010 8:40 pm

We have a toy hauler so the Ranger gets a free ride. Tom tows the camper and I tow the boat.

Forgot all about East Lynn we have camped there before but have never rode there. May need to plan a trip to ride that area. And a heck of alot closer to home.
Back to top Go down
http://www.wvrfac.com
Foxfire
SSXSRider Member
Foxfire

Number of posts : 6060
Registration date : 2008-04-01

Where to go? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Where to go?   Where to go? EmptyThu May 13, 2010 10:10 pm

BigOrange wrote:
I saw the vacation post below but I am looking for a place that we can go boating, camping and riding. The three things we love to do the most. Ideally a campground on a lake with trails from the campground to go riding. Any ideas?

Amy..........head north Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Where I ride in the UP of Michigan you can camp right on Lake Superior ....boat right from your camp and ride right from your camp. Yes you would have a number of miles in this vacation, but let me tell you, it would, will, be well worth every mile and every penny.

If you should consider this , I'll be glad to help you with directions, ect.
Back to top Go down
KY. Colonel
SSXSRider Member

Number of posts : 2144
Registration date : 2010-02-02

Where to go? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Where to go?   Where to go? EmptyWed May 19, 2010 11:38 am

KentT wrote:
Look at the area in the Land Between the Lakes on the KY/TN border. I don't know of a specific place that fills all those squares but that area certainly has the potential to do so...

Turkey Bay is the official OHV area in LBL. You can get info online. The area is great for ATV and SxS riding - gravel based trails to start leading to regular dirt /mud in the higher elevations. Lots of nearby activities and camping areas. Enjoy!

The Colonel,
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Where to go? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Where to go?   Where to go? Empty

Back to top Go down

Where to go?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
SouthernSxSRiders :: General :: General SidexSide Discussion-
Jump to: