SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Pictures of our new offroad vehicle, WAY OFFROAD!

Go down 
+12
STR8RZR
pit dog
Foxfire
CaptMorgansgirl
Big-R
JeepKuntry
wvyankee2
launch22
AIRBORNE
The Big Show
Woodtick
Mollieandgil
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Mollieandgil

Number of posts : 47
Registration date : 2010-04-30

Pictures of our new offroad vehicle, WAY OFFROAD! Empty
PostSubject: Pictures of our new offroad vehicle, WAY OFFROAD!   Pictures of our new offroad vehicle, WAY OFFROAD! EmptySun May 30, 2010 4:15 pm

Hey folks,

Picked this up yesterday, 29 May, 2010. These pictures were taken this morning, 30 May, 2010. It's a 2004 Buckeye Breeze LX, purchased with only 32.9 hours on the clock.

These are pics of me flying 1,000ft AGL (Above Ground Level).thatsright

Posing.
Pictures of our new offroad vehicle, WAY OFFROAD! BreezeLXnew

Wild blue yonder!
Pictures of our new offroad vehicle, WAY OFFROAD! DSC_0248

KY River Palisades
Pictures of our new offroad vehicle, WAY OFFROAD! DSC_0245

Looking south toward Camp Nelson, National Cemetary.
Pictures of our new offroad vehicle, WAY OFFROAD! DSC_0242

Camp Nelson National Cemetary, Memorial Day, 2010

Pictures of our new offroad vehicle, WAY OFFROAD! DSC_0188

thatsright thatsright
Back to top Go down
Woodtick
SSXSRider Member
Woodtick

Number of posts : 3254
Registration date : 2008-11-15

PostSubject: Re: Pictures of our new offroad vehicle, WAY OFFROAD!   Pictures of our new offroad vehicle, WAY OFFROAD! EmptySun May 30, 2010 4:45 pm

Ain't NO WAY you'd EVER get my big ass in something like that! No sir, not with a shoe horn and a gun! roflmao roflmao I bet it is a lot of fun if you have sac enough. I don't.
Back to top Go down
Mollieandgil

PostSubject: Re: Pictures of our new offroad vehicle, WAY OFFROAD!   Pictures of our new offroad vehicle, WAY OFFROAD! EmptySun May 30, 2010 4:55 pm

Woodtick,

You, you sir, have a way with words. You always seem to be good for a laugh.

You're right it is fun. It's the most fun that I think that I have ever had. The rhino will probably feel abandoned now. lol!
Back to top Go down
Woodtick
SSXSRider Member
Woodtick

PostSubject: Re: Pictures of our new offroad vehicle, WAY OFFROAD!   Pictures of our new offroad vehicle, WAY OFFROAD! EmptyMon May 31, 2010 2:48 pm

I enjoy getting a laugh out of folks. Enjoy your new ride pard, just BE CAREFUL, while having so much fun!
Back to top Go down
The Big Show

The Big Show

Number of posts : 196
Registration date : 2010-05-08

PostSubject: Re: Pictures of our new offroad vehicle, WAY OFFROAD!   Pictures of our new offroad vehicle, WAY OFFROAD! EmptyMon May 31, 2010 4:28 pm

I just don't think I could trust being that high up in
that thing lol!
Back to top Go down
AIRBORNE
SSXSRider Member
AIRBORNE

Number of posts : 6266
Registration date : 2008-05-01

PostSubject: Re: Pictures of our new offroad vehicle, WAY OFFROAD!   Pictures of our new offroad vehicle, WAY OFFROAD! EmptyMon May 31, 2010 4:59 pm

When can I get a ride???
Back to top Go down
https://s300.photobucket.com/albums/nn28/AirborneWV/
launch22
SSXSRider Member
launch22

Number of posts : 131
Registration date : 2010-01-08

PostSubject: Re: Pictures of our new offroad vehicle, WAY OFFROAD!   Pictures of our new offroad vehicle, WAY OFFROAD! EmptyMon May 31, 2010 5:03 pm

how much to get started? looks fun
Back to top Go down
Mollieandgil

PostSubject: Re: Pictures of our new offroad vehicle, WAY OFFROAD!   Pictures of our new offroad vehicle, WAY OFFROAD! EmptyMon May 31, 2010 5:33 pm

Hey Big Show, I understand, but these are argueably the safest aircraft ever made. The wing is a 500 square foot parachute that is already deployed.

Captain, come on down, we'll get you up in the air. You've never been under a canopy like this. You'll love it.

Launch22, you can get into a really good used single seater for around $5,000. The single seaters fall into FAR 103 regulations and you can fly them legally without a pilot's license. You could literally just get in it and go, and you'd be perfectly legal. Though I would recommend that you seek professional instruction first.

The 2-seaters require a Sport Pilot license. The license will cost around $1,200, and a good used plane will set you back about $10,000. It's a buyer's market right now. I got this one for $5,000 less than it is worth.

These things are amazing.

Gil
Back to top Go down
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
wvyankee2

Number of posts : 10318
Registration date : 2008-01-22

PostSubject: Re: Pictures of our new offroad vehicle, WAY OFFROAD!   Pictures of our new offroad vehicle, WAY OFFROAD! EmptyMon May 31, 2010 9:36 pm

cool
Back to top Go down
JeepKuntry

JeepKuntry

Number of posts : 104
Registration date : 2010-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Pictures of our new offroad vehicle, WAY OFFROAD!   Pictures of our new offroad vehicle, WAY OFFROAD! EmptyTue Jun 01, 2010 8:29 am

I'd kill myself. I've tried a couple of the computer aviation games and I can't land worth a darn!
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

Number of posts : 16074
Registration date : 2008-02-26

PostSubject: Re: Pictures of our new offroad vehicle, WAY OFFROAD!   Pictures of our new offroad vehicle, WAY OFFROAD! EmptyTue Jun 01, 2010 9:04 am

Looks like a lot of fun. Congrats on the new....... Ride??? or plane???..... Flying side by side???? Someone help me out here.
Back to top Go down
AIRBORNE
SSXSRider Member
AIRBORNE

Number of posts : 6266
Registration date : 2008-05-01

PostSubject: Re: Pictures of our new offroad vehicle, WAY OFFROAD!   Pictures of our new offroad vehicle, WAY OFFROAD! EmptyTue Jun 01, 2010 11:34 am

Mollieandgil wrote:

Captain, come on down, we'll get you up in the air. You've never been under a canopy like this. You'll love it.

Gil

Would love to. I will be moving to Elizabethtown, Ky in mid-July. I have a good buddy down in Richmond that I need to go visit.
Back to top Go down
https://s300.photobucket.com/albums/nn28/AirborneWV/
CaptMorgansgirl
SSXSRider Member
CaptMorgansgirl

Number of posts : 1573
Registration date : 2008-07-30

PostSubject: Re: Pictures of our new offroad vehicle, WAY OFFROAD!   Pictures of our new offroad vehicle, WAY OFFROAD! EmptyTue Jun 01, 2010 9:30 pm

cool
Back to top Go down
Mollieandgil

PostSubject: Re: Pictures of our new offroad vehicle, WAY OFFROAD!   Pictures of our new offroad vehicle, WAY OFFROAD! EmptySun Dec 16, 2012 10:06 pm

I know this is an old thread, but hey Capt, the invite is still open, for you and everyone else too. We now have 2. My wife has her license and her own aircraft.

Back to top Go down
Foxfire
SSXSRider Member
Foxfire

Number of posts : 6060
Registration date : 2008-04-01

PostSubject: Re: Pictures of our new offroad vehicle, WAY OFFROAD!   Pictures of our new offroad vehicle, WAY OFFROAD! EmptySun Dec 16, 2012 10:13 pm

Hey Chris......that sucker sure beats the snot out of the old T10, huh?
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

Number of posts : 16074
Registration date : 2008-02-26

PostSubject: Re: Pictures of our new offroad vehicle, WAY OFFROAD!   Pictures of our new offroad vehicle, WAY OFFROAD! EmptyMon Dec 17, 2012 7:48 pm

Man that is really cool!!!!
Back to top Go down
pit dog
SSXSRider Member
pit dog

Number of posts : 1380
Registration date : 2010-02-28

PostSubject: Re: Pictures of our new offroad vehicle, WAY OFFROAD!   Pictures of our new offroad vehicle, WAY OFFROAD! EmptyMon Dec 17, 2012 11:45 pm

Nice.
Back to top Go down
STR8RZR
SSXSRider Staff
STR8RZR

Number of posts : 896
Registration date : 2012-06-13

PostSubject: Re: Pictures of our new offroad vehicle, WAY OFFROAD!   Pictures of our new offroad vehicle, WAY OFFROAD! EmptyTue Dec 18, 2012 1:36 am

Killer view. Does look like like fun if u have the brass to do it. I live about 5 miles sout of Camp Nelson and I see these flying over that area pretty often. Is there any particular reason why they are a lot in that area? Is there a club or something around nicholasville, just the scenery, good place to take off and land? Or am I just crazy and just happen to notice the ones in that area? Just curious is only reason for asking.
Back to top Go down
Rhino Rob
SSXSRider Member
Rhino Rob

Number of posts : 2577
Registration date : 2009-01-25
Location : the home of the volunteers and port st joe tiger sharks

PostSubject: Re: Pictures of our new offroad vehicle, WAY OFFROAD!   Pictures of our new offroad vehicle, WAY OFFROAD! EmptyTue Dec 18, 2012 5:56 am

perfect10
Back to top Go down
Mollieandgil

PostSubject: Re: Pictures of our new offroad vehicle, WAY OFFROAD!   Pictures of our new offroad vehicle, WAY OFFROAD! EmptyTue Dec 18, 2012 8:21 pm

STR8RZR wrote:
Killer view. Does look like like fun if u have the brass to do it. I live about 5 miles sout of Camp Nelson and I see these flying over that area pretty often. Is there any particular reason why they are a lot in that area? Is there a club or something around nicholasville, just the scenery, good place to take off and land? Or am I just crazy and just happen to notice the ones in that area? Just curious is only reason for asking.

In the video we are taking off from Ron Eldridge's place. It's about 1 mile south of R.J. Corman's on US 27. Yes, it's us that you see all the time. I have 2 close friends that live in Lexington and Mollie and I live in Richmond. We sometimes fly here, in Richmond, sometimes Lexington, sometimes Ron's place in Nicholasville. We just go back and forth that way they aren't always trailering to Richmond to fly with us, and we aren't always trailering to Lex or Nich to fly with them.

And yes, the pallisades are beautiful. If you'd like to take a ride with us, that's easily arranged. I'll be off work the entire week of Christmas and the entire week of New Year's. We are planning to fly from Ron's the Saturday and Sunday before Christmas. There will be 5 of us. You'll have a great time and meet some great people.

There are other videos that I have on YouTube from other places that we fly from, Talon Winery in Lexington, private farms in Richmond, Ohio, and Tenn. Check em' out.

Come fly with us. You'll be buying one! BTW, hopefully this spring I'll be an FAA Certified Flight Instructor, so I'll be able to train you.

Gil
Back to top Go down
Mollieandgil

PostSubject: Re: Pictures of our new offroad vehicle, WAY OFFROAD!   Pictures of our new offroad vehicle, WAY OFFROAD! EmptyTue Dec 18, 2012 8:27 pm

Here's a takeoff. You can see in these videos that I have changed my wing. The new one of course is red and white, but it is also a high performance wing. The original wing was not high performance. Look how fast it climbs. 900 feet per minute!!!

Back to top Go down
Mollieandgil

PostSubject: Re: Pictures of our new offroad vehicle, WAY OFFROAD!   Pictures of our new offroad vehicle, WAY OFFROAD! EmptyTue Dec 18, 2012 8:33 pm

This is me flying Mollie's powered parachute. I simply had my camera hanging from its strap around my neck. The camera was laying against my chest. This is the view, wide open and unobstructed. In this video you can see a landing from the pilot's (me) perspective. The landing was as smooth as silk, but the hay field is a bit rough. The lake is Herrington Lake between Bryant's Camp and Gwinn Island. The road I think is 34 going from Garrard County crossing the lake into Boyle County. Oh yeah, my hand it on the throttle, and the reason my hand is on the throttle is because the Push To Talk button is on the throttle and I'm talking with the other 2 guys that I'm flying with.

You can see Steve land way out in front of me, and the Mike comes in after I do.

Gil

Back to top Go down
Woodtick
SSXSRider Member
Woodtick

PostSubject: Re: Pictures of our new offroad vehicle, WAY OFFROAD!   Pictures of our new offroad vehicle, WAY OFFROAD! EmptyTue Dec 18, 2012 8:43 pm

Man that is way cool. But if I lived to return to earth, I fear that seat would need a good pressure washing before anyone else would want to fly it! Pictures of our new offroad vehicle, WAY OFFROAD! 13435 Pictures of our new offroad vehicle, WAY OFFROAD! 13435 Pictures of our new offroad vehicle, WAY OFFROAD! 13435
Back to top Go down
Mollieandgil

PostSubject: Re: Pictures of our new offroad vehicle, WAY OFFROAD!   Pictures of our new offroad vehicle, WAY OFFROAD! EmptyTue Dec 18, 2012 8:46 pm

Here is one of me flying Steve's. It's just a short video of the Ky River Pallisades about a mile west of Camp Nelson. The morning was beatiful; you can still see the fog over the river.

Gil
Back to top Go down
STR8RZR
SSXSRider Staff
STR8RZR

Number of posts : 896
Registration date : 2012-06-13

PostSubject: Re: Pictures of our new offroad vehicle, WAY OFFROAD!   Pictures of our new offroad vehicle, WAY OFFROAD! EmptyWed Dec 19, 2012 1:16 am

[/quote]

In the video we are taking off from Ron Eldridge's place. It's about 1 mile south of R.J. Corman's on US 27. Yes, it's us that you see all the time. I have 2 close friends that live in Lexington and Mollie and I live in Richmond. We sometimes fly here, in Richmond, sometimes Lexington, sometimes Ron's place in Nicholasville. We just go back and forth that way they aren't always trailering to Richmond to fly with us, and we aren't always trailering to Lex or Nich to fly with them.

And yes, the pallisades are beautiful. If you'd like to take a ride with us, that's easily arranged. I'll be off work the entire week of Christmas and the entire week of New Year's. We are planning to fly from Ron's the Saturday and Sunday before Christmas. There will be 5 of us. You'll have a great time and meet some great people.

There are other videos that I have on YouTube from other places that we fly from, Talon Winery in Lexington, private farms in Richmond, Ohio, and Tenn. Check em' out.

Come fly with us. You'll be buying one! BTW, hopefully this spring I'll be an FAA Certified Flight Instructor, so I'll be able to train you.

Gil[/quote]

I appreciate the offer. It does look like a lot of fun and is some beautiful scenery for sure. To be honest wit u tho Idk if I go up or not. If the offers still good after it warms up ill definitely ride up and meet u all and check it out. U all be careful and have fun.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pictures of our new offroad vehicle, WAY OFFROAD!   Pictures of our new offroad vehicle, WAY OFFROAD! Empty

Back to top Go down

Pictures of our new offroad vehicle, WAY OFFROAD!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next