SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Fox Podium Shocks up-grade

Go down 
+10
RedNeckRanger
AIRBORNE
smoothride
Smith700
wvyankee2
Big-R
Foxfire
ridepate
cajuncoot
Clayboy
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Clayboy
SSXSRider Member
Clayboy

Number of posts : 1861
Registration date : 2008-01-22

Fox Podium Shocks up-grade Empty
PostSubject: Fox Podium Shocks up-grade   Fox Podium Shocks up-grade EmptyMon Jun 07, 2010 12:27 pm

When I installed a lift on my RZR-S the ride quality went out the window. I had loosened the pre-load till they were loose enough to shake with my hands and still too stiff. Many of us have been working on this issue and new high dollar shocks seemed to be the only answer.
Then I met Tim with Custom Suspension and all that story changed. He first started with a re-valve on the Foxes and that helped tremendously, but we came to a point that my stock springs and bump rubbers were being too inconsistent and un-predictable. He ordered a slightly different rated springs and bump rubbers and really sweetend the ride.
The best part of working with Tim and Custom Suspension is that they ride the same style of trails that we do. They are not a California company building shocks for the sand dunes. My buggy has been finely tunned for the rocky, muddy, off-camber stuff that I love.
I will have to snap a few pix when I get it cleaned up in a day or so. Slightly new look, but an unbelieveable smooth ride! Thanks guys!
Back to top Go down
cajuncoot
SSXSRider Member
cajuncoot

Number of posts : 3773
Registration date : 2008-03-25

PostSubject: Re: Fox Podium Shocks up-grade   Fox Podium Shocks up-grade EmptyMon Jun 07, 2010 12:36 pm

great hope you are happy and better handling is always good news !!
Back to top Go down
ridepate
SSXSRider Staff
ridepate

Number of posts : 6409
Registration date : 2009-04-23

PostSubject: Re: Fox Podium Shocks up-grade   Fox Podium Shocks up-grade EmptyMon Jun 07, 2010 1:41 pm

Good info Clay!!
Back to top Go down
Foxfire
SSXSRider Member
Foxfire

Number of posts : 6060
Registration date : 2008-04-01

PostSubject: Re: Fox Podium Shocks up-grade   Fox Podium Shocks up-grade EmptyMon Jun 07, 2010 6:13 pm

Clay.....is this guy only working on the RZR shocks?? I ask because I am going to do something with the shocks/springs on the Prowler. Let me know please? Thank you!
Back to top Go down
Clayboy
SSXSRider Member
Clayboy

PostSubject: Re: Fox Podium Shocks up-grade   Fox Podium Shocks up-grade EmptyTue Jun 08, 2010 4:01 am

Foxfire wrote:
Clay.....is this guy only working on the RZR shocks?? I ask because I am going to do something with the shocks/springs on the Prowler. Let me know please? Thank you!

I'll just give you his # so you can ask him direct. allright
Back to top Go down
Clayboy
SSXSRider Member
Clayboy

PostSubject: Re: Fox Podium Shocks up-grade   Fox Podium Shocks up-grade EmptyTue Jun 08, 2010 4:35 am

Some interesting pix I snapped during the testing and rebuild. First picture the shock is on the spring dyno.

Fox Podium Shocks up-grade 2010_035

Next the shock only goes on the shock dyno.

Fox Podium Shocks up-grade 2010_036

All these little pieces make the magic happen!

Fox Podium Shocks up-grade 2010_037
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

Number of posts : 16074
Registration date : 2008-02-26

PostSubject: Re: Fox Podium Shocks up-grade   Fox Podium Shocks up-grade EmptyTue Jun 08, 2010 11:31 am

Yeah, I am going to find out what he knows about Walker. I hope he gets to know him well!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Foxfire
SSXSRider Member
Foxfire

Number of posts : 6060
Registration date : 2008-04-01

PostSubject: Re: Fox Podium Shocks up-grade   Fox Podium Shocks up-grade EmptyTue Jun 08, 2010 11:38 am

Clayboy wrote:
Foxfire wrote:

I'll just give you his # so you can ask him direct. allright

Thanks Clay Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

PostSubject: Re: Fox Podium Shocks up-grade   Fox Podium Shocks up-grade EmptyMon Jun 14, 2010 6:56 pm

I now understand how shocks work!!!! Tim, Clay and myself work on my shocks all day yesterday. Man it was worth every penny!!!!! Thinks Tim...... you the man.

Also a big thanks to Clayboy for all the hard work.

My springs are being shipped tomorrow for the exchange. I can't wait for the next ride.
Back to top Go down
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
wvyankee2

Number of posts : 10319

PostSubject: Re: Fox Podium Shocks up-grade   Fox Podium Shocks up-grade EmptyMon Jun 14, 2010 7:45 pm

There is nothing like Custom. thatsright cool
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

PostSubject: Re: Fox Podium Shocks up-grade   Fox Podium Shocks up-grade EmptyMon Jun 14, 2010 9:43 pm

Oh by the way, Tim works on any re-build-able shock. I have the Walkers not Foxes.
Back to top Go down
Smith700
SSXSRider Member

Number of posts : 2713
Registration date : 2009-08-21

PostSubject: Re: Fox Podium Shocks up-grade   Fox Podium Shocks up-grade EmptyTue Jun 15, 2010 12:08 am

Can he rebuild the sport rezzie shocks???
Back to top Go down
Clayboy
SSXSRider Member
Clayboy

PostSubject: Re: Fox Podium Shocks up-grade   Fox Podium Shocks up-grade EmptyTue Jun 15, 2010 5:10 am

smith700 wrote:
Can he rebuild the sport rezzie shocks???

Yep! He can work on any re-buildable shock. All aftermarket shocks that I have seen are tuned for high-speed performance. We need a different set-up for the types of trails in this region.
Back to top Go down
smoothride
SSXSRider Member
smoothride

Number of posts : 56
Registration date : 2010-06-14

PostSubject: Re: Fox Podium Shocks up-grade   Fox Podium Shocks up-grade EmptyTue Jun 15, 2010 6:49 am

This is Tim with Custom Suspension if you have any questions call me at 1-423-863-0286
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

PostSubject: Re: Fox Podium Shocks up-grade   Fox Podium Shocks up-grade EmptyTue Jun 15, 2010 8:19 am

smoothride wrote:
This is Tim with Custom Suspension if you have any questions call me at 1-423-863-0286

I thought that was you. Welcome to the site.
Back to top Go down
Clayboy
SSXSRider Member
Clayboy

PostSubject: Re: Fox Podium Shocks up-grade   Fox Podium Shocks up-grade EmptyTue Jun 15, 2010 12:47 pm

smoothride wrote:

Welcome Tim!!!! Glad you are here to take care of the suspension questions!

Big-R, aint he supposed to be orange?
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

PostSubject: Re: Fox Podium Shocks up-grade   Fox Podium Shocks up-grade EmptyTue Jun 15, 2010 1:10 pm

Clayboy wrote:
smoothride wrote:

Welcome Tim!!!! Glad you are here to take care of the suspension questions!

Big-R, aint he supposed to be orange?

Yes he is. However, he slipped in here undetected......
Back to top Go down
smoothride
SSXSRider Member
smoothride

PostSubject: Re: Fox Podium Shocks up-grade   Fox Podium Shocks up-grade EmptyTue Jun 15, 2010 1:23 pm

Yea but it was smooth lol!
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

PostSubject: Re: Fox Podium Shocks up-grade   Fox Podium Shocks up-grade EmptyTue Jun 15, 2010 4:16 pm

smoothride wrote:
Yea but it was smooth lol!

lol! thatsright thatsright
Back to top Go down
AIRBORNE
SSXSRider Member
AIRBORNE

Number of posts : 6266
Registration date : 2008-05-01

PostSubject: Re: Fox Podium Shocks up-grade   Fox Podium Shocks up-grade EmptyTue Jun 15, 2010 5:22 pm

Welcome Tim! It was great to meet you at Windrock. Looking forward to coming to see you very soon.
Back to top Go down
https://s300.photobucket.com/albums/nn28/AirborneWV/
RedNeckRanger
SSXSRider Member
RedNeckRanger

Number of posts : 946
Registration date : 2009-06-03

PostSubject: Re: Fox Podium Shocks up-grade   Fox Podium Shocks up-grade EmptyTue Jun 15, 2010 8:59 pm

smoothride wrote:

what part of the country r u in?
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

PostSubject: Re: Fox Podium Shocks up-grade   Fox Podium Shocks up-grade EmptyTue Jun 15, 2010 9:02 pm

RedNeckRanger wrote:
smoothride wrote:

what part of the country r u in?

He is in eastern KY near Slade.
Back to top Go down
samiam
SSXSRider Member
samiam

Number of posts : 849
Registration date : 2010-02-16

PostSubject: Re: Fox Podium Shocks up-grade   Fox Podium Shocks up-grade EmptySun Jun 20, 2010 9:23 am

This story relates:
Pulled out of camp yesterday morning and rode a couple of miles and was waiting on some more to join the group. My rzr was sitting with no one in it when the back shock spring explodes. Mr. Smoothride himself happened to be on the ride who had a stock shock and spring back at camp. 30 minutes later I'm on the trail and had a great day of riding. He also worked on my stock set-up that really helped the ride. Later in the day I got a chance to ride a rzr that had the the shock up- grade and WOW what a difference.
Tim has my vote for Hometown Hero. Thanks Mr. Smoothride and you will be getting my buisiness real soon.
Back to top Go down
smoothride
SSXSRider Member
smoothride

PostSubject: Re: Fox Podium Shocks up-grade   Fox Podium Shocks up-grade EmptySun Jun 20, 2010 10:16 am

Thanks sam
it sure was a fun weekend it is hard to say what was more fun the ride ,
getting to meet everyone and playing with there machines
or the FOOD wow between MR.P barbecue with the trimmings for supper on the first night then wake up for a full breakfast go ride then Clark pulls out the PEPPERS and Clark and Brian start deep frying turkeys it was a good weekend
special thanks has to go Tim Moore for more than 1 reason if you have not rode with his son Tyler you need to all day pass him spin him out wonder where he gets that from lol
Thanks to Shon he goes on vacation so i sorted stold his 4 seater and rode it all weekend cant wait till he gets to ride it again with the new suspension we got on it after Moore turns it purple and adds the doors
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

PostSubject: Re: Fox Podium Shocks up-grade   Fox Podium Shocks up-grade EmptySun Jun 20, 2010 10:16 am

samiam wrote:
This story relates:
Pulled out of camp yesterday morning and rode a couple of miles and was waiting on some more to join the group. My rzr was sitting with no one in it when the back shock spring explodes. Mr. Smoothride himself happened to be on the ride who had a stock shock and spring back at camp. 30 minutes later I'm on the trail and had a great day of riding. He also worked on my stock set-up that really helped the ride. Later in the day I got a chance to ride a rzr that had the the shock up- grade and WOW what a difference.
Tim has my vote for Hometown Hero. Thanks Mr. Smoothride and you will be getting my buisiness real soon.

clap I do believe that we are going to hear about many people that are happy with Tim's work!!!!

I am glad he had a shock with him and your day was not over.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fox Podium Shocks up-grade   Fox Podium Shocks up-grade Empty

Back to top Go down

Fox Podium Shocks up-grade
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next