SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Land between the lakes opinions?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Ryanscat

Ryanscat

Number of posts : 60
Registration date : 2009-07-20

Land between the lakes opinions? Empty
PostSubject: Land between the lakes opinions?   Land between the lakes opinions? EmptySat Jun 12, 2010 8:58 pm

Anyone ride there? Whats your opinion of the riding/camping? Prices? THanks
Back to top Go down
AIRBORNE
SSXSRider Member
AIRBORNE

Number of posts : 6266
Registration date : 2008-05-01

PostSubject: Re: Land between the lakes opinions?   Land between the lakes opinions? EmptySat Jun 12, 2010 10:14 pm

Ridden there many times. From London, I would say you are very close to some of the best riding around, but LBL is a good place to ride. Trails vary from very easy to double black- diamond difficult. Camping is cheap, and in the summer you can ride right along the edge of the lake and swim if you want.
Back to top Go down
https://s300.photobucket.com/albums/nn28/AirborneWV/
rhinomikey

rhinomikey

Number of posts : 88
Registration date : 2008-04-20

PostSubject: Re: Land between the lakes opinions?   Land between the lakes opinions? EmptySat Jun 12, 2010 10:39 pm

I have been there once for the first time this memorial day, I will be back! Some friends camped all weekend, we just rode up for the day and then came home, had I know how much we were gonna enjoy it I would have made arrangements to camp all weeked with my friends. I would recommend it for anyone who has not been there especially if it is relatively close to your location.
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

Number of posts : 16074
Registration date : 2008-02-26

PostSubject: Re: Land between the lakes opinions?   Land between the lakes opinions? EmptySun Jun 13, 2010 8:22 am

rhinomikey wrote:
........ I would recommend it for anyone who has not been there especially if it is relatively close to your location.

I would say it is a good hike from London KY. I know it is about four hours from Louisville KY.
Back to top Go down
Ryanscat

Ryanscat

PostSubject: Re: Land between the lakes opinions?   Land between the lakes opinions? EmptySun Jun 13, 2010 11:46 am

Big-R wrote:
rhinomikey wrote:
........ I would recommend it for anyone who has not been there especially if it is relatively close to your location.

I would say it is a good hike from London KY. I know it is about four hours from Louisville KY.

Thats kinda what I thought but the wife is a little sick of just camping/riding, she feels the need to add swimming and wants to camp near a lake preferably with a beach. Women! She thinks cause she pays for everything she should have some say, sheesh. lol!
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

Number of posts : 16074
Registration date : 2008-02-26

PostSubject: Re: Land between the lakes opinions?   Land between the lakes opinions? EmptyMon Jun 14, 2010 12:06 am

Ryanscat wrote:
Big-R wrote:
rhinomikey wrote:

Thats kinda what I thought but the wife is a little sick of just camping/riding, she feels the need to add swimming and wants to camp near a lake preferably with a beach. Women! She thinks cause she pays for everything she should have some say, sheesh. lol!

roflmao roflmao thatsright thatsright ownedsm
Back to top Go down
KY. Colonel
SSXSRider Member

Number of posts : 2144
Registration date : 2010-02-02

PostSubject: Re: Land between the lakes opinions?   Land between the lakes opinions? EmptyThu Jun 24, 2010 2:05 pm

Great camping and amazing sight seeing - go down the road from the camping area and you'll be smack dab in the middle of large herd of elk and buffalo! I love this place! and don't forget the fishing gear. LBL is better riding for sxs and atv's than dirt bikes due to the amount of large gravel in the beach area. Have fun!!

The Colonel,
Back to top Go down
Ryanscat

Ryanscat

PostSubject: Re: Land between the lakes opinions?   Land between the lakes opinions? EmptySat Jul 10, 2010 12:56 am

KY. Colonel wrote:
Great camping and amazing sight seeing - go down the road from the camping area and you'll be smack dab in the middle of large herd of elk and buffalo! I love this place! and don't forget the fishing gear. LBL is better riding for sxs and atv's than dirt bikes due to the amount of large gravel in the beach area. Have fun!!

The Colonel,
Thanks for the input, we'll be heading there tuesday!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Land between the lakes opinions?   Land between the lakes opinions? Empty

Back to top Go down

Land between the lakes opinions?
Page 1 of 1