SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Transmission problems

Go down 
+2
AIRBORNE
sstandefer
6 posters
AuthorMessage
sstandefer
SSXSRider Member
sstandefer

Number of posts : 109
Registration date : 2008-12-08

Transmission problems Empty
PostSubject: Transmission problems   Transmission problems EmptyTue Jun 22, 2010 8:09 pm

Took a little ride yesterday and my transmission locked up on my '09 RZR it had started making a whining sound and about 1/4 mile locked up came to sliding stop on a gravel road. Anyone have a similar problem? I just left a my local dealer. Sure glad I bought extended warranty
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Transmission problems   Transmission problems EmptyTue Jun 22, 2010 9:22 pm

hate to hear that man but at least you didn't wreck
Back to top Go down
AIRBORNE
SSXSRider Member
AIRBORNE

Number of posts : 6266
Registration date : 2008-05-01

PostSubject: Re: Transmission problems   Transmission problems EmptyTue Jun 22, 2010 9:50 pm

I have heard of a couple people over on RZR Forums that this happened to. I am not sure of the cause, but I am pretty sure that theirs was covered by warranty (if memory serves me right).
Back to top Go down
https://s300.photobucket.com/albums/nn28/AirborneWV/
ridepate
SSXSRider Staff
ridepate

Number of posts : 6409
Registration date : 2009-04-23

PostSubject: Re: Transmission problems   Transmission problems EmptyTue Jun 22, 2010 11:15 pm

Seen it too at PRC. A bolt or pin comes loose in the diff. Usually busts the case.
Back to top Go down
rzr hater

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2011-07-14

PostSubject: Re: Transmission problems   Transmission problems EmptyThu Jul 14, 2011 3:04 pm

AIRBORNE wrote:
I have heard of a couple people over on RZR Forums that this happened to. I am not sure of the cause, but I am pretty sure that theirs was covered by warranty (if memory serves me right).
i had bought a 2010 rzr s from yamaha and less than 20 days later i had to take it back because of motor knocking and clutch was slipping and warranty didnt cover it what to do?
Back to top Go down
bush
SSXSRider Staff
bush

Number of posts : 6141
Registration date : 2008-06-06

PostSubject: Re: Transmission problems   Transmission problems EmptyThu Jul 14, 2011 3:53 pm

have you checked the belt??

does the motor run??
does it shift throught the gears?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/bushrhino
nocerisdave
SSXSRider Member
nocerisdave

Number of posts : 5674
Registration date : 2008-01-22

PostSubject: Re: Transmission problems   Transmission problems EmptyThu Jul 14, 2011 9:59 pm

rzr hater wrote:
AIRBORNE wrote:
i had bought a 2010 rzr s from yamaha and less than 20 days later i had to take it back because of motor knocking and clutch was slipping and warranty didnt cover it what to do?

If your dealer is saying this.....find another dealer. Your not limited to the place of purchase.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Transmission problems   Transmission problems Empty

Back to top Go down

Transmission problems
Page 1 of 1