SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

A little problem in the Rhino/Solution found? Your thoughts please.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Woodtick
SSXSRider Member
Woodtick

Number of posts : 3254
Registration date : 2008-11-15

A little problem in the Rhino/Solution found? Your thoughts please. Empty
PostSubject: A little problem in the Rhino/Solution found? Your thoughts please.   A little problem in the Rhino/Solution found? Your thoughts please. EmptySat Jul 10, 2010 11:03 am

Like many others, I have one of those plastic dry boxes full of tools and other items a guy might need while on a ride, stored under the drivers seat. During my big clean up the other day, I removed the box only to find some rust under it. Light rust, but rust none the less. What I'm thinking is that muddy water get in from underneath and some of the dirt stays after the water drains out. With the box sliding around on that dirt, it has a sanding like effect and some of the paint has been removed, hence the rust. So, I bought a rubber bath mat at Wally World and cut it to fit the floor of that compartment. It won't slide, and if the box slides on the mat it won't hurt anything. Your thoughts please. Thanks guys.
Back to top Go down
Clayboy
SSXSRider Member
Clayboy

Number of posts : 1861
Registration date : 2008-01-22

PostSubject: Re: A little problem in the Rhino/Solution found? Your thoughts please.   A little problem in the Rhino/Solution found? Your thoughts please. EmptySat Jul 10, 2010 12:08 pm

Rubber mat should do fine but you will want to check on it from time to time. A couple coats of bedliner stuff might do the trick too! allright
Back to top Go down
Goose
SSXSRider Member
Goose

Number of posts : 2971
Registration date : 2010-03-15

PostSubject: Re: A little problem in the Rhino/Solution found? Your thoughts please.   A little problem in the Rhino/Solution found? Your thoughts please. EmptySat Jul 10, 2010 12:14 pm

Clayboy wrote:
Rubber mat should do fine but you will want to check on it from time to time. A couple coats of bedliner stuff might do the trick too! allright
Roger that!!!
Back to top Go down
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
wvyankee2

Number of posts : 10319
Registration date : 2008-01-22

PostSubject: Re: A little problem in the Rhino/Solution found? Your thoughts please.   A little problem in the Rhino/Solution found? Your thoughts please. EmptySat Jul 10, 2010 3:49 pm

Clayboy wrote:

A couple coats of bedliner stuff might do the trick too! allright

Great idea!. cheers
Back to top Go down
Mud-and-Guts
SSXSRider Member
Mud-and-Guts

Number of posts : 1839
Registration date : 2008-09-22

PostSubject: Re: A little problem in the Rhino/Solution found? Your thoughts please.   A little problem in the Rhino/Solution found? Your thoughts please. EmptySat Jul 10, 2010 4:37 pm

wvyankee2 wrote:
Clayboy wrote:

A couple coats of bedliner stuff might do the trick too! allright

Great idea!. cheers

X4

That stuff is awesome I coated the bed of my rhino shortly after purchase almost two years ago and it still looks great. I have been considering removing my skids and coating the top of them with a bed coating to minimize the vibrating..

Back to top Go down
http://www.mudandgutsoffroad.org/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A little problem in the Rhino/Solution found? Your thoughts please.   A little problem in the Rhino/Solution found? Your thoughts please. Empty

Back to top Go down

A little problem in the Rhino/Solution found? Your thoughts please.
Page 1 of 1