SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Hatfeild trail colors vs Brimstone

Go down 
+4
Big-R
Smith700
hillbillyrzrs
Dreth
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Dreth

Number of posts : 346
Registration date : 2008-03-29

Hatfeild trail colors vs Brimstone Empty
PostSubject: Hatfeild trail colors vs Brimstone   Hatfeild trail colors vs Brimstone EmptySun Jul 18, 2010 11:59 am

1st off Thanks to Airbourne for his info on my rhino. Chris, my heart is fine, just stress.

Now, to those of you who have ridden hatfeilds rockhouse trails and brimstone trails my question to you is this.......
color for color which system is harder? example: would you say that the hatfeild black trails are harder or easier than brimstones red trails?
We are headed up to the rockhouse trails in late august but we will all be on sport quads (leaving the rhino at home this trip) and are curious as to how many trails we will be able to ride. I rode there 5 yrs ago and found their blue trails to be like brimstones green trails. If we can ride the black trails it wil open up more options for us to not ride the same trails twice. Any help is appreciated.
Also, if you know of any trail #s that are EXTREMELY ROCKY so we can avoid them also. A couple of the riders coming have ZERO experience in mountain riding so they will not want to slam their bikes into the rocks.

Thanks
Back to top Go down
hillbillyrzrs
SSXSRider Member
hillbillyrzrs

Number of posts : 366
Registration date : 2008-11-11

PostSubject: Re: Hatfeild trail colors vs Brimstone   Hatfeild trail colors vs Brimstone EmptySun Jul 18, 2010 2:55 pm

I would say with all the rain that we have had here might make the black trails a little worse that usual. I have had a 42wheeler down 94 and 93 and it wasn't all that bad but that was a few years ago. When are you coming down and I will try and find out from my buddies at the trail system on the condition of the trails.
Back to top Go down
Smith700
SSXSRider Member

Number of posts : 2713
Registration date : 2009-08-21

PostSubject: Re: Hatfeild trail colors vs Brimstone   Hatfeild trail colors vs Brimstone EmptySun Jul 18, 2010 3:00 pm

75Y, 89Y, 95Y.
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

Number of posts : 16074
Registration date : 2008-02-26

PostSubject: Re: Hatfeild trail colors vs Brimstone   Hatfeild trail colors vs Brimstone EmptySun Jul 18, 2010 4:21 pm

smith700 wrote:
75Y, 89Y, 95Y.

He is asking for trails at H/M not Brimstone.
Back to top Go down
Smith700
SSXSRider Member

Number of posts : 2713
Registration date : 2009-08-21

PostSubject: Re: Hatfeild trail colors vs Brimstone   Hatfeild trail colors vs Brimstone EmptySun Jul 18, 2010 4:33 pm

Oops, please disregard my previous post. I misunderstood your question Dreth.
Back to top Go down
BIG D 57
SSXSRider Member
BIG D 57

Number of posts : 2087
Registration date : 2010-01-05

PostSubject: Re: Hatfeild trail colors vs Brimstone   Hatfeild trail colors vs Brimstone EmptySun Jul 18, 2010 8:58 pm

rode there last summer,some very rocky trails, the blue trails, we saw some bikes towed out with broken chains, black trails were not that bad, rocky, we liked ROCKHOUSE ALOT!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Dreth

PostSubject: Re: Hatfeild trail colors vs Brimstone   Hatfeild trail colors vs Brimstone EmptySun Jul 18, 2010 10:16 pm

BIG D 57 wrote:
rode there last summer,some very rocky trails, the blue trails, we saw some bikes towed out with broken chains, black trails were not that bad, rocky, we liked ROCKHOUSE ALOT!!!!!!!!

So you are saying that the blue trails were or are very rocky? The blacks are suppost to be harder?? Do you remember the trail #s
Back to top Go down
AIRBORNE
SSXSRider Member
AIRBORNE

Number of posts : 6266
Registration date : 2008-05-01

PostSubject: Re: Hatfeild trail colors vs Brimstone   Hatfeild trail colors vs Brimstone EmptySun Jul 18, 2010 10:32 pm

Glad to hear you are okay pal!! I cannot comment on H/M trails...never ridden them.
Back to top Go down
https://s300.photobucket.com/albums/nn28/AirborneWV/
roamerr
SSXSRider Member
roamerr

Number of posts : 481
Registration date : 2008-02-04

PostSubject: Re: Hatfeild trail colors vs Brimstone   Hatfeild trail colors vs Brimstone EmptyMon Jul 19, 2010 6:51 am

Brimstone is harder. H/M trails do not compare in difficulty IMO.
Back to top Go down
Dreth

PostSubject: Re: Hatfeild trail colors vs Brimstone   Hatfeild trail colors vs Brimstone EmptyMon Jul 19, 2010 10:37 am

Steepness of the trails nor the tightness of the trees are of concern. Just the rocks. I know there are rocks on a mountain we just dont want big nasty rock gardens that will destroy our machines and possibly shorten our trip.

Is there another website i can try that will have more riders in that area.
Back to top Go down
roamerr
SSXSRider Member
roamerr

PostSubject: Re: Hatfeild trail colors vs Brimstone   Hatfeild trail colors vs Brimstone EmptyMon Jul 19, 2010 11:11 am

big nasty rock gardens

I've experienced more Rock Gardens at Brimstone than at any HM trail. Staying at the Campground at Brimstone just one of the green trails (#3?) is pretty rocky alone.

With that said I really really like Brimstone. That's a good ride. Just wish it was closer.
Back to top Go down
bush
SSXSRider Staff
bush

Number of posts : 6141
Registration date : 2008-06-06

PostSubject: Re: Hatfeild trail colors vs Brimstone   Hatfeild trail colors vs Brimstone EmptyMon Jul 19, 2010 1:10 pm

the HM trails are a cake walk compaired to brimstone.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/bushrhino
roamerr
SSXSRider Member
roamerr

PostSubject: Re: Hatfeild trail colors vs Brimstone   Hatfeild trail colors vs Brimstone EmptyMon Jul 19, 2010 1:38 pm

the HM trails are a cake walk compaired to brimstone.

Bush hit it on the head. I ride with a bunch of ATV's and the running joke is we need to stop going to Brimstone because the odds are now against us. If you go to Brimstone enough you will get hurt. It seems highly likely. Lots of rocks, plenty of steep hills, and off-camber in some crazy spots. Great place to go exploring but technical.

That part of Tennessee does not know what a switchback is -- if there is a hill the trail will go straight up it. The rocks just make it more exciting. Also I went last year during a huge rain and the creeks were really up. I would have to aim my Can-am 30 feet further upstream to hit the exit point.

makes me want to go to Brimstone just typing about it...
Back to top Go down
Dreth

PostSubject: Re: Hatfeild trail colors vs Brimstone   Hatfeild trail colors vs Brimstone EmptyTue Jul 20, 2010 5:45 am

Thanks guys for the comments and opinions. I have been to brimstone 2 times and hatfeilds once and my opinion was that brimstone was by far the most difficult terrain. Thanks to Airbourne and his crew we found out what a rhino can really do and a few times i thought i was gona do do! It looks like the other guys in our crew will be bringing their utes and sports seeing as we have room on the trailer. I am still just bringing my trx 450r, those rocks dont scare me!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hatfeild trail colors vs Brimstone   Hatfeild trail colors vs Brimstone Empty

Back to top Go down

Hatfeild trail colors vs Brimstone
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
SouthernSxSRiders :: General :: General SidexSide Discussion-
Jump to: