SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

HID Conversion Kit Install Instructions

Go down 
+3
wvyankee2
nocerisdave
matt2558
7 posters
AuthorMessage
matt2558
SSXSRider Member
matt2558

Number of posts : 134
Registration date : 2009-11-12

HID Conversion Kit Install Instructions Empty
PostSubject: HID Conversion Kit Install Instructions   HID Conversion Kit Install Instructions EmptyMon Jul 19, 2010 8:04 pm

Hey guys I just got the kit to change over the stock lights to HID. Does anyone have the instalation instructions on how to install them?
Back to top Go down
nocerisdave
SSXSRider Member
nocerisdave

Number of posts : 5674
Registration date : 2008-01-22

PostSubject: Re: HID Conversion Kit Install Instructions   HID Conversion Kit Install Instructions EmptyMon Jul 19, 2010 8:07 pm

Matt have you contacted the seller/manufacturer? There should be some directions.
Back to top Go down
nocerisdave
SSXSRider Member
nocerisdave

PostSubject: Re: HID Conversion Kit Install Instructions   HID Conversion Kit Install Instructions EmptyMon Jul 19, 2010 8:14 pm

I found this on another site. Mine were true plug and play or no wire cutting. Is yours not?

http://www.rhinoforums.net/lighting-stereo-electrical/39683-hid-headlights-install-question.html
Back to top Go down
nocerisdave
SSXSRider Member
nocerisdave

PostSubject: Re: HID Conversion Kit Install Instructions   HID Conversion Kit Install Instructions EmptyMon Jul 19, 2010 8:21 pm

Back to top Go down
matt2558
SSXSRider Member
matt2558

PostSubject: Re: HID Conversion Kit Install Instructions   HID Conversion Kit Install Instructions EmptyMon Jul 19, 2010 9:22 pm

nocerisdave wrote:
Matt have you contacted the seller/manufacturer? There should be some directions.

They may be plug and go, but there are boxes with wires and then the actual bulb assemblies...so I am not sure if they are or not. Electrical is not my strong point.
Back to top Go down
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
wvyankee2

Number of posts : 10318

PostSubject: Re: HID Conversion Kit Install Instructions   HID Conversion Kit Install Instructions EmptyMon Jul 19, 2010 9:41 pm

wires from one end of the ballast plug into your stock harness plug. Plugs coming out the other end of the ballast plug in the harness that goes to the headlamp. They are males and females so you cant get them wrong.

Do not touch the bulb with your fingers when installing!

Just unplug your stock harness and remove your stock bulb. install new HID bulb and connect new harness to it. Then connect the ballasts as described above.

The hard part is mounting the ballasts somewhere and manageing your wires after install.

Here was some pics of my Rhino install.

HID Conversion Kit Install Instructions Rhinohid001ua5

HID Conversion Kit Install Instructions Rhinohid002of0

HID Conversion Kit Install Instructions Rhinohid006tm5
Back to top Go down
matt2558
SSXSRider Member
matt2558

PostSubject: Re: HID Conversion Kit Install Instructions   HID Conversion Kit Install Instructions EmptyMon Jul 19, 2010 9:44 pm

wvyankee as usual you're my hero, that is very helpful!
Back to top Go down
AIRBORNE
SSXSRider Member
AIRBORNE

Number of posts : 6266
Registration date : 2008-05-01

PostSubject: Re: HID Conversion Kit Install Instructions   HID Conversion Kit Install Instructions EmptyMon Jul 19, 2010 11:01 pm

Marty has the knowledge!!!
Back to top Go down
https://s300.photobucket.com/albums/nn28/AirborneWV/
bigbore
SSXSRider Member
bigbore

Number of posts : 515
Registration date : 2009-06-08

PostSubject: Re: HID Conversion Kit Install Instructions   HID Conversion Kit Install Instructions EmptyTue Jul 20, 2010 10:00 am

Thanks to AIRBORNE for the Naggin lol! and Nocerisdave for the link, I now have HID's.HID Conversion Kit Install Instructions Jareds8thB-dayparty001HID Conversion Kit Install Instructions Jareds8thB-dayparty038
Back to top Go down
AIRBORNE
SSXSRider Member
AIRBORNE

Number of posts : 6266
Registration date : 2008-05-01

PostSubject: Re: HID Conversion Kit Install Instructions   HID Conversion Kit Install Instructions EmptyTue Jul 20, 2010 10:56 pm

bigbore wrote:
Thanks to AIRBORNE for the Naggin lol! and Nocerisdave for the link, I now have HID's.HID Conversion Kit Install Instructions Jareds8thB-dayparty001HID Conversion Kit Install Instructions Jareds8thB-dayparty038
Hey brother....just trying to get you quality goods the first time. I sure hope they work out for you. That is some really clean installation work. Mounting the ballasts on the 700 is sure a little more tricky that on the 660.
Back to top Go down
https://s300.photobucket.com/albums/nn28/AirborneWV/
Mud-and-Guts
SSXSRider Member
Mud-and-Guts

Number of posts : 1839
Registration date : 2008-09-22

PostSubject: Re: HID Conversion Kit Install Instructions   HID Conversion Kit Install Instructions EmptyWed Jul 21, 2010 5:51 pm

HID's awesome! I have the High/low kit from Side X Side Customs it was plug and play and still using the stock high/low switch.. The ballasts were done mounted on a steel plate all I had to do was mount the plate.

HID Conversion Kit Install Instructions SANY3283

HID Conversion Kit Install Instructions DSC00272
Back to top Go down
http://www.mudandgutsoffroad.org/
2Slow4U
SSXSRider Member
2Slow4U

Number of posts : 1657
Registration date : 2009-05-18

PostSubject: Re: HID Conversion Kit Install Instructions   HID Conversion Kit Install Instructions EmptyTue Aug 03, 2010 1:29 pm

Mud-and-Guts wrote:
HID's awesome! I have the High/low kit from Side X Side Customs it was plug and play and still using the stock high/low switch.. The ballasts were done mounted on a steel plate all I had to do was mount the plate.

Just put one of these kits on mine, and am quite pleased. At $150 shipped, it was a decent value also.

They're also offering a good price on a set of 4" bumper-mount lights at $175 shipped -- but it appears that they are external ballast.

http://www.rhinoforums.net/side-x-side-customs/45013-4-inch-led-off-road-lights.html

HID Conversion Kit Install Instructions 22443d1280808372-4-inch-led-off-road-lights-led-4-2

HID Conversion Kit Install Instructions 22442d1280808372-4-inch-led-off-road-lights-led-4-1

My biggest concern with those would be the lack of stone guards for the glass lens...
Back to top Go down
http://www.simpletractors.com
nocerisdave
SSXSRider Member
nocerisdave

PostSubject: Re: HID Conversion Kit Install Instructions   HID Conversion Kit Install Instructions EmptyTue Aug 03, 2010 7:27 pm

KentT wrote:
Mud-and-Guts wrote:

Just put one of these kits on mine, and am quite pleased. At $150 shipped, it was a decent value also.

They're also offering a good price on a set of 4" bumper-mount lights at $175 shipped -- but it appears that they are external ballast.

http://www.rhinoforums.net/side-x-side-customs/45013-4-inch-led-off-road-lights.html

No problem just stay in front.

HID Conversion Kit Install Instructions 22443d1280808372-4-inch-led-off-road-lights-led-4-2

HID Conversion Kit Install Instructions 22442d1280808372-4-inch-led-off-road-lights-led-4-1

My biggest concern with those would be the lack of stone guards for the glass lens...
Back to top Go down
2Slow4U
SSXSRider Member
2Slow4U

Number of posts : 1657
Registration date : 2009-05-18

PostSubject: Re: HID Conversion Kit Install Instructions   HID Conversion Kit Install Instructions EmptyTue Aug 03, 2010 8:28 pm

Quote :
No problem just stay in front.

That's kinda difficult when I ride a lowly for-fiddy...
Back to top Go down
http://www.simpletractors.com
Mud-and-Guts
SSXSRider Member
Mud-and-Guts

Number of posts : 1839
Registration date : 2008-09-22

PostSubject: Re: HID Conversion Kit Install Instructions   HID Conversion Kit Install Instructions EmptyTue Aug 03, 2010 10:25 pm

Knowing Endi I am sure them lights will be awesome.. When he posted them on my site last night I got to thinking I need more lights...lol
Back to top Go down
http://www.mudandgutsoffroad.org/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: HID Conversion Kit Install Instructions   HID Conversion Kit Install Instructions Empty

Back to top Go down

HID Conversion Kit Install Instructions
Page 1 of 1