SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Donations

Go down 
+3
Bad Behavior
wvyankee2
Admin
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

Donations Empty
PostSubject: Donations   Donations EmptyFri Apr 18, 2008 9:42 pm

I've been reading about the benefit ride that BCO posted about... and it got me thinking. I know Becky and I aren't able to make the ride... but, i'm willing to make a donation anyway. I think it's for a great cause... i'm wondering if we(Southern SxS riders) can't make a donation as well, from the club/member funds.

so, this all begs the question(or questions): Do we have funds available for a donation? if so, how much? if not... why not?

from a financial standpoint, I know we can't donate to every charity ride out there... but, if it's posted in the "Official Rides"' sub forum... the member funds should be involved and the members should have some input as to the amount given, if any.

thoughts?
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1435
Registration date : 2008-01-21

Donations Empty
PostSubject: Re: Donations   Donations EmptyFri Apr 18, 2008 10:16 pm

How much do u think we should donate? We've got around 200 in club funds
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Donations Empty
PostSubject: Re: Donations   Donations EmptyFri Apr 18, 2008 10:28 pm

scratch scratch :arrow:
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Donations Empty
PostSubject: Re: Donations   Donations EmptySat Apr 19, 2008 12:24 am

Wheelin wrote:

financially speaking, that's a loaded question... it would depend on a lot of things. Really, just simple budgeting issues....

--For instance, is that 200.00 the amount free this month after expenses are paid? or... is that what is in the bank account before expenses?

--What do our fees/expenses consist of... server fees, domain fees, etc?

--Are there any fees/expenses due this month or in the following month that income(merchandise, stickers, new memberships, etc.) won't cover?

--Do you have a projected number of new members for each month, which will build those funds? If not, what other income are you projecting?

--To answer these questions... you almost have to know where the 200.00 came from... membership fees?, merchandise sales?, etc.

-all of this might be overkill... but, when you treat something like this half-heartedly... bad things eventually happen, financially.

i guess what i'm leading into is... if we are informed of the financial status of the club/group/whateverwecallit, we can make an informed decision on what to give. cheers

besides, i'm just curious... lol!

disclaimer: i apologize to those that don't like this post... i have a financial background and i'm curious. :afro:
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Donations Empty
PostSubject: Re: Donations   Donations EmptySat Apr 19, 2008 12:38 am

Wheels wrote:
Wheelin wrote:

financially speaking, that's a loaded question... it would depend on a lot of things. Really, just simple budgeting issues....

--For instance, is that 200.00 the amount free this month after expenses are paid? or... is that what is in the bank account before expenses?

--Are there any fees/expenses due this month or in the following month that income(merchandise, stickers, new memberships, etc.) won't cover?

--Do you have a projected number of new members for each month, which will build those funds? If not, what other income are you projecting?

--To answer these questions... you almost have to know where the 200.00 came from... membership fees?, merchandise sales?, etc.

-all of this might be overkill... but, when you treat something like this half-heartedly... bad things eventually happen, financially.

i guess what i'm leading into is... if we are informed of the financial status of the club/group/whateverwecallit, we can make an informed decision on what to give. cheers

besides, i'm just curious... lol!

disclaimer: i apologize to those that don't like this post... i have a financial background and i'm curious. :afro:

cheers i think that brings up alot to be discussed lol!
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Donations Empty
PostSubject: Re: Donations   Donations EmptySat Apr 19, 2008 1:12 am

Wheels-- please be patient with me. Me,Rhinomcb and my mother are going to set down and have a meeting to get everything on record and in blk and white so evryone will be able to see what money the club has and where each penny goes. Im new to all this book keeping stuff so bare with me lol!

I havent opened up a bank account for us yet because I didnt want to throw any red flags up for uncle sam to want his part. We are trying to get set up as a "non profit org." I will have full details shortly. It would have already been done but my mom has been staying with my aunt because she is really sick. Thanks for all of yalls help with getting us started and moving cheers This is goin good and I hope for it to be HUGE cheers
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Donations Empty
PostSubject: Re: Donations   Donations EmptySat Apr 19, 2008 2:13 am

Wheels-- please be patient with me. Me,Rhinomcb and my mother are going to set down and have a meeting to get everything on record and in blk and white so evryone will be able to see what money the club has and where each penny goes. Im new to all this book keeping stuff so bare with Yeah Hopefully RhinoMcb and them can Get it all sorted out :) Fri Apr 18, 2008 10:24 pm

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wheelin wrote:

i guess what i'm leading into is... if we are informed of the financial status of the club/group/whateverwecallit, we can make an informed decision on what to give.

besides, i'm just curious... Well hopefully all questinos will be Answered soon :) once ehings are soarted out then will or shoulb be avaliacle ro seen Monthly. Question :) And as RhinoMcb said these things have to be Discussed and Handled for us to keep Growing AND Growing and So own :)
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Donations Empty
PostSubject: Re: Donations   Donations EmptySat Apr 19, 2008 12:20 pm

Wheelin wrote:
Wheels-- please be patient with me. Me,Rhinomcb and my mother are going to set down and have a meeting to get everything on record and in blk and white so evryone will be able to see what money the club has and where each penny goes. Im new to all this book keeping stuff so bare with me lol!

I havent opened up a bank account for us yet because I didnt want to throw any red flags up for uncle sam to want his part. We are trying to get set up as a "non profit org." I will have full details shortly. It would have already been done but my mom has been staying with my aunt because she is really sick. Thanks for all of yalls help with getting us started and moving cheers This is goin good and I hope for it to be HUGE cheers

wheels, i really dont know anything about setting up a system for the books and what ever else needs to be done about taxes and all the other stuff that has to do whith the money issues.would u be willing to help out since u do it for a living????all i know about it it something needs to be done SOON!!!
W e could set up some kind of a board to handle the money.posssibly nick,shannon(rhinorider13) ,and u wheels!!! cheers cheers
what does every body think about that???? :D

and since we r on the subject of things to do!!

What does every body think about electing a group of 4-5 say, board members to over see all the money,decisions,and all the other stuff that needs it ?? to keep all the preessure off of one person. :D
Back to top Go down
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
wvyankee2

Number of posts : 10319
Registration date : 2008-01-22

Donations Empty
PostSubject: Re: Donations   Donations EmptySat Apr 19, 2008 2:28 pm

:idea: bounce study :bball: cheers
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Donations Empty
PostSubject: Re: Donations   Donations EmptySat Apr 19, 2008 3:41 pm

Hey! This is Alma Smith (I am Nick's mom). We are working on the books right now. Nick has been after me forever to get this done because it was driving him crazy and me too! I have a lot of long years in bookkeeping/accounting and paralegal work (although shortcoming my degree by 3.4 quarter hours - long story that would bore you to death and need to kick myself for not going back to finish). The truth is, I am just like my mother and I can't stand for anything to not be EXACTLY RIGHT: i.e. to the penny; correct formats; spelling; etc. Nick and I are alike on these things but he has failed to stay on top of his English and Spelling which drives me nuts! Anyway, between a crazy schedule of taking care of my aunt that raised me, doing things for Nick, staying on top of Matthew (Nick's 13 year old brother who is one-of-a-kind), trying to keep up with my mother and mother-in-law's insurance and paperwork; housework; part-time job; and my own health problems ------------------------------------------ well, you could say Nick and I don't have coordinating schedules whatsoever!!!!!!! He is so so so so so spoiled and used to me doing everything the minute he says jump but that is totally impossible right now with everything going on. I am trying to jumble between two homes and lacking a lot of time to do everything in. But I can't stand to do anything half-way so I am always behind on everything!

I hope to be able to get back with answers to the questions and a format set up so that Nick can have an account sheet updated every month. Every member has the right to ask any questions whatsoever at any time. I have to apologize for not already having all the financial worksheets done and available, but like I said, Nick is so impatient and I have not had a single free minute to work on this stuff until today. Hope to get this task accomplished very soon and get back with everyone! My phone number is 706-695-7122 and you can leave me a message but I honestly can't promise how quickly my callback will be right now until my aunt gets better and I get Nick's paperwork caught up for the state vocational rehab people which is so important (another point Nick and I disagree on - order of priorities).

Nick has talked to me extensively about concerns and questions from some of you regarding the legal standpoints, rules, regulations, laws, etc. about Southern SXS Riders actually being formed as a "CLUB" because of the problems circulating via others and/or members of the Windrock ATV Club. I would really appreciate anyone that has ACTUAL FACTS about what is going on with them! I really don't want the grapevine stuff, but I would really like to know the facts in order to know what Nick is talking about. Of course, anytime and at any point, a risk is involved when forming any type of business or organization as far as taxes, legalities, etc. Nick is going to set me up an account so that I can post monthly account sheets and also get you the facts on Georgia laws for Southern SXS Riders ASAP! Right now, all of you in this organization are OKAY and any products or merchandise is safe for transfer to anyone that wants them. I will also get you the exact dates, legal organization names and all other related information back to you ASAP! DON'T WORRY - GO RIDE AND HAVE FUN AND LET ME DO THE WORRY STUFF BECAUSE I AM AN EXPERT AT IT!

Hopefully I will get to meet all of you one day and get involved with this rhino stuff one day.

Thanks for your patience and understanding right now.

Alma Smith
(Nick's mom)
Back to top Go down
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
wvyankee2

Number of posts : 10319

Donations Empty
PostSubject: Re: Donations   Donations EmptySat Apr 19, 2008 4:40 pm

Thanks for your efforts Alma cheers
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Donations Empty
PostSubject: Re: Donations   Donations EmptySat Apr 19, 2008 6:11 pm

wvyankee2 wrote:

same here cheers

it sounds like u dont have much time for it but if u want to make time for it cheers cheers
Its still a good idea to have another person or two in the supporting riders group to help if there willing.if for nothing else to keep the rif raff away about just one person handling $$$$$$

Nick,What do u think about electing a board????? scratch
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Donations Empty
PostSubject: Re: Donations   Donations EmptySat Apr 19, 2008 8:01 pm

wvyankee2 wrote:

+1

i'll help in any way i can... if needed.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Donations Empty
PostSubject: Re: Donations   Donations EmptySat Apr 19, 2008 10:13 pm

Yes Thanks cheers
Back to top Go down
Bad Behavior

Bad Behavior

Number of posts : 263
Registration date : 2008-04-03

Donations Empty
PostSubject: Re: Donations   Donations EmptySat Apr 19, 2008 10:20 pm

How about this, it's something we do offshore for when people have a death in the family. We call it the "flower fund". Let every "supporting member" donate whatever they can, and set it aside for benefit rides/charities. Everyone could mail in a check for whatever they can, and whenever a cause comes up, take some out of the "charity fund". This way, the club funds stay for club expences, and we will have a separate fund for charities. This is just a thought, and we would have to work out the details, but I think it could work. There could be a separate checking accoun set up for the "charity fund", and, at least at my bank, they will not charge a fee for he account, since it's a non-profit organization. Just a thought. scratch
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Donations Empty
PostSubject: Re: Donations   Donations EmptySun Apr 20, 2008 12:37 am

dang..she got on here and fed me to the birds.. lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Donations Empty
PostSubject: Re: Donations   Donations EmptySun Apr 20, 2008 1:06 am

Hey What are Moms For Laughing Everything will be alright Laughing How about the Board? You had any Thoughts on That? :) and you don't Ever Answer your Rolling Eyes Shocked lol! Phone
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Donations Empty
PostSubject: Re: Donations   Donations EmptySun Apr 20, 2008 1:49 am

me?????? Your the one that dont answer lol!

I think a board would be great!!! Did you get your check and camera
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Donations Empty
PostSubject: Re: Donations   Donations EmptySun Apr 20, 2008 6:54 am

rhinomcb wrote:
wvyankee2 wrote:

same here cheers

it sounds like u dont have much time for it but if u want to make time for it cheers cheers
Its still a good idea to have another person or two in the supporting riders group to help if there willing.if for nothing else to keep the rif raff away about just one person handling $$$$$$

Nick,What do u think about electing a board????? scratch

BUMP
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Donations Empty
PostSubject: Re: Donations   Donations EmptySun Apr 20, 2008 3:49 pm

Wheelin wrote:
dang..she got on here and fed me to the birds.. lol! lol!

dang maybee i need to get my mom to call your mom lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Donations Empty
PostSubject: Re: Donations   Donations EmptySun Apr 20, 2008 10:01 pm

Do yall want to have a board? If so let me know
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Donations Empty
PostSubject: Re: Donations   Donations EmptyMon Apr 21, 2008 7:23 am

Wheelin wrote:
Do yall want to have a board? If so let me know

i think it would be good,i dont know of any other organizations like this that doesnt have one!!
Back to top Go down
GunRunner
SSXSRider Member
GunRunner

Number of posts : 5296

Donations Empty
PostSubject: Re: Donations   Donations EmptyMon Apr 21, 2008 10:40 am

wow, you guys got a lot going since friday. IMO, I really dont see the need for a big hupla over what is a tiny amount of funds. This club has generated IMO its big cash influx already and will now only get tiny 10.00 amounts if new member join. (20.00 - the sticker cost of 10.00) I say you simply deduct the yearly cost of all expences to cover this forum.IMO, a better idea is to leave the club out of it and let the members who care to donate do in the name of the sxsriders if they want to.BCO's cause is a good one, but I can think of many other good ones, IMO the club funds should be used for club expences, then at the year end if any funds are left, then donate to a worthy cause or keep to pay future forum costs unless a surplus has been generated by a bunch of new members. MO on board of directors is please dont turn this into another windrock club type thing look where they are, 76,000.00 in tax debt and the infighting amoung members has caused the club to all but self distruct, lets keep it simple and fun, not complicated and full of bullshit. I mean, look, we all cant even agree on a place to have official ride number 2 , so we skipped it and then couldn't decide on ride 3 so we just made it a tag-a-long to another clubs event. A board of directors would be a cluster F**K at best. These are my opinions yours might be different. lol!
Back to top Go down
http://southernrzrriders.com
rcmass

rcmass

Number of posts : 999
Registration date : 2008-02-01

Donations Empty
PostSubject: Re: Donations   Donations EmptyMon Apr 21, 2008 11:10 am

board / no board.... these are my OPINIONS (just like everyone else's opinions)

....I agree with the thought that if there is money involved it should be legit - especially if it is a "club"....

BUT - if its just a group that likes to occassionally ride together, and spread info on a forum - the leave it alone - let thsoe that choose to donate do so - and hopefulyl there will be enough to cover teh forum necessities (hell, there should be enough $ so far to run for a while)

if you want to be official - grow - sell merchandise - attend events - promote - grow more - make donations - sponsor races teams - etc. - whatever = then it needs to be done legally and correct. As a non-profit, with correct accounting, a have a board of directors that makes $ and future existince decisions

just let me know - I will abstain from any vote until there is a clear decision on where things are heading with this group.
Back to top Go down
Clayboy
SSXSRider Member
Clayboy

Number of posts : 1861

Donations Empty
PostSubject: Re: Donations   Donations EmptyMon Apr 21, 2008 11:49 am

What Gunrunner said X2! Keep it simple! Wait tilll you got $10k laying around in a bank then worry about fighting over it. If this club grows to 1000 members you will have to move to a better server which cost money and you will have to have sponsers anyway. I say let wheelin be responsible for the funds and if you don't like the way he is doing business, then you can move on to another club or forum. My 2 cents.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Donations Empty
PostSubject: Re: Donations   Donations Empty

Back to top Go down

Donations
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next