SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

GBC Grim Reaper Review

Go down 
+16
Triple J
8ball_99
roamerr
RedNeckRanger
Sporto
mason
Mud-and-Guts
ridepate
2Slow4U
Goose
Foxfire
Big Ed
Clayboy
Big-R
jasonch
PWM
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

Number of posts : 16074
Registration date : 2008-02-26

GBC Grim Reaper Review - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: GBC Grim Reaper Review   GBC Grim Reaper Review - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 30, 2010 8:08 am

roadiestar wrote:
Give me a set to try and I know I will get a flat in the first 100 miles. There is no tire that can put up with me. Except a solid tire.... My new BH knock off are nice tires, but sure enough in less than 50 miles I got a flat in the sidewall. I need a 10 ply sidewall tire.

The Grim Reapers are 8 ply. The side wall is thick. One of the best I have seen on a tire yet.
Back to top Go down
AIRBORNE
SSXSRider Member
AIRBORNE

Number of posts : 6266
Registration date : 2008-05-01

PostSubject: Re: GBC Grim Reaper Review   GBC Grim Reaper Review - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 30, 2010 8:58 am

roadiestar wrote:
Give me a set to try and I know I will get a flat in the first 100 miles. There is no tire that can put up with me. Except a solid tire.... My new BH knock off are nice tires, but sure enough in less than 50 miles I got a flat in the sidewall. I need a 10 ply sidewall tire.

I have busted sidewalls on every tire I have run too.........even the Bighorns. Next set I will be trying the Reapers.
Back to top Go down
https://s300.photobucket.com/albums/nn28/AirborneWV/
roadiestar

roadiestar

Number of posts : 842
Registration date : 2008-01-25

PostSubject: Re: GBC Grim Reaper Review   GBC Grim Reaper Review - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 30, 2010 12:05 pm

They have to start making 8 ply in the sidewalls. I hardly ever get a flat in the tread area.
Back to top Go down
Goose
SSXSRider Member
Goose

Number of posts : 2971
Registration date : 2010-03-15

PostSubject: Re: GBC Grim Reaper Review   GBC Grim Reaper Review - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 04, 2010 8:24 am

Triple J wrote:
Over 1100 miles on my 27" Reapers (remember the Prowler comes with 26's) and they still look great. They've handled everything I've thrown at them.

Only one puncture do to a railroad spike from an old railroad bed trail we have up here but that trail has spiked every brand of tire known.
TJ How many miles do you have on the prowler with the 27 inch tires? How is the suspension doing?
Back to top Go down
PWM
SSXSRider Member
PWM

Number of posts : 1082
Registration date : 2008-10-24

PostSubject: Re: GBC Grim Reaper Review   GBC Grim Reaper Review - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 04, 2010 8:46 pm

Grim Reapers vs Pitbull Rockers

Now I only have ~200 miles on the Rockers but what an awsome tire. I am running 10.5 psi all the way around.

The ride is better than the Reapers by a lot. It is smoother and much, much easier to steer in those tight switch back turns.

In the mud, the Rockers dominate as well. They clean out great.

Rock climbing the Rockers were awsome as well although the Reapers are pretty good. I would give the edge to the Rockers at this point although we did not do a lot of rock climbing so I will keep you posted after a few more rides.

Off camber, we did not have a lot of that but what little we did, I did not slide at all but I will keep you posted after a few more rides and miles.

All in all I really like the Rockers. Time will tell how they will hold up mileage wise. I ended up with ~500 miles on the Reapers with no wear at all.

500 Mile Update

They are holding us very well although I do not think I will get the same mileage that I did with my Big Horns although I may be suprised.

I really have not noticed the weight at all being a factor. I still plan on a DDP Clutch kit but I planned on that all along anyway.

There are 2 plus's for me with the Pitbulls, 1 being the rim protection that I get from them. I have ridden some of the tuffest trails at wind rock and I have notice 1 small scratch on one wheel. The other is the way they clean out in the mud. They are a lot better than the Reapers or the Horns in that catagory.

Other than those two things, they are pretty even from my experience.
Back to top Go down
http://cumberland-mudders.forumotion.com/index.htm
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

PostSubject: Re: GBC Grim Reaper Review   GBC Grim Reaper Review - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 04, 2010 9:46 pm

I have not had any problems with the Reapers cleaning themselves out. They are every bit as good as the XTR's. I have road in nothing but wet conditions since I have had them.

I think the Grim Reapers are a great tire. I am not sure if I would want the price or weight of the Pit bulls. However, they are a good looking tire.
Back to top Go down
Mud-and-Guts
SSXSRider Member
Mud-and-Guts

Number of posts : 1839
Registration date : 2008-09-22

PostSubject: Re: GBC Grim Reaper Review   GBC Grim Reaper Review - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 04, 2010 11:07 pm

Big-R wrote:
I have not had any problems with the Reapers cleaning themselves out. They are every bit as good as the XTR's. I have road in nothing but wet conditions since I have had them.

I think the Grim Reapers are a great tire. I am not sure if I would want the price or weight of the Pit bulls. However, they are a good looking tire.

I have nearly 1000 miles on my reapers and they are holding up great with no issues and No regrets!
Back to top Go down
http://www.mudandgutsoffroad.org/
Triple J

Triple J

Number of posts : 240
Registration date : 2009-01-15

PostSubject: Re: GBC Grim Reaper Review   GBC Grim Reaper Review - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 05, 2010 6:47 am

Quote :
TJ How many miles do you have on the prowler with the 27 inch tires? How is the suspension doing?

I had over 900 miles on the 650XT with the Reapers and no issues with suspension what so ever.

200 miles on the XTZ with the same set of tires and not expecting any suspension problems.
Back to top Go down
Goose
SSXSRider Member
Goose

Number of posts : 2971
Registration date : 2010-03-15

PostSubject: Re: GBC Grim Reaper Review   GBC Grim Reaper Review - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 05, 2010 12:47 pm

Thaks Guys!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Craig_C

Craig_C

Number of posts : 737
Registration date : 2010-06-21

PostSubject: Re: GBC Grim Reaper Review   GBC Grim Reaper Review - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 05, 2010 10:33 pm

I have the Dirt Commanders (25's) on my S, they seem to be a good tire so far, although they do spin alot on slick rock compared to the Big Horns. This could be due to the fact I run the airp pressure a little high in them.
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

PostSubject: Re: GBC Grim Reaper Review   GBC Grim Reaper Review - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 05, 2010 10:47 pm

The reapers are great on rocks. I am really impressed with these things.

One trial from yesterday. About a mile of wet creek rock......

GBC Grim Reaper Review - Page 2 Harts12410011

Back to top Go down
hillbillyrzrs
SSXSRider Member
hillbillyrzrs

Number of posts : 366
Registration date : 2008-11-11

PostSubject: Re: GBC Grim Reaper Review   GBC Grim Reaper Review - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 06, 2010 9:16 am

Don't matter which tire you have Big R its all about having talent.
Back to top Go down
Sporto
SSXSRider Member
Sporto

Number of posts : 688
Registration date : 2009-07-10

PostSubject: Re: GBC Grim Reaper Review   GBC Grim Reaper Review - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 06, 2010 12:24 pm

hillbillyrzrs wrote:

GBC Grim Reaper Review - Page 2 248474
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

PostSubject: Re: GBC Grim Reaper Review   GBC Grim Reaper Review - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 06, 2010 9:29 pm

hillbillyrzrs wrote:

Yeah, Clark knows the R........ thatsright
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: GBC Grim Reaper Review   GBC Grim Reaper Review - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

GBC Grim Reaper Review
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2