SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

RZRS Breather

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Dino
SSXSRider Member
Dino

Number of posts : 65
Registration date : 2009-08-21

RZRS Breather Empty
PostSubject: RZRS Breather   RZRS Breather EmptySat Sep 25, 2010 8:55 pm

need some advice? I have 2009 RZRS and we were riding Hatfield and McCoy last week and I started hearing a tapping sound. When we got back to the cabin I noticed I had oil in by breather intake tube. It never lost power but the idle dropped to 780 RPMS and sounded like it was going to die. It stopped the next day but I need notice some oil around the top of the head. I checked the oil level was fine. Have any ideas?
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

Number of posts : 16074
Registration date : 2008-02-26

RZRS Breather Empty
PostSubject: Re: RZRS Breather   RZRS Breather EmptySun Sep 26, 2010 4:59 pm

Dino wrote:
need some advice? I have 2009 RZRS and we were riding Hatfield and McCoy last week and I started hearing a tapping sound. When we got back to the cabin I noticed I had oil in by breather intake tube. It never lost power but the idle dropped to 780 RPMS and sounded like it was going to die. It stopped the next day but I need notice some oil around the top of the head. I checked the oil level was fine. Have any ideas?

Not sure why your RPMs dropped. There could be a number of reasons.

However, the oil on top of the head could be from the blow back valve. Check the bolts and make sure it is tight. It is located on the right side of the valve cover (looking at the engine from inside the cab)
Back to top Go down
Dino
SSXSRider Member
Dino

Number of posts : 65
Registration date : 2009-08-21

RZRS Breather Empty
PostSubject: Re: RZRS Breather   RZRS Breather EmptySun Sep 26, 2010 6:06 pm

Thanks I will look at that. Someone told me there was a rees valve that could make that noise and I could put oil in the air intake. I think that may be the valve you are talking about.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

RZRS Breather Empty
PostSubject: Re: RZRS Breather   RZRS Breather Empty

Back to top Go down

RZRS Breather
Page 1 of 1