Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalFAQRegisterLog in

rhino is pissing me off

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

rhino is pissing me off Empty
PostSubject: rhino is pissing me off   rhino is pissing me off EmptyMon Oct 25, 2010 8:45 pm

bought rhino new in december 2009.right now it has 1339 miles and i have replaced tires,brakes,axle boot,wheel bearings,and a brake line.the brakes make a noise every time hit any mud and door hinges are worn out.all kinds of rattles and squeaks. i give it a good cussing tonight maybe that will help if not a orange madness s will be replacing it very soon!!!!
Back to top Go down
RZRSguy

RZRSguy

Number of posts : 125
Registration date : 2008-07-29

PostSubject: Re: rhino is pissing me off   rhino is pissing me off EmptyMon Oct 25, 2010 8:52 pm

get use to it. I had a rhino with 1200 miles when I sold it. I bought a po po and so far no problems and I have 1000 miles on it. Buy the S if you get a rzr for sure.
Back to top Go down
Gimpy
SSXSRider Member
Gimpy

Number of posts : 7590
Registration date : 2009-10-01

PostSubject: Re: rhino is pissing me off   rhino is pissing me off EmptyMon Oct 25, 2010 9:04 pm

RZRSguy wrote:
get use to it. I had a rhino with 1200 miles when I sold it. I bought a po po and so far no problems and I have 1000 miles on it. Buy the S if you get a rzr for sure.

I agree. If you trail ride a lot, get the RZRS. If you need to haul, get a 4'x4' trailer to pull. My wife uses ours almost everyday to work on the property. I even taught her how to plow snow with it.
Back to top Go down
http://lwurzel@twc.com
Smith700
SSXSRider Member

Number of posts : 2713
Registration date : 2009-08-21

PostSubject: Re: rhino is pissing me off   rhino is pissing me off EmptyMon Oct 25, 2010 10:45 pm

Wheel bearings are a part of maintenance on any SxS. Especially on an S.
Brakes are going to wear out on any SxS.
I have fixed about all the rattles in mine with rubber grommets, rubber matting cut up, etc..
Flip your front drive shaft.....it won't rattle any more.
You are going to go through tires on any SxS, especially 14" rim.
Just lube the hinges every now and then, they don't rattle.
Take your brakes apart, clean,clean,clean, soak in penetrating oil. They will be good for a good while.
The Rhino has some rattles....the RZR has squeaks.....lots of them.
Back to top Go down
nocerisdave
SSXSRider Member
nocerisdave

Number of posts : 5674
Registration date : 2008-01-22

PostSubject: Re: rhino is pissing me off   rhino is pissing me off EmptyTue Oct 26, 2010 1:26 am

Sounds familiar.
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

Number of posts : 16074
Registration date : 2008-02-26

PostSubject: Re: rhino is pissing me off   rhino is pissing me off EmptyTue Oct 26, 2010 9:43 am

Yeah, you are going to have to work on all SXS's. They are all built with ATV parts and they are twice the weight. It sucks but hey....... I guess we have to pay to play.

I have a rhino and a RZR.

14 RZR XP 900 4
2012 Teryx 4
11 RZR XP 900 sold
08 RZR S 820 sold
08 Rhino 700EFI sold
2013 Teryx 4 LE sold

Lucky Rabbit Foot Key Chain Club
Red Rhino keychain club  

SouthernSxSRider Member # 1
Back to top Go down
Smith700
SSXSRider Member

Number of posts : 2713
Registration date : 2009-08-21

PostSubject: Re: rhino is pissing me off   rhino is pissing me off EmptyTue Oct 26, 2010 10:48 am

You can fix rattles very easily......hardware store. Z28 helped me fix a lot of problems on the Rhino.
Back to top Go down
4x4pac

4x4pac

Number of posts : 475
Registration date : 2009-06-03

PostSubject: Re: rhino is pissing me off   rhino is pissing me off EmptyTue Oct 26, 2010 7:21 pm

You get what you pay for. If you buy the one that is on the lower end, you get the lower quality.
Back to top Go down
http://www.4x4pac.com
AIRBORNE
SSXSRider Member
AIRBORNE

Number of posts : 6264
Registration date : 2008-05-01

PostSubject: Re: rhino is pissing me off   rhino is pissing me off EmptyTue Oct 26, 2010 8:14 pm

My RZR squeaks constantly. I have gotten used to it. I just crank up the tunes.
Back to top Go down
https://s300.photobucket.com/albums/nn28/AirborneWV/
gullyjumper

Number of posts : 76
Registration date : 2010-02-05

PostSubject: Re: rhino is pissing me off   rhino is pissing me off EmptyTue Oct 26, 2010 8:20 pm

I got my rhino in Nov of 09. I did replace the tires but that was by choice. But everything else is good no problems at all. I just went over 1000 miles but I do clean and grease after ever dirty ride. For me I would still go with a rhino. Just a good trail machine. 2cents
Back to top Go down
AIRBORNE
SSXSRider Member
AIRBORNE

PostSubject: Re: rhino is pissing me off   rhino is pissing me off EmptyTue Oct 26, 2010 8:25 pm

Rhino is a great machine. Mine squeaked a little.......replaced brakes, bearings, etc. Still high quality and well built, IMO.
Back to top Go down
Mud-and-Guts
SSXSRider Member
Mud-and-Guts

Number of posts : 1839
Registration date : 2008-09-22

PostSubject: Re: rhino is pissing me off   rhino is pissing me off EmptyTue Oct 26, 2010 8:51 pm

I don't want to know how many times I have changed the brakes on mine! The stock bearings did good but aftermarkets I am having no luck with, I am fixing to change them again. Only annoying squeak my rhino has is the rear brakes and I am fixing to set down and see if I can do something about that(when I get time).

Over all I got to say the Rhino is worth all the work! to me it is just part of the fun! But I love my garage and I drive a Ford so I needed something to work on...lol
Back to top Go down
http://www.mudandgutsoffroad.org/
mason
SSXSRider Member
mason

Number of posts : 2247
Registration date : 2009-04-07

PostSubject: Re: rhino is pissing me off   rhino is pissing me off EmptyTue Oct 26, 2010 9:08 pm

1500 miles on my S factory brakes still on some squeaks replaced a arm bushings 700 miles ago everything else ok love my S never owned a rhino 2cents
Back to top Go down
Baxter

Baxter

Number of posts : 75
Registration date : 2009-08-30

PostSubject: Re: rhino is pissing me off   rhino is pissing me off EmptyTue Oct 26, 2010 9:25 pm

I bought my rhino new in 08.Other than making it safe for a good crash I've put 1500 miles on it for the price of brake pads, a set of tires,belt and clutch resurface. Of course the torqe limiter in the front driveshaft is limited out lol! but I'll fix it this winter.I'm hard on equipment and I've been around a few differant motorsports.That is good in my eyes for the punishment I put to it.I'm weening myself off Rock Crawling because the cost.This winter I'm going to do some tweeking to the Rhino chassis to make it a little more rock capable to satisfy needs, when needed.I plan on staying in the SXS's for a while.I'm P.M.ing Big R back and forth so I can be a supporting vendor on here.I'm a compulsive fabricator.I'm not biased with any of them but they all have there faults.I've worked on Rhino's, RZRs,and currently working on a Teryx.Lets put our squeeks, rattles,and crunches behind us and break something we can complain about. Oh yea hope to see some of you in the trail in the future so I can put faces to some of you Chug
Back to top Go down
AIRBORNE
SSXSRider Member
AIRBORNE

PostSubject: Re: rhino is pissing me off   rhino is pissing me off EmptyTue Oct 26, 2010 9:36 pm

mason wrote:
never owned a rhino 2cents

CandyAss lol!
Back to top Go down
8ball_99
SSXSRider Member
8ball_99

Number of posts : 1364
Registration date : 2010-05-04

PostSubject: Re: rhino is pissing me off   rhino is pissing me off EmptyTue Oct 26, 2010 9:48 pm

My RZR squeaks here and there. Between the radio, exhaust on the other people around me I never notice. If you clean and grease all the bushings, bolts, ect its dead silent. But after a few mud holes and creek crossings it squeaks again.. The bushings on the outer A-arms don't have zerks. So I'm pretty sure thats where it comes from.
As far as parts, I've changed several bushings,bolts. Changed a wheel bearing, few ball joints, couple tierod ends also changed all the brake pads once. On top of that stuff lol, I've replaced the bed, roll cage, skid panel, went through about 3 body mounts. I beat the crap out of it and stuff breaks, wears out. Just goes with it. Tell you the truth I'm surprised I haven't had to replace more stuff..
Back to top Go down
nocerisdave
SSXSRider Member
nocerisdave

Number of posts : 5674
Registration date : 2008-01-22

PostSubject: Re: rhino is pissing me off   rhino is pissing me off EmptyTue Oct 26, 2010 11:34 pm

Its constant maintenance on both my Rhino and RZR. I kinda of enjoy working on them though. Washing them is a different story.

The fix for the squeaks on my 09 RZRS was loosening the shock bolts, both upper and lower. Of course maintenance is part of it too. But the loosening bolts stopped 90% of the squeaks. I have check them just to make sure they dont loosen further, and they havent. Oh I also replaced two bolts on the header heat shield that had disappeared. I still have one somewhere that sounds like a heat shield rattle or similar. Havent found it yet.
Back to top Go down
Mud-and-Guts
SSXSRider Member
Mud-and-Guts

PostSubject: Re: rhino is pissing me off   rhino is pissing me off EmptyWed Oct 27, 2010 7:05 am

nocerisdave wrote:
Its constant maintenance on both my Rhino and RZR. I kinda of enjoy working on them though. Washing them is a different story.

X2 ain't that the truth!
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

Number of posts : 16074
Registration date : 2008-02-26

PostSubject: Re: rhino is pissing me off   rhino is pissing me off EmptyWed Oct 27, 2010 8:15 am

Mud-and-Guts wrote:
But I love my garage and I drive a Ford so I needed something to work on...lol

thatsright thatsright

Baxter wrote:
Oh yea hope to see some of you in the trail in the future so I can put faces to some of you Chug

Can't wait to see you on the trails also!!!!!!

Now, I have replace a lot of stuff on both the RZR and Rhino. It is part of off roading..... I think the squeak many RZR S make come from the Fox shocks. I have the WER and no squeaks. However, I just replaced my rear brake pads and the caliper is rattling bad. Now that is pissing me off.

14 RZR XP 900 4
2012 Teryx 4
11 RZR XP 900 sold
08 RZR S 820 sold
08 Rhino 700EFI sold
2013 Teryx 4 LE sold

Lucky Rabbit Foot Key Chain Club
Red Rhino keychain club  

SouthernSxSRider Member # 1
Back to top Go down
Hollon
SSXSRider Member
Hollon

Number of posts : 1427
Registration date : 2009-06-13

PostSubject: Re: rhino is pissing me off   rhino is pissing me off EmptyWed Oct 27, 2010 8:25 am

I drive an Arctic Cat and its like riding on a cloud quiet as a mouse no squeaks no rattles just smooth and peaceful and can go up any hill and go thru any mud hole........and then I woke up!

about to pee as usual.

we treat these things like they are a tank, so expect rattles broken parts and yes everybody needs a rope now and then. just have fun and ride.
Back to top Go down
Mud-and-Guts
SSXSRider Member
Mud-and-Guts

PostSubject: Re: rhino is pissing me off   rhino is pissing me off EmptyWed Oct 27, 2010 12:37 pm

Hollon wrote:
I drive an Arctic Cat and its like riding on a cloud quiet as a mouse no squeaks no rattles just smooth and peaceful and can go up any hill and go thru any mud hole........and then I woke up!

about to pee as usual.

we treat these things like they are a tank, so expect rattles broken parts and yes everybody needs a rope now and then. just have fun and ride.

thatsright And don't forget the winch, mine has saved me on many occasions!
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: rhino is pissing me off   rhino is pissing me off EmptyWed Oct 27, 2010 7:08 pm

finally got it ready to ride thatsright
Back to top Go down
Mud-and-Guts
SSXSRider Member
Mud-and-Guts

PostSubject: Re: rhino is pissing me off   rhino is pissing me off EmptyWed Oct 27, 2010 7:13 pm

spud wrote:
finally got it ready to ride thatsright

I would say lets ride but it maybe a few more weeks before I can... Glad to see you got it going bro!
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: rhino is pissing me off   rhino is pissing me off EmptyWed Oct 27, 2010 7:14 pm

taking the boy hunting this weekend maybe next sunday?
Back to top Go down
johnnybgood

Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2009-06-08

PostSubject: Re: rhino is pissing me off   rhino is pissing me off EmptyFri Oct 29, 2010 11:05 pm

I have a 07 660 Rhino w/over 1000 miles and I must be very lucky I cant complain any. The brakes dont squeal, frame dont squeek. But I take the wheels off after every ride and put the hotsy to it. I have found if I wash the mud out of the brakes they dont make any noises but if there not cleaned good they will squeek. I grease the fittings every ride also. It is not uncommon to spend 2 hrs cleaning up after a ride. Then I spray it down with WD40.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: rhino is pissing me off   rhino is pissing me off Empty

Back to top Go down

rhino is pissing me off
Page 1 of 1