SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Pros and cons of the sway bar

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
wareagleguy

wareagleguy

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2008-04-23

Pros and cons of the sway bar Empty
PostSubject: Pros and cons of the sway bar   Pros and cons of the sway bar EmptySun Apr 27, 2008 9:39 pm

I would like to hear folks experience on removing the sway bar. Pros and cons of removing.
Back to top Go down
shawnley1222
SSXSRider Member
shawnley1222

Number of posts : 2745
Registration date : 2008-01-22

PostSubject: Re: Pros and cons of the sway bar   Pros and cons of the sway bar EmptySun Apr 27, 2008 10:44 pm

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Pros and cons of the sway bar   Pros and cons of the sway bar EmptySun Apr 27, 2008 11:03 pm

I lost mine, just for experimental purposes. As far as flex goes, it is a tremendous difference. It flexes wayyyyyyyyyyy more without. But for high-speed turns and getting "racey" I put mine back on....The lean factor on high-speed turns, was , shall I say, tightie-whitie!!!!!! It would be nice to have some disco's of some kind so you could have the best of both worlds, and that's what I'm working on now. rebel
Back to top Go down
wareagleguy

wareagleguy

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2008-04-23

PostSubject: Re: Pros and cons of the sway bar   Pros and cons of the sway bar EmptyMon Apr 28, 2008 10:03 am

Most of my riding is slow with crawling through woods and ruff trails. Sounds like removing the sway bar is the thing to do. I think the sway bar is needed for heavy loads which I will do from time to time.

I would like a quick disconnect too!!!
Back to top Go down
Bad Behavior

Bad Behavior

Number of posts : 263
Registration date : 2008-04-03

PostSubject: Re: Pros and cons of the sway bar   Pros and cons of the sway bar EmptyMon Apr 28, 2008 10:23 am

The swaybar doesn't have much to do with handling heavy loads. It basically hooks he left and right sides together, limiting flex and body roll. If you do no high speed running, it would not have any adverse effects. A couple of weeks ago was the first time I really ran at WOT, kinda racing a buddy on his Rhino on a dirt road. The body roll was noticable but not "white knuckle" by any means. I just had to adjust my driving style. I was still drifting it around the turns. I agree that disconnects would be sweet. I had some on a Jeep, and I have some on my fullsize Blazer now. Removing the swaybar make a very noticable difference in flex on the Rhino, although it will still lift a tire here and there in the real rough stuff. I also yanked it off of my Grizzly shortly after I bought it and rode it for 6 years with no bad experiences. Hope this helps... :D
Back to top Go down
nocerisdave
SSXSRider Member
nocerisdave

Number of posts : 5674
Registration date : 2008-01-22

PostSubject: Re: Pros and cons of the sway bar   Pros and cons of the sway bar EmptyMon Apr 28, 2008 7:56 pm

Nice avatar Wareagleguy!!!!!! WDE!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pros and cons of the sway bar   Pros and cons of the sway bar Empty

Back to top Go down

Pros and cons of the sway bar
Page 1 of 1