SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Polaris is coming

Go down 
+34
Smith700
stanthaman
DoddS
muddy-one
Stakk
Clayboy
Foxfire
samiam
RangeRover
bush
hillbillyrzrs
JL@YPKMOTORSPORTS
garnog
Hollon
nitefab
2fast4u
roadiestar
RZRS-EDGE
Big Ed
8ball_99
nocerisdave
ridepate
DirtDawber
GunRunner
Sporto
CatMostFeared
ChrisC
Goose
2Slow4U
Rhino Rob
dixiecop28
stealth
AIRBORNE
Big-R
38 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
RangeRover
SSXSRider Member
RangeRover

Number of posts : 440
Registration date : 2010-12-29

New Polaris is coming - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Polaris is coming   New Polaris is coming - Page 5 EmptySun Jan 02, 2011 5:48 pm

smith700 wrote:
Not too impressive.....I'll stick with a Rhino.

Hey guys, here is my question.......Where has your RZR-S 800 not taken you in the mountains???? Where are you REALLY going to use 88HP if it's not even possible to tow something with it?

I think they might of made it more so for the people on the west coast riding them dunes. Only thing that comes to my mind.
Back to top Go down
AIRBORNE
SSXSRider Member
AIRBORNE

Number of posts : 6266
Registration date : 2008-05-01

PostSubject: Re: New Polaris is coming   New Polaris is coming - Page 5 EmptySun Jan 02, 2011 5:48 pm

roadiestar wrote:
sweet but $16,000 is a lot of money to bang up in the woods.

I agree. By the time you buy a windshield, winch, etc etc, you would have 20k in it. Looks freakin killer though.
Back to top Go down
https://s300.photobucket.com/albums/nn28/AirborneWV/
8ball_99
SSXSRider Member
8ball_99

Number of posts : 1370
Registration date : 2010-05-04

PostSubject: Re: New Polaris is coming   New Polaris is coming - Page 5 EmptySun Jan 02, 2011 7:08 pm

NCxtz wrote:
smith700 wrote:
Not too impressive.....I'll stick with a Rhino.

Hey guys, here is my question.......Where has your RZR-S 800 not taken you in the mountains???? Where are you REALLY going to use 88HP if it's not even possible to tow something with it?

I think they might of made it more so for the people on the west coast riding them dunes. Only thing that comes to my mind.

The Hp is really needed in Dunes. I've been to some smaller dunes up by lake michigan. Those long hills of sand just drag you down. We just rented jeeps when we were there. But the one I was in only had 4k miles on it and it would just crawl by the time you got to the top lol. Have you ever watched some of the video's of stock RZRs at dunes? A lot of times they can't even make some of the big hills and have to turn around. If you loose to much speed you will just dig in and get stuck or you will roll when you go to turn.

Even with no sand though I'd love 88Hp.. Sure I don't need it. But it would be fun.. Sure most trails you wouldn't be able to use it. You would have it when you could though.
Back to top Go down
Smith700
SSXSRider Member

Number of posts : 2713
Registration date : 2009-08-21

PostSubject: Re: New Polaris is coming   New Polaris is coming - Page 5 EmptySun Jan 02, 2011 9:15 pm

Again....there is no place to use that much power in the woods anyway.
Back to top Go down
AIRBORNE
SSXSRider Member
AIRBORNE

PostSubject: Re: New Polaris is coming   New Polaris is coming - Page 5 EmptySun Jan 02, 2011 9:24 pm

smith700 wrote:
Again....there is no place to use that much power in the woods anyway.
There are plenty places I have ridden you could use it. Harts, WV is one of them. There are plenty of long gas line climbs and tons and tons of old logging and coal roads.
Back to top Go down
hillbillyrzrs
SSXSRider Member
hillbillyrzrs

Number of posts : 366
Registration date : 2008-11-11

PostSubject: Re: New Polaris is coming   New Polaris is coming - Page 5 EmptySun Jan 02, 2011 9:26 pm

That's right LT, I would rather have it and not need it than need it and not have it. No substitute for HP.
Back to top Go down
Hollon
SSXSRider Member
Hollon

Number of posts : 1427
Registration date : 2009-06-13

PostSubject: Re: New Polaris is coming   New Polaris is coming - Page 5 EmptySun Jan 02, 2011 9:43 pm

totally agree, I would like about double what I have already and then once I get use to driving it we can double it again..... I like that it comes wit 27" tires out of the box.
Back to top Go down
Smith700
SSXSRider Member

PostSubject: Re: New Polaris is coming   New Polaris is coming - Page 5 EmptySun Jan 02, 2011 11:29 pm

Well on the gas line hill climbs, are you going to be doing 70+mph??? NO..........
Will a 800 Twin H.O. motor not get up the hill??
Back to top Go down
nocerisdave
SSXSRider Member
nocerisdave

Number of posts : 5674
Registration date : 2008-01-22

PostSubject: Re: New Polaris is coming   New Polaris is coming - Page 5 EmptySun Jan 02, 2011 11:33 pm

Goose wrote:
NCxtz wrote:
Sure was a lot of hype going on these last two weeks about what it was going to be. Just remember you can only go so fast in the woods.....
Roger that XTZ

Its not always about straight line speed.....its how fast you get there, IMO.
Back to top Go down
ridepate
SSXSRider Staff
ridepate

Number of posts : 6409
Registration date : 2009-04-23

PostSubject: Re: New Polaris is coming   New Polaris is coming - Page 5 EmptyMon Jan 03, 2011 12:20 am

. "A fool with Horsepower, That don't know how to use it, Is a Fool" John Force.........
Back to top Go down
bush
SSXSRider Staff
bush

Number of posts : 6141
Registration date : 2008-06-06

PostSubject: Re: New Polaris is coming   New Polaris is coming - Page 5 EmptyMon Jan 03, 2011 12:53 am

smith700 wrote:
Well on the gas line hill climbs, are you going to be doing 70+mph??? NO..........

why such a hater. you can never have to much HP.
why did you build the motor on your rhino? you wanted more power!!
thatsright
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/bushrhino
AIRBORNE
SSXSRider Member
AIRBORNE

PostSubject: Re: New Polaris is coming   New Polaris is coming - Page 5 EmptyMon Jan 03, 2011 7:15 am

smith700 wrote:

No, I may not go 70mph, but I would surely be throwing some dirt. My 800 takes me anywhere I want to go, that is when trees don't jump in my way. spank

As far as you saying that is not impressive, I don't know what you were watching, but I sure liked what I saw. I don't see your Rhino performing like that, and with all the work and stuff you have, I bet you have WAY more money invested than the 15,999 MSRP on this XP RZR.

Back to top Go down
RZRS-EDGE
SUPER P
RZRS-EDGE

Number of posts : 1163
Registration date : 2009-06-04

PostSubject: Re: New Polaris is coming   New Polaris is coming - Page 5 EmptyMon Jan 03, 2011 8:32 am

There will be a few trails it will be tight on but in general
I think it be just great. Redneck's RZRS is 65 wide and
he's rode VA City,Evarts and Windrock.

Also Rath Racing has talked about 0 offset wheels that
would bring it back to 60.5 Then you would just have
to deal with those wings (fender flare's)
Back to top Go down
roadiestar

roadiestar

Number of posts : 842
Registration date : 2008-01-25

PostSubject: Re: New Polaris is coming   New Polaris is coming - Page 5 EmptyMon Jan 03, 2011 11:30 am

I can rip the plastic off a RZR XP as easily as I do on my Teryx. You can never have to much power, just because it has more power don't mean you have to go faster.
Back to top Go down
GunRunner
SSXSRider Member
GunRunner

Number of posts : 5296

PostSubject: Re: New Polaris is coming   New Polaris is coming - Page 5 EmptyMon Jan 03, 2011 12:35 pm

Big-R wrote:
DoddS wrote:
I'm around 63"s and I dont have any problem on tight trails. I'd like to try one of the new 900's but its not going to happen. I'll just keep my old beater and ride on.

Dodd, I would guess you are no less then 62-1/2". Most off-set wheels for the rzr are a 4-3. That would add 2" to your over all width.

Id bet dodds is closer to 61.5 -62'' just because mine with the same offset wheels as his was a tad less than 62 because of the racer tech lift, as you lift a rzr the wheels draw inward some. on a non lifted S the 4.3 would put you at 62.5 being stock S is 60.5'' and the 4.3 offset adds one inch to the outside of each wheel. I like the power and the rest from the behind the seats forward is standard rzr S other than the front a-arms,so all those with doors or other things could still use that stuff. basically they just stretched the rear portion of the frame so it would hold the bored out sportsman 850 motor and added the trailing arm suspension. what i dont like is the rear axles and a-arms are so exposed and unprotected. A good ride at brimestone would probably destroy that stuff unless you were real careful. Its obvious this was built for the sand and desert areas, but thats what polaris intended for the S too so im sure we will see them turn up in the woods. Then we can tell if the extra cost is worth it to have one. I doubt these will go anywhere our S models cant, but it will be fun to see!
Back to top Go down
http://southernrzrriders.com
Smith700
SSXSRider Member

PostSubject: Re: New Polaris is coming   New Polaris is coming - Page 5 EmptyMon Jan 03, 2011 1:28 pm

I say it's not impressive, because they advertised it as " A whole new class of SxS. And there is only 2 changes from the RZR-S, The 900cc motor, and the suspension changes. Other than that, they didn't do any more changes than the 2011S-800 had.

Back to top Go down
AIRBORNE
SSXSRider Member
AIRBORNE

PostSubject: Re: New Polaris is coming   New Polaris is coming - Page 5 EmptyMon Jan 03, 2011 1:53 pm

True, it is not really a whole new class. I am not sure where they came up with that. I agree too Gunny, it does look like it would not be made to take a beating like some of us give our machines. I noticed my EMP front a-arm guard must have taken a direct hit because it was dented bad. I can't see the rear setup on the new RZR standing up to that at all.
Back to top Go down
hillbillyrzrs
SSXSRider Member
hillbillyrzrs

Number of posts : 366
Registration date : 2008-11-11

PostSubject: Re: New Polaris is coming   New Polaris is coming - Page 5 EmptyMon Jan 03, 2011 2:15 pm

Sounds like Smith700 is a little mad, you just keep waiting for Yamaha to step up to the plate. Don't be mad at Polaris because they aren't afraid to step up. If you can't beat them why don't you just join them.
Back to top Go down
ChrisC
SSXSRider Member
ChrisC

Number of posts : 5483
Registration date : 2008-06-30

PostSubject: Re: New Polaris is coming   New Polaris is coming - Page 5 EmptyMon Jan 03, 2011 3:32 pm

thatsright Thats what we did , we joined them.
and never looked back. one day little Smith will wise up
and do the same. until then he will just have to be Mad... lol!
Back to top Go down
Smith700
SSXSRider Member

PostSubject: Re: New Polaris is coming   New Polaris is coming - Page 5 EmptyMon Jan 03, 2011 6:50 pm

I am not mad at all........I don't see where you are coming up with that.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: New Polaris is coming   New Polaris is coming - Page 5 EmptyMon Jan 03, 2011 7:40 pm

it is a real nice machine but i just dont see it any better than some of the rzrs you guys have already.big r and dodds is a better machine in my opinion.i am sure some of yall have better machines also but i have seen there machines in action and i dont see any other sxs on the market that could beat there machines in all around conditions
Back to top Go down
8ball_99
SSXSRider Member
8ball_99

Number of posts : 1370
Registration date : 2010-05-04

PostSubject: Re: New Polaris is coming   New Polaris is coming - Page 5 EmptyMon Jan 03, 2011 7:43 pm

I think the whole new class is because it has a trailing arm rear suspension. Thats not ground breaking but this is the first SxS to have it. Figure that plus 14" of wheel travel combined with 88Hp. So it sorta is a whole new class of SxS.

My truck has 384Hp and will do 115Mph. Now do I really need a truck that will do 115 and has almost 400 hp?..Not really but I sure do like it :) The biggest plus with the new 900 motor isn't that it will run 75. Its that the extra 33Hp should get you going much faster.. I know I put the pedal to the floor in my little 800 constantly.
Back to top Go down
DoddS
SSXSRider Member
DoddS

Number of posts : 684
Registration date : 2008-01-26

PostSubject: Re: New Polaris is coming   New Polaris is coming - Page 5 EmptyMon Jan 03, 2011 7:55 pm

Quote :
I am not mad at all........I don't see where you are coming up with that.

He's coming up with that because you NEVER stop WHINING about, "you dont need power to trail ride", "you cant go 70 in the woods", bla bla bla. I'm glad you like your Rhino. I'm happy it does what YOU want it to do. But there are a few of us that dont ride gravel roads and we need power, wheel speed and torque to make it where we ride. If you dont like it cool but I for one am tired of hearing it!
Back to top Go down
4x4pac

4x4pac

Number of posts : 475
Registration date : 2009-06-03

PostSubject: Re: New Polaris is coming   New Polaris is coming - Page 5 EmptyMon Jan 03, 2011 8:31 pm

New Polaris is coming - Page 5 2mg17oj
Back to top Go down
http://www.4x4pac.com
nocerisdave
SSXSRider Member
nocerisdave

Number of posts : 5674

PostSubject: Re: New Polaris is coming   New Polaris is coming - Page 5 EmptyMon Jan 03, 2011 9:45 pm

When I had the Rhino I also thought how much more power could I need. Then.....I raced against 7-10 RZR's, in six different races, and understood. I could easily hang with them in tight woods until the short straits came along, they smoked me. Its NOT about wide arse open speed, some of the time, it IS about how fast you get there. This is why there are more than one size dirt bike and wheelers.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Polaris is coming   New Polaris is coming - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

New Polaris is coming
Page 5 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next