SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Polaris is coming

Go down 
+34
Smith700
stanthaman
DoddS
muddy-one
Stakk
Clayboy
Foxfire
samiam
RangeRover
bush
hillbillyrzrs
JL@YPKMOTORSPORTS
garnog
Hollon
nitefab
2fast4u
roadiestar
RZRS-EDGE
Big Ed
8ball_99
nocerisdave
ridepate
DirtDawber
GunRunner
Sporto
CatMostFeared
ChrisC
Goose
2Slow4U
Rhino Rob
dixiecop28
stealth
AIRBORNE
Big-R
38 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

Number of posts : 16074
Registration date : 2008-02-26

New Polaris is coming - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Polaris is coming   New Polaris is coming - Page 3 EmptyThu Dec 30, 2010 8:47 pm

nitefab wrote:
Just found on the c.a.r.b. website polaris new motor 875cc 65Kw or 87.9hp so the engine is revealed
address
http://www.arb.ca.gov/msprog/onroad/cert/ofhrv/ofmcatv_comply/2011/polaris_sv_um0130083_875.pdf

Yep, that would be the engine!!!! Polaris is stepping up to the plate again.
Back to top Go down
Hollon
SSXSRider Member
Hollon

Number of posts : 1427
Registration date : 2009-06-13

PostSubject: Re: New Polaris is coming   New Polaris is coming - Page 3 EmptyThu Dec 30, 2010 8:51 pm

I may have to sue Polaris for causing my divorce. LOL
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

PostSubject: Re: New Polaris is coming   New Polaris is coming - Page 3 EmptyThu Dec 30, 2010 8:57 pm

Hollon wrote:
I may have to sue Polaris for causing my divorce. LOL

lol!

Back to top Go down
8ball_99
SSXSRider Member
8ball_99

Number of posts : 1370
Registration date : 2010-05-04

PostSubject: Re: New Polaris is coming   New Polaris is coming - Page 3 EmptyFri Dec 31, 2010 12:08 pm

Wow they went up 32 HP.. Thats more then I figured. If they keep the weight down close to what a RZR is its going to be pretty dern fast.. Wonder what the overall width and length is going to be.
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

PostSubject: Re: New Polaris is coming   New Polaris is coming - Page 3 EmptyFri Dec 31, 2010 4:29 pm

8ball_99 wrote:
Wow they went up 32 HP.. Thats more then I figured. If they keep the weight down close to what a RZR is its going to be pretty dern fast.. Wonder what the overall width and length is going to be.

I bet 63-1/2" wide. A full 6.5 long travel. The new class..... First stock race SxS. That is my guess.
Back to top Go down
8ball_99
SSXSRider Member
8ball_99

Number of posts : 1370
Registration date : 2010-05-04

PostSubject: Re: New Polaris is coming   New Polaris is coming - Page 3 EmptyFri Dec 31, 2010 10:09 pm

I hope so cause then I won't want one lol. I'm pretty happy at 58" wide. I've got a buddy that's 66. Even with 900 dollar power steering he has a lot of trouble in spots.
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

PostSubject: Re: New Polaris is coming   New Polaris is coming - Page 3 EmptyFri Dec 31, 2010 11:50 pm

8ball_99 wrote:
I hope so cause then I won't want one lol. I'm pretty happy at 58" wide. I've got a buddy that's 66. Even with 900 dollar power steering he has a lot of trouble in spots.

Yeah, it would make it easy on me too. I really don't want my any wider either.
Back to top Go down
Hollon
SSXSRider Member
Hollon

PostSubject: Re: New Polaris is coming   New Polaris is coming - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 01, 2011 12:10 am

didnt take long for the new xp 900 to shut down the Polaris website
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

PostSubject: Re: New Polaris is coming   New Polaris is coming - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 01, 2011 12:20 am

RANGER RZR XP 900 Offers Razor Sharp Xtreme Performance

New Polaris is coming - Page 3 SIX2324_0861_rgb

To ring in the New Year, the RANGER RZR family welcomes a whole new class of Side x Side, introducing the RANGER RZR XP 900!

The RANGER RZR has the only family of Sport Side x Sides with Razor Sharp Performance for all types of recreation. It all started in 2008 when Polaris introduced the only trail-capable Side x Side, the RANGER RZR 800. In 2009, came the only true-sport Side x Side, the RANGER RZR S 800. With the introduction of the RANGER RZR 4 800 in 2010, Polaris introduced the world’s only four-seat sport Side-by-Side. For 2011, the family adds the RANGER RZR XP 900, a whole new class of Side x Side that continues to offer the ultimate combination of power, suspension and agility and takes it to the extreme.

Built for razor-sharp, Xtreme performance, the RANGER RZR XP 900 has a new 88 horsepower, 900 Twin, Electronic Fuel Injected (EFI) engine, a new 3-Link Trailing Arm Independent Rear Suspension (IRS) with 13-inches of ground clearance and 14-inches of travel, and is light weight with a low center of gravity for unmatched cornering. These features make the RANGER RZR XP 900 the only extreme performance Side x Side on the market.

“The RANGER RZR family delivers the ultimate combination of power, suspension and agility,” said Matt Homan, vice president and general manager of Polaris’ Off-Road Vehicles Division. “When we set out to design the RANGER RZR XP 900, we wanted to create a ground-breaking, high performance vehicle to complement our current, best-selling RANGER RZR line. The result is simply incredible.”

The ultimate combination of power, suspension and agility starts with power. At the heart of the RANGER RZR XP 900 is the all-new, 88 horsepower ProStar™ 900 Twin EFI engine that was built specifically for an extreme-performance Side x Side. The engine features Dual OverHead Cams (DOHC), four big valves per cylinder and a 180-degree crankshaft for balanced performance and fast throttle response for groundbreaking acceleration. The combination of 88 horsepower with the vehicle’s light weight provides acceleration that is 29-percent quicker than the next quickest Side x Side on the market.

To complement the potent power plant, the RANGER RZR XP 900 features an all-new, lightweight, compact and durable transmission, also designed specifically for extreme Side x Side performance. Efficiency has been maximized by eliminating all right angle drives to the rear axle resulting in less friction and more power delivered directly to the rear wheels. And, the simple and efficient design also provides a very quiet transmission.

In order to handle the massive power of the new engine and keep the ride smooth, Polaris designed the all-new, 3-Link Trailing Arm IRS. The 3-link design consists of two extra-long radius rods and a far forward-connecting trailing arm resulting in a strong, yet lightweight system. The RANGER RZR XP 900 also is outfitted with adjustable, premium 2-inch body Fox Podium X 2.0 shocks. Its monstrous 14-inches of terrain-absorbing rear travel and 13.5-inches of front travel soak up the rough stuff and deliver a smooth, precise ride, while its astounding 13-inches of ground clearance gives the machine the ability to tackle any obstacle in its way.

For razor-sharp agility, RANGER RZR XP 900 has no equal. Even with its incredible ground clearance, the unit still features a low center of gravity for the ultimate ride over rough terrain. The patented, engine-behind-the-seat design and rear weight bias deliver extreme, razor-sharp agility and performance, while the race-inspired rear suspension maximizes traction and power in the corners. To provide precise cornering, the suspension’s radius rods extend deep into the wheel hubs and feature an uneven link geometry that optimizes camber. Tires lean into the corner through the suspension travel, and plant more tire surface on the ground for maximum control. The trailing arms also minimize wheel scrub for superior straight-away power to help the driver stay true to line.

A premium vehicle needs premium features, and the RANGER RZR XP 900 has many. The machine features the industry’s first factory LED headlights that shine a high-intensity beam to turn night into day and throw light forward beyond conventional halogens. For ultimate stopping power, the RANGER RZR XP 900 has performance brake calipers and large diameter, ventilated rotors on all four wheels. To complement the new suspension, the RANGER RZR XP 900 is outfitted with completely adjustable Fox Podium X 2.0 shocks on all four wheels. The Fox Podium X 2.0 shocks have a 2-inch body with piggyback reservoirs that provide adjustable pre-load and compression dampening. For high performance riding, ITP 900 XCT tires provide a unique, directional lug pattern for exceptional cornering and straight-line traction capabilities. To maximize cooling capacity, the unit features a massive grill opening and a front air dam for improved air flow. For safety, the RANGER RZR XP 900 has a certified roll-over protective structure (ROPS).

The RANGER RZR XP 900 is offered in Indy Red and a White Lightening limited edition model, and will be available at Polaris dealerships in January. More than 70 PURE Polaris accessories, including cargo boxes, winches and protection also will be available at launch.

New Polaris is coming - Page 3 SIX2324_1330_a_rgb

New Polaris is coming - Page 3 SIX2324_2175_rgb

New Polaris is coming - Page 3 SIX2324_2582_rgb

New Polaris is coming - Page 3 SIX2324_2648_b_rgb

Last edited by Big-R on Sat Jan 01, 2011 1:15 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
garnog

Number of posts : 117
Registration date : 2008-10-11

PostSubject: Re: New Polaris is coming   New Polaris is coming - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 01, 2011 12:28 am

I saw the vid. Bad azz.
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

PostSubject: Re: New Polaris is coming   New Polaris is coming - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 01, 2011 12:32 am

Engine Type 4-Stroke DOHC Twin Cylinder
Displacement 875cc
Fuel System Electronic Fuel Injection
Cooling Liquid

Drivetrain
Transmission/Final Drive Automatic PVT P/R/N/L/H; Shaft
Drive System On-Demand True AWD/2WD

Suspension
Front Suspension Dual A-Arm Fox Podium X 2.0 (comp adjust/res.) 13.5" (34.3 cm) Travel
Rear Suspension Trailing Arm Fox Podium X 2.0 (comp adjust/res.) 14" (35.6 cm) Travel

Brakes
Front/Rear Brakes 4-Wheel Hydraulic Disc with Dual-Bore Front Calipers
Parking Brake Park in Transmission

Tires Wheels
Front Tires / Model 27 x 9-12; ITP 900 XCT
Rear Tires / Model 27 x 11-12; ITP 900 XCT
Wheels Cast Aluminum

Dimensions
Wheelbase 81.4" (206.8 cm)
Dry Weight 1,190 lbs. (539.8 kg)
Overall Vehicle Size (LxWxH) 108.4" x 64" x 73" (275.3 x 162.6 x 185.4 cm)
Ground Clearance 13" (33.0 cm)

Capacities
Fuel Capacity 7.25 gal (27.4 L)
Bed Box Dimensions (LxWxH) 23 x 38 x 10" (58.4 x 96.5 x 25.4 cm)
Box Capacity N.A./300 lb (136.1 kg)
Payload Capacity 740 lb (335.6 kg)
Hitch Towing Rating N.A.
Hitch/Type None

Features
Cargo System Lock & Ride
Lighting White LED, High/Low
Electronic Power Steering Not Equipped
Instrumentation Digital Gauge, Speedometer, Odometer, Tachometer, Tripmeter, Hour Meter, Clock, Gear Indicator, Fuel Gauge, Hi-Temp/Low-Batt Lights, Coolant Temp, DC Outlet
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

PostSubject: Re: New Polaris is coming   New Polaris is coming - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 01, 2011 12:38 am

Back to top Go down
GunRunner
SSXSRider Member
GunRunner

Number of posts : 5296
Registration date : 2008-01-22

PostSubject: Re: New Polaris is coming   New Polaris is coming - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 01, 2011 12:48 am

cool ride, but 64'' is too wide for the trails of brimestone,windrock and others we ride, 1200 pounds too. the sand boys will love it! The canam just got ownedsm big time. you got to give polaris sac, there video just plain says if it aint a rzr its a CandyAss New Polaris is coming - Page 3 13435
Back to top Go down
http://southernrzrriders.com
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

PostSubject: Re: New Polaris is coming   New Polaris is coming - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 01, 2011 12:51 am

GunRunner wrote:
cool ride, but 64'' is too wide for the trails of brimestone,windrock and others we ride, 1200 pounds too. the sand boys will love it!

I think you can get around in the trails. It would be very tight. I don't want my machine 64". Also, 1200 pounds is not that heavy with 88hp pushing it.
Back to top Go down
GunRunner
SSXSRider Member
GunRunner

Number of posts : 5296
Registration date : 2008-01-22

PostSubject: Re: New Polaris is coming   New Polaris is coming - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 01, 2011 12:54 am

you aint going on a lot of the trails of brimestone with 64'' without a chainsaw thatsright
Back to top Go down
http://southernrzrriders.com
JL@YPKMOTORSPORTS

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2010-04-26

PostSubject: Re: New Polaris is coming   New Polaris is coming - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 01, 2011 12:57 am

YES ITS TRUE 88HP 3LINK TRAILING ARM REAR SUSPENSION 14PLUS INCH TRAVEL $16K FOR RZRXP 900 RED OR $16500 WHITE PAINTED. MAN THIS LOOKS AWESOME. JUST 3.5" WIDER AND ABOUT 150LB. HEAVIER I'M IN thatsright
Back to top Go down
http://YPKMOTORSPORTS.COM
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

PostSubject: Re: New Polaris is coming   New Polaris is coming - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 01, 2011 1:00 am

GunRunner wrote:
you aint going on a lot of the trails of brimestone with 64'' without a chainsaw thatsright

There is only one trail that I think you could not make it and that is the rock bridge trail. Other then that.... yeah you can make the red trails. I would know because I ride them..... Laughing
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

PostSubject: Re: New Polaris is coming   New Polaris is coming - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 01, 2011 1:03 am

JL@YPKMOTORSPORTS wrote:
YES ITS TRUE 88HP 3LINK TRAILING ARM REAR SUSPENSION 14PLUS INCH TRAVEL $16K FOR RZRXP 900 RED OR $16500 WHITE PAINTED. MAN THIS LOOKS AWESOME. JUST 3.5" WIDER AND ABOUT 150LB. HEAVIER I'M IN thatsright

I like it but I am not going to rush out and buy one. I have a nice set up with my 820 big bore that is 60-1/2" wide.

It is a monster though!!!!
Back to top Go down
Hollon
SSXSRider Member
Hollon

PostSubject: Re: New Polaris is coming   New Polaris is coming - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 01, 2011 1:03 am

Im 64.5 already and I ride Brimstone.
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

PostSubject: Re: New Polaris is coming   New Polaris is coming - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 01, 2011 1:08 am

Hollon wrote:
Im 64.5 already and I ride Brimstone.

I bought my rhino because all the forum guys told me 60"'s was WAY TO WIDE..... lol!
Back to top Go down
hillbillyrzrs
SSXSRider Member
hillbillyrzrs

Number of posts : 366
Registration date : 2008-11-11

PostSubject: Re: New Polaris is coming   New Polaris is coming - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 01, 2011 1:38 am

Man I sure feel sorry for all those guys that bought a Can-AM thinking they were the horsepower kings.
Back to top Go down
2fast4u

2fast4u

Number of posts : 88
Registration date : 2010-06-27

PostSubject: Re: New Polaris is coming   New Polaris is coming - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 01, 2011 2:27 am

Big-R wrote:

Here was a Kitty Kat ...
[/quote]
Back to top Go down
http:// www.MAGOffroad.com
bush
SSXSRider Staff
bush

Number of posts : 6141
Registration date : 2008-06-06

PostSubject: Re: New Polaris is coming   New Polaris is coming - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 01, 2011 5:48 am

think i will get one. Smiles
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/bushrhino
RangeRover
SSXSRider Member
RangeRover

Number of posts : 440
Registration date : 2010-12-29

PostSubject: Re: New Polaris is coming   New Polaris is coming - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 01, 2011 7:16 am

Sure was a lot of hype going on these last two weeks about what it was going to be. Just remember you can only go so fast in the woods.....
Back to top Go down
roadiestar

roadiestar

Number of posts : 842
Registration date : 2008-01-25

PostSubject: Re: New Polaris is coming   New Polaris is coming - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 01, 2011 8:41 am

sweet but $16,000 is a lot of money to bang up in the woods.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Polaris is coming   New Polaris is coming - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

New Polaris is coming
Page 3 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next