SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Polaris is coming

Go down 
+34
Smith700
stanthaman
DoddS
muddy-one
Stakk
Clayboy
Foxfire
samiam
RangeRover
bush
hillbillyrzrs
JL@YPKMOTORSPORTS
garnog
Hollon
nitefab
2fast4u
roadiestar
RZRS-EDGE
Big Ed
8ball_99
nocerisdave
ridepate
DirtDawber
GunRunner
Sporto
CatMostFeared
ChrisC
Goose
2Slow4U
Rhino Rob
dixiecop28
stealth
AIRBORNE
Big-R
38 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
garnog

Number of posts : 117
Registration date : 2008-10-11

New Polaris is coming - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Polaris is coming   New Polaris is coming - Page 4 EmptySat Jan 01, 2011 8:47 am

hillbillyrzrs wrote:
Man I sure feel sorry for all those guys that bought a Can-AM thinking they were the horsepower kings.

Why?. So far they have only been pencil whipped.
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

Number of posts : 16074
Registration date : 2008-02-26

PostSubject: Re: New Polaris is coming   New Polaris is coming - Page 4 EmptySat Jan 01, 2011 8:55 am

roadiestar wrote:
sweet but $16,000 is a lot of money to bang up in the woods.

Yeah but there is many of us that have that in our machines and we bang them up anyways beat
Back to top Go down
samiam
SSXSRider Member
samiam

Number of posts : 849
Registration date : 2010-02-16

PostSubject: Re: New Polaris is coming   New Polaris is coming - Page 4 EmptySat Jan 01, 2011 9:34 am

FOR SALE: 2010 RZR S
Back to top Go down
Foxfire
SSXSRider Member
Foxfire

Number of posts : 6060
Registration date : 2008-04-01

PostSubject: Re: New Polaris is coming   New Polaris is coming - Page 4 EmptySat Jan 01, 2011 10:14 am

2fast4u wrote:
Big-R wrote:

Here was a Kitty Kat ...
[/quote]

Looks to me like the Cat is still "Faster"......I saw 80 mph.
Back to top Go down
Hollon
SSXSRider Member
Hollon

Number of posts : 1427
Registration date : 2009-06-13

PostSubject: Re: New Polaris is coming   New Polaris is coming - Page 4 EmptySat Jan 01, 2011 10:59 am

thatsright pot Prowler winner2
Back to top Go down
8ball_99
SSXSRider Member
8ball_99

Number of posts : 1370
Registration date : 2010-05-04

PostSubject: Re: New Polaris is coming   New Polaris is coming - Page 4 EmptySat Jan 01, 2011 12:30 pm

You guys ready to jump ship might want to really look at the rear suspension. That 3 point with the rear trailer arm is great for soaking up bumps at speed. In rocks though it will cause real problems.. The arm will ride the rock lifting the tire off the ground.. It also will take a lot of abuse around here were we slide over stuff constantly.. I really think this machine was made with open desert and dunes in mind.. Not rock crawling and mud.

My buddy rides brimestone and he is 66" wide. He fits on most of it. It does cause him a lot of problems and he doesn't like riding the twisty trails in woods. On trail 5 or 3 he can out run me. Once we get on tight trails I'm on his bumper wishing he would move lol.

I do like that new motor though. LED headlights are kinda of cool also. If we had dunes that suspension would be awesome..
Back to top Go down
RZRS-EDGE
SUPER P
RZRS-EDGE

Number of posts : 1163
Registration date : 2009-06-04

PostSubject: Re: New Polaris is coming   New Polaris is coming - Page 4 EmptySat Jan 01, 2011 3:56 pm

bush wrote:
think i will get one. Smiles
cheers drive drive
Back to top Go down
Goose
SSXSRider Member
Goose

Number of posts : 2971
Registration date : 2010-03-15

PostSubject: Re: New Polaris is coming   New Polaris is coming - Page 4 EmptySat Jan 01, 2011 4:42 pm

Speed!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

PostSubject: Re: New Polaris is coming   New Polaris is coming - Page 4 EmptySat Jan 01, 2011 7:33 pm

8ball_99 wrote:
You guys ready to jump ship might want to really look at the rear suspension. That 3 point with the rear trailer arm is great for soaking up bumps at speed. In rocks though it will cause real problems.. The arm will ride the rock lifting the tire off the ground.. It also will take a lot of abuse around here were we slide over stuff constantly.. I really think this machine was made with open desert and dunes in mind.. Not rock crawling and mud.

My buddy rides brimestone and he is 66" wide. He fits on most of it. It does cause him a lot of problems and he doesn't like riding the twisty trails in woods. On trail 5 or 3 he can out run me. Once we get on tight trails I'm on his bumper wishing he would move lol.

I do like that new motor though. LED headlights are kinda of cool also. If we had dunes that suspension would be awesome..

I feel the same way about the trail arm. It looks like it would hit before you wheels.
Back to top Go down
GunRunner
SSXSRider Member
GunRunner

Number of posts : 5296
Registration date : 2008-01-22

PostSubject: Re: New Polaris is coming   New Polaris is coming - Page 4 EmptySat Jan 01, 2011 7:39 pm

I think polaris got it 100% for wide open spaces and smooth rocks like moab, not sold on the rear setup, i think also it would not work as good where we ride but it will take us seeing one there to really tell. 64'' is wide for brimestone and windrock but doable most places, like bigr said the tress past the rock bridge would be a tight squeeze lol! Also with bigger motor they should have added a bigger gas tank but it has the same 7.2 gallon tank all rzrs have. I love it, but not for me anytime soon, i want to see them in person and see how they do and hold up.
Back to top Go down
http://southernrzrriders.com
Clayboy
SSXSRider Member
Clayboy

Number of posts : 1861

PostSubject: Re: New Polaris is coming   New Polaris is coming - Page 4 EmptySat Jan 01, 2011 7:52 pm

You can sign me up,,,,,,, I was planning on looking at a new machine late summer or fall so if this is still the biggest and baddest then I will bring one home. Just have to make sure my J-strong top will fit on it. thatsright
Back to top Go down
Stakk

Stakk

Number of posts : 482
Registration date : 2009-01-10

PostSubject: Re: New Polaris is coming   New Polaris is coming - Page 4 EmptySat Jan 01, 2011 7:56 pm

Just a friendly research question here......so the general consensus is 64 inches is too wide for East coast woods trails? what then is the absolute max width you would accept and buy no questions asked...(Bear in mind with speed, comes stability requirements) so 60, 61, 62, or 63 inches at the widest point? please let me know.
Back to top Go down
Clayboy
SSXSRider Member
Clayboy

Number of posts : 1861

PostSubject: Re: New Polaris is coming   New Polaris is coming - Page 4 EmptySat Jan 01, 2011 8:01 pm

The first time I saw a RZR-S was at Brimstone and I laughed cause I thought it would be too wide to fit on the trails there. Boy was I wrong! I'll try a 64" machine anyday. I would prefer my machine to be around 54"ish, but will go for the power anyday.
Back to top Go down
muddy-one
SSXSRider Member
muddy-one

Number of posts : 547
Registration date : 2009-09-20

PostSubject: Re: New Polaris is coming   New Polaris is coming - Page 4 EmptySat Jan 01, 2011 8:20 pm

Rath racing claim they have a bold on kit in the works to narrow it back to 60". We will have to see.
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

PostSubject: Re: New Polaris is coming   New Polaris is coming - Page 4 EmptySat Jan 01, 2011 8:22 pm

Yeah I am with Clay on this. I always thought 60" was to wide for our type of riding. When the RZRS first hit the market I said it will not fit in our woods. I was wrong.

60" has not made much of a difference then my 56" wide Rhino. Or maybe I am just use to the width. So I would try 64". I would prefer 60" width because I know it fits.
Back to top Go down
Stakk

Stakk

Number of posts : 482
Registration date : 2009-01-10

PostSubject: Re: New Polaris is coming   New Polaris is coming - Page 4 EmptySat Jan 01, 2011 10:01 pm

So, seems like 60 inches maybe 62 is the ideal for stability and still being able to get around without much hassle........there is roll over standards guys so the guys wishing for the new engine and 70mph speed in the standard 50 inch RZR that just isnt gonna happen, sorry it isn't.
Back to top Go down
samiam
SSXSRider Member
samiam

Number of posts : 849
Registration date : 2010-02-16

PostSubject: Re: New Polaris is coming   New Polaris is coming - Page 4 EmptySat Jan 01, 2011 10:08 pm

I can't count the times I've heard that the "S" will not make it up a certain trail only to prove without difficulty that it not only made it, but did it easier.
Back to top Go down
DoddS
SSXSRider Member
DoddS

Number of posts : 684
Registration date : 2008-01-26

PostSubject: Re: New Polaris is coming   New Polaris is coming - Page 4 EmptySun Jan 02, 2011 7:55 am

I'm around 63"s and I dont have any problem on tight trails. I'd like to try one of the new 900's but its not going to happen. I'll just keep my old beater and ride on.
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

PostSubject: Re: New Polaris is coming   New Polaris is coming - Page 4 EmptySun Jan 02, 2011 9:19 am

DoddS wrote:
I'm around 63"s and I dont have any problem on tight trails. I'd like to try one of the new 900's but its not going to happen. I'll just keep my old beater and ride on.

Dodd, I would guess you are no less then 62-1/2". Most off-set wheels for the rzr are a 4-3. That would add 2" to your over all width.

Back to top Go down
8ball_99
SSXSRider Member
8ball_99

Number of posts : 1370
Registration date : 2010-05-04

PostSubject: Re: New Polaris is coming   New Polaris is coming - Page 4 EmptySun Jan 02, 2011 11:51 am

I don't think 64" is a deal breaker it will just make you work more in tight trails. Like I said earlier, I've got a buddy who is 66" and he rides brimestone. It does cause him some trouble though and he is trying to narrow his up. I've even had to cut a tree down to get him unstuck lol He is in the process of trading someone his aftermarket rims for some stockers even steven because he doesnt' want to be so wide. He bought a plus 6" cause he got a super deal. He has said probably a dozen times he wishes he had a plus four like mine. The Extra width helps in some places hurts in others. There is already talk of a couple different kits to narrow them up so I'm sure it won't be an issue for long. Pretty expensive though to buy a 16k machine then buy a suspension kit to narrow it up!

As far as that being to much power in a 50" I don't buy it.. Quads have no protection for the rider at all but have much higher power to weight.. A can am 800 weights what 650-700Lbs and has 70 Plus HP stock. A sportsman 800 or 850 is not hard to roll over at all. Much easier then a RZR. Heck years ago I rolled my uncles polaris 400 first time I got on it cause I was use to my honda 300..
Really though by looking at the new motor I'm not sure it will even fit in the 50" with out clearance issues.
Back to top Go down
Goose
SSXSRider Member
Goose

Number of posts : 2971
Registration date : 2010-03-15

PostSubject: Re: New Polaris is coming   New Polaris is coming - Page 4 EmptySun Jan 02, 2011 12:17 pm

NCxtz wrote:
Sure was a lot of hype going on these last two weeks about what it was going to be. Just remember you can only go so fast in the woods.....
Roger that XTZ
Back to top Go down
stanthaman

stanthaman

Number of posts : 224
Registration date : 2010-12-12

PostSubject: Re: New Polaris is coming   New Polaris is coming - Page 4 EmptySun Jan 02, 2011 12:20 pm

Just get 50 hp nitrous and hammer!!! lol!
Back to top Go down
garnog

Number of posts : 117
Registration date : 2008-10-11

PostSubject: Re: New Polaris is coming   New Polaris is coming - Page 4 EmptySun Jan 02, 2011 3:33 pm

RZRS-EDGE wrote:

I would like to see them come out with a similar one
to the one JAGGEDX built on the show (destination Polaris)

That was a sweet machine!
Back to top Go down
Smith700
SSXSRider Member

Number of posts : 2713
Registration date : 2009-08-21

PostSubject: Re: New Polaris is coming   New Polaris is coming - Page 4 EmptySun Jan 02, 2011 4:55 pm

Not too impressive.....I'll stick with a Rhino.

Hey guys, here is my question.......Where has your RZR-S 800 not taken you in the mountains???? Where are you REALLY going to use 88HP if it's not even possible to tow something with it?
Back to top Go down
roadiestar

roadiestar

Number of posts : 842
Registration date : 2008-01-25

PostSubject: Re: New Polaris is coming   New Polaris is coming - Page 4 EmptySun Jan 02, 2011 5:23 pm

It all depends on what you want and like.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Polaris is coming   New Polaris is coming - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

New Polaris is coming
Page 4 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next