SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Lawyer Advertising Here?

Go down 
+5
Clayboy
rcmass
GunRunner
wvyankee2
Big-R
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

Number of posts : 16074
Registration date : 2008-02-26

Lawyer Advertising Here? Empty
PostSubject: Lawyer Advertising Here?   Lawyer Advertising Here? EmptyTue Apr 29, 2008 10:23 am

Hey guys, I just saw a advertisement for lawyers and Rhino roll overs. The problem was it was on this site scratch I would rather not support bottom feeders No Is there something we can do about this Question Question Question
Back to top Go down
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
wvyankee2

Number of posts : 10319
Registration date : 2008-01-22

PostSubject: Re: Lawyer Advertising Here?   Lawyer Advertising Here? EmptyTue Apr 29, 2008 10:34 am

Where is the post? scratch
Back to top Go down
GunRunner
SSXSRider Member
GunRunner

Number of posts : 5296

PostSubject: Re: Lawyer Advertising Here?   Lawyer Advertising Here? EmptyTue Apr 29, 2008 10:35 am

where did you see a ad? or did you read a link someone put in a post?
Back to top Go down
http://southernrzrriders.com
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

PostSubject: Re: Lawyer Advertising Here?   Lawyer Advertising Here? EmptyTue Apr 29, 2008 10:46 am

It is after you log out. Look at the header of the page. It is the first advertisement of four.
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

PostSubject: Re: Lawyer Advertising Here?   Lawyer Advertising Here? EmptyTue Apr 29, 2008 10:50 am

It is the 1st ad of 3. I just did it. It is there every time I log off.
Back to top Go down
GunRunner
SSXSRider Member
GunRunner

Number of posts : 5296

PostSubject: Re: Lawyer Advertising Here?   Lawyer Advertising Here? EmptyTue Apr 29, 2008 10:59 am

I did not know our forum had ads, I hope they are paying us something. It reads google ads beside them, but it must show up different for everyone as I have no lawyer ads on mine.
Back to top Go down
http://southernrzrriders.com
rcmass

rcmass

Number of posts : 999
Registration date : 2008-02-01

PostSubject: Re: Lawyer Advertising Here?   Lawyer Advertising Here? EmptyTue Apr 29, 2008 11:07 am

just saw it too...

all phpbb forums have ads that phpbb profits from - and they sell those, then place them on THEIR forums that have info regarding that sponsor....this isnt really OUR (meaning SouthernSxS) fourm, just fyi. its owned by a forum provider for many chat groups. Probably not a thing you can do about it but dotn pay it attention.
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

PostSubject: Re: Lawyer Advertising Here?   Lawyer Advertising Here? EmptyTue Apr 29, 2008 11:19 am

rcmass wrote:
just saw it too...

all phpbb forums have ads that phpbb profits from - and they sell those, then place them on THEIR forums that have info regarding that sponsor....this isnt really OUR (meaning SouthernSxS) fourm, just fyi. its owned by a forum provider for many chat groups. Probably not a thing you can do about it but dotn pay it attention.

I think we can do something about it. RF.net had the same thing and they fix it. I DO NOT think we should support that at all. We are Side by Side enthusiast that sponsor GOOD UTV knowledge. Those lawyers should not be associated with us in any way :evil:

Last edited by Big-R on Tue Apr 29, 2008 11:34 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
rcmass

rcmass

PostSubject: Re: Lawyer Advertising Here?   Lawyer Advertising Here? EmptyTue Apr 29, 2008 11:25 am

then voice your opinion to the forum moderators, admin and provider.

imo - it is what it is - the low lifes ambulance chasers have always been around since I can remember.

I run a nascar pool on a hosted website - and there are gambling addiction ads on there...

soemtime you just have to slow down, take a deep breath - and ask yourself - is the blood pressure adjustment and energy level output REALLY worth it.... 9 times out of 10 - it isnt. Just my thoughts though....and not a lot bothers me.

good luck.
Back to top Go down
rcmass

rcmass

PostSubject: Re: Lawyer Advertising Here?   Lawyer Advertising Here? EmptyTue Apr 29, 2008 11:29 am

Back to top Go down
Clayboy
SSXSRider Member
Clayboy

Number of posts : 1861

PostSubject: Re: Lawyer Advertising Here?   Lawyer Advertising Here? EmptyTue Apr 29, 2008 11:32 am

This is a BS way of advertising! I dought anyone can fix it since it's a free forum and the people that own the server can sell ads as they see fit. Sooner or later this forum will have to move to a paid server and hopefully those things will be adressed.
Back to top Go down
rcmass

rcmass

PostSubject: Re: Lawyer Advertising Here?   Lawyer Advertising Here? EmptyTue Apr 29, 2008 11:56 am

Clayboy wrote:
I doubt anyone can fix it since it's a free forum and the people that own the server can sell ads as they see fit...

my point.
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

PostSubject: Re: Lawyer Advertising Here?   Lawyer Advertising Here? EmptyTue Apr 29, 2008 11:59 am

rcmass wrote:
....and not a lot bothers me.

good luck.

My blood presser is fine. Moreover, I am a easy going guy also. I just thought every one on this forum might want to discuss this little deal. It is a forum. Would of thought a good old boy from NC would be with me on this one. I guess I am going to have to keep my eye on you suspect

Dumb ass people really piss me off. I sued because am a dumb ass coco

Sorry rcmass I didn't mean to come off crossed. I can get a little hyper about somethings. Embarassed
Back to top Go down
rcmass

rcmass

PostSubject: Re: Lawyer Advertising Here?   Lawyer Advertising Here? EmptyTue Apr 29, 2008 12:12 pm

dont sweat a thing with me brother - you didnt come across as crossed - I am just familiar with how "free" fourms and hosted sites work.... and actually, I am with you - I would love to see them not be able to advertise here, or allow the forum moderators to choose the ads - but that aint how it works (unfortunately).... I also just doubt seriously anyone can do anything about it - the forum people know that we need them more than they need us in this forum situation.

and if oyu get hyper about it - hell, call the ad - give em hell!! Wink
Back to top Go down
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
wvyankee2

PostSubject: Re: Lawyer Advertising Here?   Lawyer Advertising Here? EmptyTue Apr 29, 2008 12:59 pm

GunRunner wrote:
I did not know our forum had ads, I hope they are paying us something. It reads google ads beside them, but it must show up different for everyone as I have no lawyer ads on mine.

Big Brother must know Gunny has a Prowler. lol!
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1435
Registration date : 2008-01-21

PostSubject: Re: Lawyer Advertising Here?   Lawyer Advertising Here? EmptyTue Apr 29, 2008 3:08 pm

DAmn it..How did they do that.. I'll get Bootlegger on it..lol
Back to top Go down
Foxfire
SSXSRider Member
Foxfire

Number of posts : 6060
Registration date : 2008-04-01

PostSubject: Re: Lawyer Advertising Here?   Lawyer Advertising Here? EmptyTue Apr 29, 2008 6:42 pm

poo They must know I have a Prowler also......no add on my screen
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

PostSubject: Re: Lawyer Advertising Here?   Lawyer Advertising Here? EmptyTue Apr 29, 2008 6:54 pm

They must have heard me bitching because they are gone woo hoo
Back to top Go down
rcmass

rcmass

PostSubject: Re: Lawyer Advertising Here?   Lawyer Advertising Here? EmptyWed Apr 30, 2008 11:00 am

way to go - squeaky wheel gets the grease - and I thank whomever took care of it.

now lets talk about riding, modifications or women - your choice Wink cheers
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

PostSubject: Re: Lawyer Advertising Here?   Lawyer Advertising Here? EmptyWed Apr 30, 2008 12:50 pm

WOMEN bounce bounce
Back to top Go down
rcmass

rcmass

PostSubject: Re: Lawyer Advertising Here?   Lawyer Advertising Here? EmptyWed Apr 30, 2008 1:30 pm

Back to top Go down
Bad Behavior

Bad Behavior

Number of posts : 263
Registration date : 2008-04-03

PostSubject: Re: Lawyer Advertising Here?   Lawyer Advertising Here? EmptyWed Apr 30, 2008 2:57 pm

Shocked Wink
Back to top Go down
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
wvyankee2

PostSubject: Re: Lawyer Advertising Here?   Lawyer Advertising Here? EmptyWed Apr 30, 2008 3:38 pm

rcmass wrote:
http://www.atv.info/article.cfm?id=147

My wife seen me open this link. She said I may need a lawyer alright.....A Divorce Lawyer affraid
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

PostSubject: Re: Lawyer Advertising Here?   Lawyer Advertising Here? EmptyWed Apr 30, 2008 5:34 pm

Back to top Go down
nocerisdave
SSXSRider Member
nocerisdave

Number of posts : 5674

PostSubject: Re: Lawyer Advertising Here?   Lawyer Advertising Here? EmptyThu May 01, 2008 12:52 am

One more reason to hate them frs!!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lawyer Advertising Here?   Lawyer Advertising Here? Empty

Back to top Go down

Lawyer Advertising Here?
Page 1 of 1