SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Maj (Col) Dick Winters, Band of Brothers CC dies

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
2Slow4U
SSXSRider Member
2Slow4U

Number of posts : 1657
Registration date : 2009-05-18

Maj (Col) Dick Winters, Band of Brothers CC dies Empty
PostSubject: Maj (Col) Dick Winters, Band of Brothers CC dies   Maj (Col) Dick Winters, Band of Brothers CC dies EmptyMon Jan 10, 2011 12:53 pm

The passing of another true hero from the Greatest Generation. Maj Winters was the Company Commander, Easy Company, 101st Airborne, the "Band of Brothers" made famous by the book and mini-series.

>> "If you can, find that peace within yourself, that peace and quiet and confidence that you can pass on to others, so that they know that you are honest and you are fair and will help them, no matter what, when the chips are down." - Major Richard "Dick" Winters

When people asked whether he was a hero, he echoed the words of his World War II buddy, Mike Ranney: "No, but I served in a company of heroes."

"He was a good man, a very good man," Guarnere said. "I would follow him to hell and back. So would the men from E Company." <<

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/ap/top/all/7374218.html
Back to top Go down
http://www.simpletractors.com
Woodtick
SSXSRider Member
Woodtick

Number of posts : 3254
Registration date : 2008-11-15

Maj (Col) Dick Winters, Band of Brothers CC dies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Maj (Col) Dick Winters, Band of Brothers CC dies   Maj (Col) Dick Winters, Band of Brothers CC dies EmptyMon Jan 10, 2011 3:20 pm

I am Thankful To God that he had a long and productive life. There folks is a real American Hero if there ever was one. God Bless Him and may he rest in peace!
Back to top Go down

Maj (Col) Dick Winters, Band of Brothers CC dies
Page 1 of 1