SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Spec differences between the S and XP

Go down 
+7
8ball_99
GunRunner
Smith700
Clayboy
ridepate
4x4pac
wvyankee2
11 posters
AuthorMessage
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
wvyankee2

Number of posts : 10319
Registration date : 2008-01-22

Spec differences between the S and XP Empty
PostSubject: Spec differences between the S and XP   Spec differences between the S and XP EmptyMon Jan 10, 2011 10:42 pm

RZR XP specs different than RZRS.

The New RZR XP has/is-

- Race Inspired 3-link trailing arm IRS rear suspension
- 1.5" more front suspension travel
- 2" more rear suspension travel
- 4.4" longer wheelbase

Drivetrain
- New Compact, Lightweight, HD Transmission
- Eliminated all 90 degree angles in the drivetrain
- Upgraded front differential with billet cage

Dimensions/Capacities
- 190lbs heavier
- 1" longer bed box
- 4" narrower bed box
- 3.5" deeper bed box
- 2,734 cu. in. bigger bed box overall
- no tow hitch or tow rating
- 4.4" Longer Overall
- 3.5" Wider Overall
- 2.5" Taller Overall

Drive train improvements sound promising. The Billet sprague cage in the front diff, and the advertised HD transmission hopefully will be trouble free for the new owners. I know those items have been a headache for some of the S owners.

Back to top Go down
4x4pac

4x4pac

Number of posts : 475
Registration date : 2009-06-03

PostSubject: Re: Spec differences between the S and XP   Spec differences between the S and XP EmptyMon Jan 10, 2011 11:10 pm

Great info
Back to top Go down
http://www.4x4pac.com
ridepate
SSXSRider Staff
ridepate

Number of posts : 6409
Registration date : 2009-04-23

PostSubject: Re: Spec differences between the S and XP   Spec differences between the S and XP EmptyMon Jan 10, 2011 11:37 pm

"New Compact, Lightweight, HD Transmission"

Ah-La Ranger XP, the original XP.............And still #1 for haulin hay............ roflmao
Back to top Go down
4x4pac

4x4pac

Number of posts : 475
Registration date : 2009-06-03

PostSubject: Re: Spec differences between the S and XP   Spec differences between the S and XP EmptyTue Jan 11, 2011 1:12 am

ridepate wrote:

Ah-La Ranger XP, the original XP.............And still #1 for haulin hay............ roflmao

roflmao that right, that is about all you better haul in that, dont be haulin the BIG STONES like the rex can. thatsright ownedsm
Back to top Go down
http://www.4x4pac.com
Clayboy
SSXSRider Member
Clayboy

Number of posts : 1861

PostSubject: Re: Spec differences between the S and XP   Spec differences between the S and XP EmptyTue Jan 11, 2011 12:09 pm

- 4.4" Longer Overall
- 3.5" Wider Overall
- 2.5" Taller Overall

Not too bad,,, I think the trails can handle that! Cool
Back to top Go down
ridepate
SSXSRider Staff
ridepate

PostSubject: Re: Spec differences between the S and XP   Spec differences between the S and XP EmptyTue Jan 11, 2011 8:02 pm

4x4pac wrote:
ridepate wrote:

roflmao that right, that is about all you better haul in that, dont be haulin the BIG STONES like the rex can. thatsright ownedsm

Ranger bed capacity-1000lbs..
Teryx bed capacity-500lbs...............

Who can haul the most stones??? And I got 2 more H.P.................. ownedsm

Last edited by ridepate on Tue Jan 11, 2011 9:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Smith700
SSXSRider Member

Number of posts : 2713
Registration date : 2009-08-21

PostSubject: Re: Spec differences between the S and XP   Spec differences between the S and XP EmptyTue Jan 11, 2011 8:42 pm

ridepate wrote:
4x4pac wrote:
ridepate wrote:

Ranger bed capicity-1000lbs..
Teryx bed capacity-500lbs...............

Who can haul the most stones??? And I got 2 more H.P.................. ownedsm

thatsright Facts are facts.......... pot
Back to top Go down
GunRunner
SSXSRider Member
GunRunner

Number of posts : 5296

PostSubject: Re: Spec differences between the S and XP   Spec differences between the S and XP EmptyTue Jan 11, 2011 8:45 pm

wvyankee2 wrote:
The Billet sprague cage in the front diff, and the advertised HD transmission hopefully will be trouble free for the new owners. I know those items have been a headache for some of the S owners.

Actually Polaris replaced the plastic cages with metal ones last march, in all 2010 models built after 3-5 10 and in all the 11's.
Back to top Go down
http://southernrzrriders.com
8ball_99
SSXSRider Member
8ball_99

Number of posts : 1370
Registration date : 2010-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Spec differences between the S and XP   Spec differences between the S and XP EmptyTue Jan 11, 2011 9:34 pm

IMo I think all the guys selling their brand new machines to upgrade to the XP are crazy. If I was in the market to buy and had the cash I'd give it a hard look. But All new motor.. All new intake system, new transmission and rear differential new rear suspension setup.. New frame design.. Just a lot of new first year stuff. I'd be a little scared of it
Back to top Go down
ridepate
SSXSRider Staff
ridepate

PostSubject: Re: Spec differences between the S and XP   Spec differences between the S and XP EmptyTue Jan 11, 2011 9:42 pm

8ball_99 wrote:
IMo I think all the guys selling their brand new machines to upgrade to the XP are crazy. If I was in the market to buy and had the cash I'd give it a hard look. But All new motor.. All new intake system, new transmission and rear differential new rear suspension setup.. New frame design.. Just a lot of new first year stuff. I'd be a little scared of it

You know 8ball......It's mostly about keeping up with the Joneses, a West-Coast thing. Us easterners, well most, have come to the realization that the machine, really don't matter. It's the ass on the seat and the hands on the wheel that counts. It's called skill........... Laughing
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

Number of posts : 16074
Registration date : 2008-02-26

PostSubject: Re: Spec differences between the S and XP   Spec differences between the S and XP EmptyTue Jan 11, 2011 9:42 pm

8ball_99 wrote:

Epically being a Polaris roflmao
Back to top Go down
2fast4u

2fast4u

Number of posts : 88
Registration date : 2010-06-27

PostSubject: Re: Spec differences between the S and XP   Spec differences between the S and XP EmptyTue Jan 11, 2011 9:45 pm

Spec differences between the S and XP 13435 uplaugh
Back to top Go down
http:// www.MAGOffroad.com
8ball_99
SSXSRider Member
8ball_99

Number of posts : 1370
Registration date : 2010-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Spec differences between the S and XP   Spec differences between the S and XP EmptyWed Jan 12, 2011 1:47 am

Big-R wrote:
8ball_99 wrote:

LoL well I didn't want to single out polaris, But yeah exactly.. Several issues with the first 08s.. Then when they changed the Transmission in 2010 they just made it worse. To the point they started putting 09 parts back in them. So latest greatest might only be half right flameing On paper The XP looks great though minus the extra width and maybe the wheel base. Wheel base will help sometimes but will also make its turning radius wider.. Might not be a big deal or it might be a pain on tighter trails.
Back to top Go down
AIRBORNE
SSXSRider Member
AIRBORNE

Number of posts : 6266
Registration date : 2008-05-01

PostSubject: Re: Spec differences between the S and XP   Spec differences between the S and XP EmptyWed Jan 12, 2011 7:43 am

I think I will go overseas for a year to resist the temptation of buying one lol!

I hope it is a solid machine. I am pretty happy with what I have so I am not in a rush to go throw more money at a dealer. However, I will be watching closely over the next 12-15 months to see how this thing performs.
Back to top Go down
https://s300.photobucket.com/albums/nn28/AirborneWV/
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

PostSubject: Re: Spec differences between the S and XP   Spec differences between the S and XP EmptyWed Jan 12, 2011 8:20 am

8ball_99 wrote:
Big-R wrote:
8ball_99 wrote:

LoL well I didn't want to single out polaris, But yeah exactly.. Several issues with the first 08s.. Then when they changed the Transmission in 2010 they just made it worse. To the point they started putting 09 parts back in them. So latest greatest might only be half right flameing On paper The XP looks great though minus the extra width and maybe the wheel base. Wheel base will help sometimes but will also make its turning radius wider.. Might not be a big deal or it might be a pain on tighter trails.

Going on track record I would say buy a 2012 XP. IMO the 09 RZR and RZRS was a decent built machine. No burning oil, good clutch, good transmission, rear down tubs and a clock Spec differences between the S and XP 13435 However, we have not heard about to many problems with the 11 either.
Back to top Go down
Smith700
SSXSRider Member

Number of posts : 2713
Registration date : 2009-08-21

PostSubject: Re: Spec differences between the S and XP   Spec differences between the S and XP EmptyWed Jan 12, 2011 1:29 pm

I would consider getting one (S-800)...but I wish they would make the bed a little bigger.
Back to top Go down
Goose
SSXSRider Member
Goose

Number of posts : 2971
Registration date : 2010-03-15

PostSubject: Re: Spec differences between the S and XP   Spec differences between the S and XP EmptyWed Jan 12, 2011 8:56 pm

Have you seen the new Polaris commercial with RZR XP. You can see how the rear suspension works. Looks cool.
Back to top Go down
ridepate
SSXSRider Staff
ridepate

PostSubject: Re: Spec differences between the S and XP   Spec differences between the S and XP EmptyWed Jan 12, 2011 9:18 pm

Goose wrote:
Have you seen the new Polaris commercial with RZR XP. You can see how the rear suspension works. Looks cool.

You seen the vid in the woops vs. the Commander???? It kills it, no doubt. Trailing arms have been a standard in off-roading for years. For slow techinical stuff, maybe not the best, but it's all in the set-up. The Commanders Trailing-arms are a little short, IMO.
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

PostSubject: Re: Spec differences between the S and XP   Spec differences between the S and XP EmptyWed Jan 12, 2011 9:27 pm

ridepate wrote:
The Commanders Trailing-arms are a little short, IMO.

Yeah I think so too. I like the Commanders set up. The arm is more out of the way then the trailing arm of the XP. But 14" of wheel travel is all the difference in the world.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Spec differences between the S and XP   Spec differences between the S and XP Empty

Back to top Go down

Spec differences between the S and XP
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
SouthernSxSRiders :: The Machines :: Polaris-
Jump to: