SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Rhino dead

Go down 
+25
nitefab
DOG
GunRunner
Sporto
jasonch
bush
Rhino X 2
Foxfire
Craig_C
Mud-and-Guts
roadiestar
Clayboy
WV Hot Rod Rhino
nocerisdave
wvyankee2
ridepate
2fast4u
S
Smith700
aweisgarber
AIRBORNE
Goose
Big-R
Rhino Rob
MuddyBuddy
29 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
roadiestar

roadiestar

Number of posts : 842
Registration date : 2008-01-25

Rhino dead - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rhino dead   Rhino dead - Page 10 EmptyMon Feb 07, 2011 6:37 pm

roflmao lol! Rhino dead - Page 10 13435 shark hump beat spank deadhorse
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Rhino dead   Rhino dead - Page 10 EmptyMon Feb 07, 2011 6:40 pm

i dont give a shit what anybody thinks of my rhino i like it and that is all that matters. NoPoo
Back to top Go down
bigbore
SSXSRider Member
bigbore

Number of posts : 515
Registration date : 2009-06-08

PostSubject: Re: Rhino dead   Rhino dead - Page 10 EmptyMon Feb 07, 2011 7:04 pm

Well guess I should chime in. I have a 09 Rhino Sport Edition. The ride is great and the seats are very comfortable, not plywood. I have over 1500 miles on it and needed to replace bearings and bushings about the time I was told they would be needed. I have only one complaint, the power and speed. I know I could buy parts to make it faster, but it would not be as fast as a RZR S. AS soon as I can get it sold, I will be in an S. If there is anyone wanting to give an S away look me up. lol! There is no perfect machine. Get what works for YOU!
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

Number of posts : 16074
Registration date : 2008-02-26

PostSubject: Re: Rhino dead   Rhino dead - Page 10 EmptyMon Feb 07, 2011 7:14 pm

I love these arguments.

I have both and they are apples and oranges. Both have their places among us.

The only real compliant with the Rhino is wheel bearings. Damn you have to replace them almost as often as RZR a-arm bushings....... Rhino dead - Page 10 13435
Back to top Go down
bigbore
SSXSRider Member
bigbore

PostSubject: Re: Rhino dead   Rhino dead - Page 10 EmptyMon Feb 07, 2011 7:27 pm

Drop a V-Twin in the rhino and that would be the ultimate machine in my opinion.

Last edited by bigbore on Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
wvyankee2

Number of posts : 10318
Registration date : 2008-01-22

PostSubject: Re: Rhino dead   Rhino dead - Page 10 EmptyMon Feb 07, 2011 7:53 pm

bigbore wrote:
Drop a V-Twin in the rhino and that would be the ultimate machine in my opion.

You would then have a Teryx. thatsright roflmao
Back to top Go down
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
wvyankee2

PostSubject: Re: Rhino dead   Rhino dead - Page 10 EmptyMon Feb 07, 2011 7:54 pm

Big-R wrote:
I love these arguments.

roflmao
Back to top Go down
S
SSXSRider Member
S

Number of posts : 1655
Registration date : 2008-09-12

PostSubject: Re: Rhino dead   Rhino dead - Page 10 EmptyMon Feb 07, 2011 8:09 pm

spud wrote:
i dont give a shit what anybody thinks of my rhino i like it and that is all that matters. NoPoo

And this is all that matters. Not someone thinking their shit don't stink. I'm sorry no ones shit don't stink.
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

PostSubject: Re: Rhino dead   Rhino dead - Page 10 EmptyMon Feb 07, 2011 8:14 pm

S wrote:
spud wrote:

And this is all that matters. Not someone thinking their shit don't stink. I'm sorry no ones shit don't stink.

Gunny........ lol!
Back to top Go down
S
SSXSRider Member
S

PostSubject: Re: Rhino dead   Rhino dead - Page 10 EmptyMon Feb 07, 2011 8:18 pm

And your Mr. Stinky
Back to top Go down
mason
SSXSRider Member
mason

Number of posts : 2247
Registration date : 2009-04-07

PostSubject: Re: Rhino dead   Rhino dead - Page 10 EmptyMon Feb 07, 2011 8:22 pm

Eat
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

PostSubject: Re: Rhino dead   Rhino dead - Page 10 EmptyMon Feb 07, 2011 8:55 pm

S wrote:
And your Mr. Stinky

I have never believed that what ever I had was the best. I will call a spade a spade.

Polaris has quality issues, Rhinos are slow and Big Horns suck...... roflmao roflmao roflmao

Well I have two out of three.
Back to top Go down
nocerisdave
SSXSRider Member
nocerisdave

Number of posts : 5674

PostSubject: Re: Rhino dead   Rhino dead - Page 10 EmptyMon Feb 07, 2011 8:56 pm

smith700 wrote:
Debate is good on forums...

I could care less about who I can keep up with, because I am always leading the rides........

You are forgetting the problems I have found with a RzR.

The underside of the dash is exposed, which showes lots of wires...it needs a finished look, it took them 3 years just to put a glove box on it from factory, you get covered with mud, without adding mudflaps in every corner, it eats bushings...why, I dont know. , it does not even have a factory front bumper to protect the radiator, you could poke a hole in the gastank with a stick if you wanted to, the air filtration system should not need a outerwear added to it....they don't even have a parking brake from factory, the ECU is under the seat-give me a break????, the "awesome" Fox(chino) 2.0's are junk......the list goes on and on.
What is your answer to these problems.

roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao

Last edited by nocerisdave on Mon Feb 07, 2011 10:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
S
SSXSRider Member
S

PostSubject: Re: Rhino dead   Rhino dead - Page 10 EmptyMon Feb 07, 2011 8:59 pm

Big-R wrote:
S wrote:
And your Mr. Stinky

I have never believed that what ever I had was the best. I will call a spade a spade.

Polaris has quality issues, Rhinos are slow and Big Horns suck...... roflmao roflmao roflmao

scratch No one said that you think the you have the best. Just you stink.

Here smell this Rhino dead - Page 10 597455 roflmao roflmao roflmao
Back to top Go down
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
wvyankee2

PostSubject: Re: Rhino dead   Rhino dead - Page 10 EmptyMon Feb 07, 2011 9:18 pm

Rhino dead - Page 10 Project1f

Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

PostSubject: Re: Rhino dead   Rhino dead - Page 10 EmptyMon Feb 07, 2011 10:37 pm

S wrote:
Big-R wrote:
S wrote:
And your Mr. Stinky

scratch No one said that you think the you have the best. Just you stink.

Here smell this Rhino dead - Page 10 597455 roflmao roflmao roflmao

YOU think I stink....... well ain't that the pot...... vomit roflmao
Back to top Go down
Smith700
SSXSRider Member

Number of posts : 2713
Registration date : 2009-08-21

PostSubject: Re: Rhino dead   Rhino dead - Page 10 EmptyMon Feb 07, 2011 10:51 pm

[quote="GunRunner"]
smith700 wrote:

I could care less about who I can keep up with, because I am always leading the rides........

quote]

OK, lets address your concerns;

Dash, i have no wires hanging down.
glove box, Didnt need it then, dont now.
never had a busted radiator nor has it ever run hot, unlike many rhinos i have ridden with.
poke a hole in the gastank, i have rode with hundreds of rzrs and never seen any with a busted tank, from stick or rock.
prefilter just saves changing the filter as often.
I have a parking brake, and it works 10 times better than the mickey mouse on on rhinos. I paid 99.00 it works, yours included doesnt.
ECU is not under the seat its behind it.
fox shocks work 100 times better than anything yamaha has ever offered
Bearings and other items wear out in anything thats run thru mud and water, no matter who makes
Gun, you are very one who reccomended on many forums a dash block-off kit to keep mud from splashing in your lap.
Glove box or not, the thing has hardly any storage in the cab from factory.period
If the gastank has been poked or not, what do you think is right beside of the gastank.....THE EXHAUST........can you say BOOM??
Parking brake does not hold on a Rhino???? Give me a break, how would you even know.Some other Rhino owner, please chime in about the P-Brake. Mine has held on 57, as I had a Teryx hooked behind me.
Oh my bad, the ECU is BEHIND the seat, not Under it??????? WOW. What difference does it make?
The Yamaha sport rezzies are made by KYB. The Fox's are a chino-made shock with a Fox sticker on them.
Back to top Go down
nocerisdave
SSXSRider Member
nocerisdave

PostSubject: Re: Rhino dead   Rhino dead - Page 10 EmptyTue Feb 08, 2011 1:46 am

[quote="smith700"]
GunRunner wrote:
smith700 wrote:

quote]

OK, lets address your concerns;

Dash, i have no wires hanging down.
glove box, Didnt need it then, dont now.
never had a busted radiator nor has it ever run hot, unlike many rhinos i have ridden with.
poke a hole in the gastank, i have rode with hundreds of rzrs and never seen any with a busted tank, from stick or rock.
prefilter just saves changing the filter as often.
I have a parking brake, and it works 10 times better than the mickey mouse on on rhinos. I paid 99.00 it works, yours included doesnt.
ECU is not under the seat its behind it.
fox shocks work 100 times better than anything yamaha has ever offered
Bearings and other items wear out in anything thats run thru mud and water, no matter who makes
Gun, you are very one who reccomended on many forums a dash block-off kit to keep mud from splashing in your lap.
Glove box or not, the thing has hardly any storage in the cab from factory.period
If the gastank has been poked or not, what do you think is right beside of the gastank.....THE EXHAUST........can you say BOOM??
Parking brake does not hold on a Rhino???? Give me a break, how would you even know.Some other Rhino owner, please chime in about the P-Brake. Mine has held on 57, as I had a Teryx hooked behind me.
Oh my bad, the ECU is BEHIND the seat, not Under it??????? WOW. What difference does it make?
The Yamaha sport rezzies are made by KYB. The Fox's are a chino-made shock with a Fox sticker on them.

http://www.kyb.co.jp/english/company/history.html

November 1986

Shock absorber manufacturing subsidiary was established in the United States. The company supplies to Toyota, Honda, Chrysler, Subaru and General Motors, said human resources manager Jim McGinnis.

January 1996

Shock absorber manufacturing jointly venture was established in Thailand.

December 2002

Automobile shock absorber manufacturing subsidiary was established in China.

October 2002

Motorcycle shock absorber manufacturing subsidiary was established in Vietnam.

Back to top Go down
bigbore
SSXSRider Member
bigbore

PostSubject: Re: Rhino dead   Rhino dead - Page 10 EmptyTue Feb 08, 2011 6:27 am

Parking brake works great when adjusted properly. Unfortunately needs adjusted often. Don't get me wrong, I love my Rhino, it just needs a better, more powerful engine.
Back to top Go down
Sporto
SSXSRider Member
Sporto

Number of posts : 688
Registration date : 2009-07-10

PostSubject: Re: Rhino dead   Rhino dead - Page 10 EmptyTue Feb 08, 2011 8:35 am

Well, I hate to get into one of these threads but, I really get disgusted reading these threads when they go this way. Off topic and then turn into the Ultimate Trail Machine debate. I could care less! I agree, if I drove an S, I probably would get one because of the power. I like my Rhino, it gets me where I want to go. Again, it is my preference. If mine tore up like MB's while I was having a good time. I would of said the same thing. I am getting rid of this Rhino and getting an S. But, after I calmed down and found out what was wrong with my rhino and the cost to fix it. In this economy these day's cutting my losses. Buying a 9K to 12k S I think would be putting me deeper in my pockets. Then, another motor for my Rhino. Anyway, I joined this club because of the riding and most of all the people. I don't care what anyone rides! If you get through the trail faster then me so be it. At the end of the trail I will see you all there and talk about how much fun that trail was.............Hey! Anybody need a beer?

But, soon as someone has trouble with their machine and it is not an S. You will start hearing the Polaris incentive program Cut your losses and get an S. If you do I get 100 bucks and you get 100 bucks! lol!

Disregard my post it means nothing............Like a teenager. would say....."Whatever!!"
Back to top Go down
2Slow4U
SSXSRider Member
2Slow4U

Number of posts : 1657
Registration date : 2009-05-18

PostSubject: Re: Rhino dead   Rhino dead - Page 10 EmptyTue Feb 08, 2011 9:21 am

Way to go, Sporto! Well said...

I love my Rhino 450 and it's even slower than yours... but it takes me where I want to go and hauls a big enough cooler that I can enjoy myself once I get there....

No more than I get to ride, it seems, an S would cost me over $500 a trip. I can stand to go a little slower, and then enjoy spending that $$ a different way...
Back to top Go down
http://www.simpletractors.com
GunRunner
SSXSRider Member
GunRunner

Number of posts : 5296

PostSubject: Re: Rhino dead   Rhino dead - Page 10 EmptyTue Feb 08, 2011 11:20 am

Big-R wrote:
S wrote:
spud wrote:

Gunny........ lol!

S said it fine , its all big R's fault lol! . Now do i care what others have, no, will i ride with them sure, Its just when asked then you get a answer that reflects what i feel same as i would expect anybody else to say about their machine, they wouldnt have it if they didnt like it. Its the old Ford vs Chevy thing and really means nothing. This topic was about one blown up rhino and what the owner was going to do. He brought up the fact that he was considering buying a RZR S and i thought faced with a 3000.00 repair bill that might be a good option, and i still do. Smith, im done arguing with you, sometimes i forget your just a 15 year old kid and i should know better, everybody knows at that age you know everything lol!
Back to top Go down
http://southernrzrriders.com
MuddyBuddy
SSXSRider Member
MuddyBuddy

Number of posts : 2085
Registration date : 2010-01-03

PostSubject: Re: Rhino dead   Rhino dead - Page 10 EmptyTue Feb 08, 2011 2:14 pm

Lol well what if i just build my motor to have as much HP as a S? Im going to pick up my new motor this week that ironically only has 50 hours less on it than my old one and is also out of the same year model as mine. IT WILL BE GETTING BUILT but where at and who does it is the only question that im still debating. Its suppose to get nasty here tonight. Weve had our cold ass winter ride its time for it to warm the hell up!!
Back to top Go down
nocerisdave
SSXSRider Member
nocerisdave

PostSubject: Re: Rhino dead   Rhino dead - Page 10 EmptyTue Feb 08, 2011 7:16 pm

A stock 2011 RZR S has 55 HP. A 2011 Rhino has 42. Any HP you can throw at it is of course good, however, the devil is in clutch mods and clutch tuning. With the right clutch set up you dont need 55HP to beat a RZR. Clutch and HP, on a Rhino is only better until you reach the woods. Lower center of gravity, wider stance, and 100 LBS lighter is a huge advantage for the RZR in the woods.
Back to top Go down
Smith700
SSXSRider Member

Number of posts : 2713
Registration date : 2009-08-21

PostSubject: Re: Rhino dead   Rhino dead - Page 10 EmptyTue Feb 08, 2011 8:20 pm

Actually Dave, Thats 42HP at the crank. The 700 Rhino only makes 25.3HP at the rear wheels. As in my set-up, with a Stroker crank, Big-Bore jug, Piston,Cam,Head work, Valves, Weller's Injector, White Knuckle TB, Muzzy's, you can have 60RWHP easily.
You can run a bed delete, that will reduce around 90lbs, then take sway-bar off that weighs nearly 20lbs, then bed struts-3lbs, then lighter tires, I have tried many clutch set-ups, the best one that worked for me, and WV Hot Rod Rhino, was 16gr OD weights with a stock secondary sheave spring, with a milled sheave.
Run 2+5 Offset's, and you are back to 61" wide.....same as an S.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rhino dead   Rhino dead - Page 10 Empty

Back to top Go down

Rhino dead
Page 10 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next