SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Important Information

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Gimpy
SSXSRider Member
Gimpy

Number of posts : 7708
Registration date : 2009-10-01

Important Information Empty
PostSubject: Important Information   Important Information EmptyThu Jan 27, 2011 5:06 pm

Very Important Info!!!

Some knew about the red light on cars,
but not the 112.
It was about 1:00 p.m. in the afternoon, and Lauren was driving to visit a friend. An UNMARKED police car pulled up behind her
and put his lights on. Lauren's parents have always told her never to pull over for an unmarked car on the side of the road,
but rather to wait until they get to a gas station, etc.

Lauren had actually listened to her parents advice, and promptly called112 on her cell phone to tell the police dispatcher that she would not pull over right away. She proceeded to
tell the dispatcher that there was an unmarked police car with a flashing red light on his rooftop behind her. The dispatcher checked to see if there were police cars where she was and
there weren't, and he told her to keep driving, remain calm and that he had back up already on the way.
Ten minutes later 4 cop cars surrounded her and the unmarked car behind her. One policeman went to her side and the others surrounded the car behind. They pulled the guy from the car and tackled him to the ground. The man was a convicted rapist and wanted for other crimes.
I never knew about the 112 Cell Phone Feature, but especially for a woman alone in a car, you should not pull over for an unmarked car. Apparently police have to respect your right to keep going to a safe place.
*Speaking to a service representative at Bell Mobility confirmed that 112 was a direct link to State trooper info. So, now it's your turn to let your friends know about 112.

You may want to Send
this to every woman (and man) you know; it may save a life.

This applies to ALL 50 states

1. snopes.com: Cellphone 112 Emergency ••
Will dialing 112 connect you with an emergency call center when your cell phone has no signal?
...Claim: Even when your cell phone signal is blocked, dialing 112 will connect you with an emergency call center. Example: [Collected on the Internet,...
...your mobile phone has no signal (so even if you were in a tunnel) if you dial 112 it diverts to a satellite signal and puts you through to the 999 call...
...The global mobile emergency number, 112, is "special" in the sense that (unlike other local emergency numbers, such as 999) it will use any tower your...
Fri, 23 Apr 2010 11:18:08 GMT http://www.snopes.com/science/mobile.asp

Back to top Go down
http://lwurzel@twc.com
hillbillyrzrs
SSXSRider Member
hillbillyrzrs

Number of posts : 366
Registration date : 2008-11-11

PostSubject: Re: Important Information   Important Information EmptyThu Jan 27, 2011 9:33 pm

Thanks Gimpy I will be sure and pass this on to friends.
Back to top Go down
bush
SSXSRider Staff
bush

Number of posts : 6141
Registration date : 2008-06-06

PostSubject: Re: Important Information   Important Information EmptyFri Jan 28, 2011 1:41 am

just dial 911 it will get you the local dispatch and they will know where you are at when you call. FYI

if you get the state here where i work they are not going to know shit. they will just call us to check.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/bushrhino
CatMostFeared
SSXSRider Member
CatMostFeared

Number of posts : 1827
Registration date : 2010-08-25

PostSubject: Re: Important Information   Important Information EmptyFri Jan 28, 2011 3:21 am

thats some good info
Back to top Go down
http://www.catmostfeared.com
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

Number of posts : 16074
Registration date : 2008-02-26

PostSubject: Re: Important Information   Important Information EmptyFri Jan 28, 2011 8:16 am

bush wrote:
just dial 911 it will get you the local dispatch and they will know where you are at when you call. FYI

if you get the state here where i work they are not going to know shit. they will just call us to check.

Yeah I agree with Bush. I just did some research on the subject. 112 is a emergency line if 911 does not work. That is the best I can tell.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Important Information   Important Information Empty

Back to top Go down

Important Information
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
SouthernSxSRiders :: General :: Other BS-
Jump to: