SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

SwayBars

Go down 
+3
8ball_99
Big-R
stanthaman
7 posters
AuthorMessage
stanthaman

stanthaman

Number of posts : 224
Registration date : 2010-12-12

SwayBars Empty
PostSubject: SwayBars   SwayBars EmptyWed Feb 02, 2011 7:08 pm

I took my front sway bar loose monday and boy what a difference in the ride and handling I know I may not be able to hang curves at high speed but she sure rides softer and has great articulation.
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

Number of posts : 16074
Registration date : 2008-02-26

SwayBars Empty
PostSubject: Re: SwayBars   SwayBars EmptyWed Feb 02, 2011 7:54 pm

stanthaman wrote:
I took my front sway bar loose monday and boy what a difference in the ride and handling I know I may not be able to hang curves at high speed but she sure rides softer and has great articulation.

Now dump the rear and never look back.
Back to top Go down
8ball_99
SSXSRider Member
8ball_99

Number of posts : 1370
Registration date : 2010-05-04

SwayBars Empty
PostSubject: Re: SwayBars   SwayBars EmptyWed Feb 02, 2011 10:38 pm

I took my front off the second week I owned my RZR. I removed my rear over the summer. It will lean more, But it handles rocks and washouts much better..
Back to top Go down
stanthaman

stanthaman

SwayBars Empty
PostSubject: Re: SwayBars   SwayBars EmptyThu Feb 03, 2011 7:45 pm

LOL is that why you have that picture of yours on its side because you took the rear sway bar loose kidding 8 ball
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

Number of posts : 16074
Registration date : 2008-02-26

SwayBars Empty
PostSubject: Re: SwayBars   SwayBars EmptyThu Feb 03, 2011 7:46 pm

stanthaman wrote:
LOL is that why you have that picture of yours on its side because you took the rear sway bar loose kidding 8 ball

Taking the sway bar off does not make up for the lack of talent...... thatsright roflmao
Back to top Go down
stanthaman

stanthaman

SwayBars Empty
PostSubject: Re: SwayBars   SwayBars EmptyThu Feb 03, 2011 8:00 pm

roflmao
Back to top Go down
Gimpy
SSXSRider Member
Gimpy

Number of posts : 7708
Registration date : 2009-10-01

SwayBars Empty
PostSubject: Re: SwayBars   SwayBars EmptyThu Feb 03, 2011 8:01 pm

Big-R wrote:
stanthaman wrote:

Taking the sway bar off does not make up for the lack of talent...... thatsright roflmao

thatsright roflmao roflmao roflmao SwayBars 13435 Pugged

Bullshit
Back to top Go down
http://lwurzel@twc.com
stanthaman

stanthaman

SwayBars Empty
PostSubject: Re: SwayBars   SwayBars EmptySun Feb 06, 2011 5:35 pm

Took both sway bars loose and tried it out today didnt like the rear being off i put it back on and i liked it better.i have one problem though my bumpstop is broke off the left side and my tire scrubs the fender and thats not good.
Back to top Go down
8ball_99
SSXSRider Member
8ball_99

SwayBars Empty
PostSubject: Re: SwayBars   SwayBars EmptySun Feb 06, 2011 8:20 pm

Oh man you guys are brutal, just noticed the posts. Haha in that picture that was back when we were 50" wide and had about 12" of ground clearance.. A good stiff breeze would put me on my side.. Since I did the Plus four believe it or not I've went like a year with out going over even with out the sway bars.. I did roll it playing on the ice a few weeks back but that was due to a low tire and power sliding.. The flop at windrock sorry to say was all me lol.. Don't mess with your gloves going down hill with a slope on both sides..

Leave the rear off and increase your preload some more. With out the bars it helps to stiffen up the shocks some. If they are set to soft it will lean pretty bad at high speed..
Back to top Go down
stanthaman

stanthaman

SwayBars Empty
PostSubject: Re: SwayBars   SwayBars EmptyMon Feb 07, 2011 6:36 pm

I have the shocks all the way stiff but my 280pds override that on a bad sideways slope it rolled so bad it hit the stops on my side.and mine is sittin just like you said yours was.I am still 50" and 12 ground clearance I want to raise it up is 4 inches the way to go?
Back to top Go down
8ball_99
SSXSRider Member
8ball_99

SwayBars Empty
PostSubject: Re: SwayBars   SwayBars EmptyMon Feb 07, 2011 11:04 pm

Are you still running stock springs and shocks?.. I'm only 180 pounds and my wife is much less, but I broke both my bump stops on my stock shocks before I replaced them. The stock springs aren't very good. As far as a +4 goes. Well thats a whole other deal. I broke down and done it because I wanted more ground clearance and stability.. You can only lift a 50" so much before the CVs bind. Like I said before if you lift it with out making it wider they get pretty tippy.. But if yours has 12 of ground clearance now, thats about has much lift as you can get with out adding longer A-arms.
Back to top Go down
stanthaman

stanthaman

SwayBars Empty
PostSubject: Re: SwayBars   SwayBars EmptyWed Feb 09, 2011 6:49 pm

8ball_99 wrote:
Are you still running stock springs and shocks?.. I'm only 180 pounds and my wife is much less, but I broke both my bump stops on my stock shocks before I replaced them. The stock springs aren't very good. As far as a +4 goes. Well thats a whole other deal. I broke down and done it because I wanted more ground clearance and stability.. You can only lift a 50" so much before the CVs bind. Like I said before if you lift it with out making it wider they get pretty tippy.. But if yours has 12 of ground clearance now, thats about has much lift as you can get with out adding longer A-arms.
well i think i will leave things the way i have them for now and yes i do have the stock springs and i have busted off one of the bump stops i need to figure out someway of fixing that problem too
Back to top Go down
Foxfire
SSXSRider Member
Foxfire

Number of posts : 6060
Registration date : 2008-04-01

SwayBars Empty
PostSubject: Re: SwayBars   SwayBars EmptyWed Feb 09, 2011 8:06 pm

I removed the sway bar on my ride......however it is not a RZR S..... I have one of those pig feeding machines.
Back to top Go down
8ball_99
SSXSRider Member
8ball_99

SwayBars Empty
PostSubject: Re: SwayBars   SwayBars EmptyWed Feb 09, 2011 11:29 pm

stanthaman wrote:
well i think i will leave things the way i have them for now and yes i do have the stock springs and i have busted off one of the bump stops i need to figure out someway of fixing that problem too

You can replace the bump stop. The shock end unscrews from the shaft. Its not super easy to do but you just need a decent vise to clamp down on the shock arm.. You do it close to the shock eye so if you do manage to scratch it the new bump stop covers it anyway..
Back to top Go down
CatMostFeared
SSXSRider Member
CatMostFeared

Number of posts : 1827
Registration date : 2010-08-25

SwayBars Empty
PostSubject: Re: SwayBars   SwayBars EmptyWed Feb 09, 2011 11:50 pm

Foxfire wrote:
I removed the sway bar on my ride......however it is not a RZR S..... I have one of those pig feeding machines.

lol lol! lol that was great Foxfire your the best

I might take my rear bar next time I ride to try but I love to fly around the corners
Back to top Go down
http://www.catmostfeared.com
stanthaman

stanthaman

SwayBars Empty
PostSubject: Re: SwayBars   SwayBars EmptyFri Feb 11, 2011 6:39 pm

Thanks for the info on the bumpstops 8 ball i found a company that has them and i am ordering them next week my local dealer didnt have a clue about them.
Back to top Go down
bush
SSXSRider Staff
bush

Number of posts : 6141
Registration date : 2008-06-06

SwayBars Empty
PostSubject: Re: SwayBars   SwayBars EmptyMon Feb 14, 2011 7:05 am

get you a set of shocks from WVHOTRODRHINO. Chug
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/bushrhino
Sponsored content