SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

WTB Teryx fuel tank straps

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
MainstreaM

Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2010-11-15

WTB Teryx fuel tank straps Empty
PostSubject: WTB Teryx fuel tank straps   WTB Teryx fuel tank straps EmptySat Feb 05, 2011 12:05 pm

Good ole boy never cleaned my machine before I got it. Tons of mud caked under and around the bottom of the fuel tank. Had to take a hammer and chisel to get the filth out. Anyhow, so much that the bolts for the tank broke off in the straps and one twisted up pretty bad before breaking. Sooo I need both. Dealer's got em for 18 a piece but I don't have time to go by there, Internet wants more for shipping than they cost, Eff that.

BTW there was tons of mud everywhere under the plastics, both side plastics broke to pieces, and skids are pretty much destroyed. Drove it like a rock crawler apparently, hell these things are small enough to go around the bad stuff. I see lots of drilling and tapping in my future. [/rant]

Thx
Kane
Back to top Go down
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
wvyankee2

Number of posts : 10318
Registration date : 2008-01-22

PostSubject: Re: WTB Teryx fuel tank straps   WTB Teryx fuel tank straps EmptySat Feb 05, 2011 12:51 pm

MainstreaM wrote:
Good ole boy never cleaned my machine before I got it. Tons of mud caked under and around the bottom of the fuel tank. Had to take a hammer and chisel to get the filth out. Anyhow, so much that the bolts for the tank broke off in the straps and one twisted up pretty bad before breaking. Sooo I need both. Dealer's got em for 18 a piece but I don't have time to go by there, Internet wants more for shipping than they cost, Eff that.

BTW there was tons of mud everywhere under the plastics, both side plastics broke to pieces, and skids are pretty much destroyed. Drove it like a rock crawler apparently, hell these things are small enough to go around the bad stuff. I see lots of drilling and tapping in my future. [/rant]

Thx
Kane

Good news is that you can get a complete new set of plastics for the Teryx for $300 from Kawasaki. Make it look like new.

Too bad your not closer. I have a brand new set of factory skids i would give you if you wanted them.
Back to top Go down
MainstreaM

Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2010-11-15

PostSubject: Re: WTB Teryx fuel tank straps   WTB Teryx fuel tank straps EmptyMon Feb 14, 2011 8:52 am

I believe I'm going to leave off the factory side plastics and try to fab up some doors and rocker protection. As for skids, I want to get something a little better designed. The factory stuff has a lot left to be desired. Thanks for the offer though.

BTW still looking for straps.

Kane
Back to top Go down
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
wvyankee2

Number of posts : 10318
Registration date : 2008-01-22

PostSubject: Re: WTB Teryx fuel tank straps   WTB Teryx fuel tank straps EmptyMon Feb 14, 2011 10:56 am

MainstreaM wrote:
As for skids, I want to get something a little better designed. The factory stuff has a lot left to be desired. Thanks for the offer though.

BTW still looking for straps.

Kane

http://www.hotseatpowersports.com/Ricochet-Full-Aluminum-Skid-Plate-Set-for-Teryx-p/ric-7226.htm

Ricochet skids are a good set. Very thick with lots of drain/air holes. Teryx motor gets very hot and have heard of heat problems from not enough ventilation from the skids. Also fire hazards from trapped debris under it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WTB Teryx fuel tank straps   WTB Teryx fuel tank straps Empty

Back to top Go down

WTB Teryx fuel tank straps
Page 1 of 1