Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalFAQRegisterLog in

Rhino Revamped build!

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
MuddyBuddy
SSXSRider Member
MuddyBuddy

Number of posts : 2084
Registration date : 2010-01-03

Rhino Revamped build! Empty
PostSubject: Rhino Revamped build!   Rhino Revamped build! EmptyFri Feb 11, 2011 6:10 pm

Well here we go with stage 2!! I started a new thread cause I would like this to be a great how to and review on building a 660 motor without having to go through 11 pages of other stuff first!! Got the motor today, thanks chad!! Ill be ordering parts accordingly, me and smith and some knoxville boys are gonna take a weekend and build and tune for 2 or 3 days to get her dialed in perfect! Here is some pics from the day
Rhino Revamped build! 100_1914
Rhino Revamped build! 100_1915
Rhino Revamped build! 100_1916
Back to top Go down
Foxfire
SSXSRider Member
Foxfire

Number of posts : 6060
Registration date : 2008-04-01

PostSubject: Re: Rhino Revamped build!   Rhino Revamped build! EmptyFri Feb 11, 2011 6:46 pm

Super idea Muddy Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Eat
Back to top Go down
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
wvyankee2

Number of posts : 10317
Registration date : 2008-01-22

PostSubject: Re: Rhino Revamped build!   Rhino Revamped build! EmptyFri Feb 11, 2011 6:50 pm

Look forward to the write up. allright
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

Number of posts : 16074
Registration date : 2008-02-26

PostSubject: Re: Rhino Revamped build!   Rhino Revamped build! EmptyFri Feb 11, 2011 8:05 pm

Can't wait to see it all come together...

14 RZR XP 900 4
2012 Teryx 4
11 RZR XP 900 sold
08 RZR S 820 sold
08 Rhino 700EFI sold
2013 Teryx 4 LE sold

Lucky Rabbit Foot Key Chain Club
Red Rhino keychain club  

SouthernSxSRider Member # 1
Back to top Go down
Smith700
SSXSRider Member

Number of posts : 2713
Registration date : 2009-08-21

PostSubject: Re: Rhino Revamped build!   Rhino Revamped build! EmptyFri Feb 11, 2011 11:27 pm

Hey Matt, when you get ready to come up here....make sure that new motor is SPOTLESS....clean,clean,clean. And try and make sure the Rhino is fairly clean also....
Back to top Go down
nocerisdave
SSXSRider Member
nocerisdave

Number of posts : 5674

PostSubject: Re: Rhino Revamped build!   Rhino Revamped build! EmptySat Feb 12, 2011 1:21 am

Eat
Back to top Go down
MuddyBuddy
SSXSRider Member
MuddyBuddy

PostSubject: Re: Rhino Revamped build!   Rhino Revamped build! EmptySun Feb 13, 2011 10:58 pm

Aight guys got the rhino cleaned up today!! Hopefully will be ordering parts this week!! Quick question, what remedy do you guys use to clean up a motor real good?
Back to top Go down
ridepate
SSXSRider Staff
ridepate

Number of posts : 6409
Registration date : 2009-04-23

PostSubject: Re: Rhino Revamped build!   Rhino Revamped build! EmptyMon Feb 14, 2011 12:34 am

This will make it like-new.............Hull and bottom cleaner from West-Marine....It will make your radiator new also............

Rhino Revamped build! 1z2hxzo

2013 Ranger XP-900 aka "Big-Green Tractor" SOLD
2010 Ranger XP-800 aka "Whitey" SOLD
2009 RZR-S SOLD
2007 Rhino 686 SOLD
2007 Rhino 450 SOLD
Blue-Cooler/White-Top member
SSXSR Member # 6
PIG FEEDER NATION
Back to top Go down
MuddyBuddy
SSXSRider Member
MuddyBuddy

PostSubject: Re: Rhino Revamped build!   Rhino Revamped build! EmptyMon Feb 14, 2011 1:33 am

Thanks pate! Anywhere to find that local or do i gotta order it from west marine?
Back to top Go down
Rhino Rob
SSXSRider Member
Rhino Rob

Number of posts : 2577
Registration date : 2009-01-25
Location : the home of the volunteers and port st joe tiger sharks

PostSubject: Re: Rhino Revamped build!   Rhino Revamped build! EmptyMon Feb 14, 2011 5:21 am

There is a west marine in knoxville on kingston pike next door to west town mall
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

Number of posts : 16074
Registration date : 2008-02-26

PostSubject: Re: Rhino Revamped build!   Rhino Revamped build! EmptyMon Feb 14, 2011 7:24 am

ridepate wrote:
This will make it like-new.............Hull and bottom cleaner from West-Marine....It will make your radiator new also............

Rhino Revamped build! 1z2hxzo

Matt. Please read the direction. That is some mean stuff.

14 RZR XP 900 4
2012 Teryx 4
11 RZR XP 900 sold
08 RZR S 820 sold
08 Rhino 700EFI sold
2013 Teryx 4 LE sold

Lucky Rabbit Foot Key Chain Club
Red Rhino keychain club  

SouthernSxSRider Member # 1
Back to top Go down
MuddyBuddy
SSXSRider Member
MuddyBuddy

PostSubject: Re: Rhino Revamped build!   Rhino Revamped build! EmptyMon Feb 14, 2011 9:10 pm

How strong? Will it take the ugly off my brother??
Back to top Go down
bigbore
SSXSRider Member
bigbore

Number of posts : 514
Registration date : 2009-06-08

PostSubject: Re: Rhino Revamped build!   Rhino Revamped build! EmptyMon Feb 14, 2011 9:17 pm

roflmao
Back to top Go down
8ball_99
SSXSRider Member
8ball_99

Number of posts : 1364
Registration date : 2010-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Rhino Revamped build!   Rhino Revamped build! EmptyMon Feb 14, 2011 10:23 pm

MuddyBuddy wrote:
How strong? Will it take the ugly off my brother??

roflmao
Back to top Go down
MuddyBuddy
SSXSRider Member
MuddyBuddy

PostSubject: Re: Rhino Revamped build!   Rhino Revamped build! EmptyTue Feb 15, 2011 4:02 am

Haha good thing ole hellonwheels hasnt been on today!! The motor build is all but decided on, the only thing im debating on is a cam. Its between a stage 2 hot cams and a weber. Im gonna give weller racing a call tomorrow and see what they can do for me. Im gettin the top end from trinity racing, 686 with a 11:1 compression. Head studs and full gasket kit, think for the clutch im gonna go orange spring, clay pm sent brotha, and 16 gram grease less od weights. I was gonna do a 1mm shim but after some research and talkin to corey i think im gonna have plenty of low end without it. Also got new tires, im swappin out the wide offset outlaws for standard offset 27 inch big horns which funny enough are actually bigger than the outlaws. 9s up front and 11s in the back which also weight alot less than my current setup. Better more trail centered tire and there already mounted on 12 inch ITP SS 212 rims instead of my flashy 14s....... as those of you know that went riding with me at prentice cooper know look cool but i knocked the front tires off the rim trying to prove a point in the nastiest mudhole in the park!! for the record i made it through it but the rims came off coming out of it!!!! Still can't thank the guys enough for helping me out in that one!! Ill get some pics up of the new tires and light setup tomorrow and continue cleaning the new motor up and prepping it for the build before I head into work
Back to top Go down
Sporto
SSXSRider Member
Sporto

Number of posts : 688
Registration date : 2009-07-10

PostSubject: Re: Rhino Revamped build!   Rhino Revamped build! EmptyTue Feb 15, 2011 10:18 am

PC was a blast! Rhino Revamped build! 293566 The MudHole!!!! The Loud Redneck!! lol! Look forward to seeing the build and taking a ride in the Revamped "Rojo Beasto"!! Rhino Revamped build! 431114
Back to top Go down
Baxter

Baxter

Number of posts : 75
Registration date : 2009-08-30

PostSubject: Re: Rhino Revamped build!   Rhino Revamped build! EmptyTue Feb 15, 2011 11:04 pm

Holy hell you brewed a chit storm on Rhinoforums over a simple engine build question.lol Them guys are all bent out of shape with each other.Did you call Benchmark? I tend to stay out of threads like that, but a good friend of mine went with Benchmark and they worked with him on his parts.We have a hell of a guy locally that does the head porting but every thing else came from Benchmark.I would also strongly advize the CP piston.They are the only manufacturer that properly gets oil to the wrist pin on a Rhino.Other wise they tend to gauld and make a mess.I'm in no way saying other piston companys don't build great product for other machines. I can find out what carb he put on his cause I can't remember but that thing runs.Pulls the front tires a few inches on dry pavement and motivates for a Rhino.Very good trail machine.He baby's it around but when he cracks it you can tell it's there.He's a good ol boy that will tell you that it is stock.lol B.S. lol It does like to get warm from time to time in the trails because of the slower speeds and not keeping the air moving to it.But it is an all factory cooling system.

Disclaimer........I'm in no way telling you what to do with your machine.I'm not a professional engine builder.I cut things up,bend it,weld it and rebuild the junk!lol Just giving advice from what I've seen. Hope to see what you come up with.

Please lets not turn this thread into a pissing match over what I just typed.lol
Back to top Go down
MuddyBuddy
SSXSRider Member
MuddyBuddy

PostSubject: Re: Rhino Revamped build!   Rhino Revamped build! EmptyWed Feb 16, 2011 2:08 am

Haha Im open to any ideas and no kidding!!!?? The race guys on RF are absolutley rasing hell its pretty funny to just kind of start it sit back and watch the fireworks!! And i didnt get a chance to call anybody today ended up working all day making calls tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
Smith700
SSXSRider Member

Number of posts : 2713
Registration date : 2009-08-21

PostSubject: Re: Rhino Revamped build!   Rhino Revamped build! EmptyWed Feb 16, 2011 9:45 am

Matt,I would advise calling Weller about their Web Cams.....probably stage II is what I would think would be best for what you are wanting.
I have been reading horror stories about the Hot-Cams Mudbuster...

Also,are you considering an upgraded carb? I don't really think they are necessary right now...my buddy with a built 720cc motor is running the stock carb,and his runs great with stock carb, other than the jetting changed. But maybe a couple months later, partly because they are around $500-$600... affraid

Matt,I would think you are going to have no problems with cooling with your TCP triple-bypass radiator with upgraded fan and shroud.. allright
Back to top Go down
AIRBORNE
SSXSRider Member
AIRBORNE

Number of posts : 6264
Registration date : 2008-05-01

PostSubject: Re: Rhino Revamped build!   Rhino Revamped build! EmptyWed Feb 16, 2011 12:40 pm

I am excited to see this thing come together!
Back to top Go down
https://s300.photobucket.com/albums/nn28/AirborneWV/
HellOnWheels
SSXSRider Member
HellOnWheels

Number of posts : 76
Registration date : 2011-02-03

PostSubject: Re: Rhino Revamped build!   Rhino Revamped build! EmptyWed Feb 16, 2011 1:13 pm

Yeah I see no need to change the carb it should be ok to handle the 686 with a Jet Kit. And dont forget the SPAL high speed fan with the shroud and trip bypass, keeping it cool is the last thing im worried about haha. I wanna get this thing started im sending out harassing emails as we speak to production companies asking where my money at!!
Back to top Go down
MuddyBuddy
SSXSRider Member
MuddyBuddy

PostSubject: Re: Rhino Revamped build!   Rhino Revamped build! EmptyWed Feb 16, 2011 1:28 pm

And I just realized nathan left his name logged in from when he was over here last night and it stayed logged in, so just pretend that the last post is mine lol
Back to top Go down
KYWILDCATS74

KYWILDCATS74

Number of posts : 98
Registration date : 2011-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Rhino Revamped build!   Rhino Revamped build! EmptyWed Feb 16, 2011 8:34 pm

I love the engine builds. It is like a kid Christmas morning when you get to take it down the road for the first time. I am more partial to the weber cams. Hope you have it going for the Brimestone trip.
Back to top Go down
MuddyBuddy
SSXSRider Member
MuddyBuddy

PostSubject: Re: Rhino Revamped build!   Rhino Revamped build! EmptyWed Feb 23, 2011 9:21 pm

Got the Orange spring for the clutch today, thanks again to Clay!!!! Ordering the trinity 686 top end either tomorrow or friday..... getting closer!
Back to top Go down
nocerisdave
SSXSRider Member
nocerisdave

Number of posts : 5674

PostSubject: Re: Rhino Revamped build!   Rhino Revamped build! EmptyWed Feb 23, 2011 9:45 pm

peppers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rhino Revamped build!   Rhino Revamped build! Empty

Back to top Go down

Rhino Revamped build!
Page 1 of 9Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next