SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

rhino vs rzrs

Go down 
+23
RangeRover
bush
ridepate
ChrisC
roadiestar
Baxter
Sporto
nocerisdave
Big-R
Gimpy
2Slow4U
BIG D 57
Craig_C
Smith700
jlsh4e
Clayboy
wvyankee2
MuddyBuddy
pit dog
bigbore
GunRunner
Foxfire
WV Hot Rod Rhino
27 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
TBONE21
SSXSRider Member
TBONE21

Number of posts : 737
Registration date : 2011-02-15

rhino vs rzrs - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: rhino vs rzrs   rhino vs rzrs - Page 5 EmptyTue Feb 15, 2011 6:16 pm

Heres the bottom line.........they all have their qwirks. They all have their problems. One is not better than the other.
POLARIS IS NOT THE GOLDEN CHILD. I have one and it has had its problems.
Everyone needs to buy what they want and enjoy what they want.
One does not wear better than the other.
Polaris has its problems just like all the other brands. I have owned some Polaris stuff and many of my friends have.
I have towed more Polaris's off the mountain that I can count......but my friends were VERY hard on them.
All of these machines are the same. If anyone has a better built its going to be a yamaha due to the fact its built in Japan and the others have outsourced to Mexico.
I have a RZR because of its nitch in how its fun. If someone comes out with something closer to the RZR then I am leaving Polaris and getting it. I would like to try something else to see if someone else is building something better in quality. I just want to try it.
This is a hobby and they all break and have to be fixed. You got to pay to play!
They are all the same! Polaris is in NO WAY better quailty. BELIEVE ME.
Now lets ride!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

Number of posts : 16074
Registration date : 2008-02-26

PostSubject: Re: rhino vs rzrs   rhino vs rzrs - Page 5 EmptyTue Feb 15, 2011 6:19 pm

TBONE21 wrote:
Heres the bottom line.........they all have their qwirks. They all have their problems. One is not better than the other.
POLARIS IS NOT THE GOLDEN CHILD. I have one and it has had its problems.
Everyone needs to buy what they want and enjoy what they want.
One does not wear better than the other.
Polaris has its problems just like all the other brands. I have owned some Polaris stuff and many of my friends have.
I have towed more Polaris's off the mountain that I can count......but my friends were VERY hard on them.
All of these machines are the same. If anyone has a better built its going to be a yamaha due to the fact its built in Japan and the others have outsourced to Mexico.
I have a RZR because of its nitch in how its fun. If someone comes out with something closer to the RZR then I am leaving Polaris and getting it. I would like to try something else to see if someone else is building something better in quality. I just want to try it.
This is a hobby and they all break and have to be fixed. You got to pay to play!
They are all the same! Polaris is in NO WAY better quailty. BELIEVE ME.
Now lets ride!!!!!

I have to agree with you. Welcome to the site!!!
Back to top Go down
Smith700
SSXSRider Member

Number of posts : 2713
Registration date : 2009-08-21

PostSubject: Re: rhino vs rzrs   rhino vs rzrs - Page 5 EmptyTue Feb 15, 2011 6:21 pm

Welcome.....
But I have to say, Yamaha's are built and assembled in Newman,Georgia.....the company is based out of Japan.
Back to top Go down
TBONE21
SSXSRider Member
TBONE21

PostSubject: Re: rhino vs rzrs   rhino vs rzrs - Page 5 EmptyTue Feb 15, 2011 6:22 pm

Thanks Big R!!! Nice to meet ya bud!!! Rockband
Back to top Go down
TBONE21
SSXSRider Member
TBONE21

PostSubject: Re: rhino vs rzrs   rhino vs rzrs - Page 5 EmptyTue Feb 15, 2011 6:23 pm

smith700 wrote:
Welcome.....
But I have to say, Yamaha's are built and assembled in Newman,Georgia.....the company is based out of Japan.

I will still take that over Mexico!
Back to top Go down
Foxfire
SSXSRider Member
Foxfire

Number of posts : 6060
Registration date : 2008-04-01

PostSubject: Re: rhino vs rzrs   rhino vs rzrs - Page 5 EmptyTue Feb 15, 2011 9:14 pm

Compa....eto no lagusta los Mexicano's Question
Back to top Go down
Doc
SSXSRider Member
Doc

Number of posts : 70
Registration date : 2011-02-09

PostSubject: Re: rhino vs rzrs   rhino vs rzrs - Page 5 EmptyWed Feb 16, 2011 1:30 am

nocerisdave wrote:
There are plenty of hills around here that my mostly stock Rhino wouldnt go up The Rhino would just quit pulling on them. The majority were in places like ravines where you couldnt get a run and go.

I have not become "one" with my Rhino yet, very few miles rode so can you xplain in detail before I find out on a hill? Even in low?
Back to top Go down
bush
SSXSRider Staff
bush

Number of posts : 6141
Registration date : 2008-06-06

PostSubject: Re: rhino vs rzrs   rhino vs rzrs - Page 5 EmptyWed Feb 16, 2011 1:53 am

WV Hot Rod Rhino wrote:
bush wrote:
built rhino vs stock rzrs on the trail is where i want to see and hope to find out this sat. my rzr is in need of a set of bushings but im just going to grease it up good and hit the trails. but i think the rhino will not leave me in the dust unless its a drag race.
i rode a rhino over 5 years and have had a rzr for 2 years and i just can see a rhino handling the trail at the speed the rzrs can.
the rhino was a little better built but i broke way more shit on it than the rzr.just go back on this site about 2 years and you can see all the broke parts.
i use to climb some hills on the rhino that was stupid now that i look back and think about it. my sac got a little bigger than it should have got. and any of you guys with the 660s may want to think about what would happen if you break an axle climbing a big steep hill. beleve me its not fun to break one and have to hit the brakes and only have brakes on three wheels.FYI 3 wheel will not hold you on a hill. even if you try to back down slow all it wants to go is turn sideways and thats not good on a steep hill.

you name it on a rhino and i more than likely i broke it on a rhino and i got pics to prove it.
between the 2 rzrs that i have had i have broke only the plastic front diff in the 09 and the trans that keep poping out of low on the S and thats even with rolling the 09 over a mountain and totaling it. winched it back on the trail and drove it to the truck. and i still say the fit and finish is a little better on a rhino.
the bushings on the rzr are a weak link but the rear knuckle bushings go bad on a rhino along with wheel bearings and break pads are the worst.

dont get me wrong, i bleed yamaha blue but something better has came along and its a polaris. yamaha will be back on top one day. but thats not today. like i said on another site i would rather have to change the bushings after every ride than to go back to trail rideing on a rhino again. and Monica will tell you that she would not go on a trail ride with me on a rhino again.
like others have said i dont care what you ride i will ride with ya. and i dont care about being the fastest if i did i would have some go fast mods.

wont argue with someone who dosent know how many brakes is on a rhino....just to let you know its 5 not 3. your arguing something you know nothing about.like i said i do this every day you dont

you name it on a rhino and i more than likely i broke it on a rhino and i got pics to prove it.
the pics
https://southernsxsriders.forumakers.com/t2820-some-of-my-broke-rhino-parts?highlight=broke+parts

james, i guess you dont know as much about the rhino as you think.
reread my post .
any of you guys with the 660s may want to think about what would happen if you break an axle climbing a big steep hill. beleve me its not fun to break one and have to hit the brakes and only have brakes on three wheels.FYI 3 wheel will not hold you on a hill.

they fixed that on the 700 along with lots of other things.

i may not work on them every day but i am on the internet and read about them everyday i know what im talking about before i post.

james, you are a great mechanic and have great ideas.i send people your way all the time for parts and help and will continue to do so. you have one bad ass rhino.
all im trying to say is that yamaha needs to step up and build a sport sxs. it will only better the sport.but for now polaris has the best trail machine. it may not be the best built but it is the funnest sxs to ride in the woods.

Last edited by bush on Wed Feb 16, 2011 3:12 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/bushrhino
bush
SSXSRider Staff
bush

Number of posts : 6141
Registration date : 2008-06-06

PostSubject: Re: rhino vs rzrs   rhino vs rzrs - Page 5 EmptyWed Feb 16, 2011 2:14 am

SBBDoc wrote:
nocerisdave wrote:
There are plenty of hills around here that my mostly stock Rhino wouldnt go up The Rhino would just quit pulling on them. The majority were in places like ravines where you couldnt get a run and go.

I have not become "one" with my Rhino yet, very few miles rode so can you xplain in detail before I find out on a hill? Even in low?

this is wide open with the rhino. i would hit it around 30mph and only be crawling at the top.