SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

rhino vs rzrs

Go down 
+23
RangeRover
bush
ridepate
ChrisC
roadiestar
Baxter
Sporto
nocerisdave
Big-R
Gimpy
2Slow4U
BIG D 57
Craig_C
Smith700
jlsh4e
Clayboy
wvyankee2
MuddyBuddy
pit dog
bigbore
GunRunner
Foxfire
WV Hot Rod Rhino
27 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
bigbore
SSXSRider Member
bigbore

Number of posts : 515
Registration date : 2009-06-08

rhino vs rzrs - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: rhino vs rzrs   rhino vs rzrs - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 12, 2011 4:49 pm

smith700 wrote:
Craig_C wrote:
Lol you simply stated that two cyls should beat one whether the single was modded or not...isn't a top fuel V-8 dragster modded? But the Viper has 2 more cyls so according to your statement it wouldn't matter if the V-8 was modded right?
Correct, I did say that, but compare "apples to apples". Your comparisons are totally different.
Guess we could also line up a RZR with a 5hp briggs and stratton junior drag car or a shifter cart on asphalt. Don't think the twin would win. Deep pockets win races. You either buy something faster or you put money into it to make it faster.
Back to top Go down
Clayboy
SSXSRider Member
Clayboy

Number of posts : 1861
Registration date : 2008-01-22

PostSubject: Re: rhino vs rzrs   rhino vs rzrs - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 12, 2011 4:51 pm

Again for page 2

Clayboy wrote:
Variety is the spice of life! We have all been down this road, so let's keep this thing real freindly here and enjoy each others opinions without getting ugly. Some of my best buds drive a different machine than I do but I still value them as a friend.
Back to top Go down
bigbore
SSXSRider Member
bigbore

PostSubject: Re: rhino vs rzrs   rhino vs rzrs - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 12, 2011 4:59 pm

Exactly Clayboy! There are points about each sxs that I like. RZR is sporty with power, minimal storage. Terex is powerful with storage but I thought it was too big. I really like these. I decided on the Rhino because of size and storage and a proven machine, but I gave up the power. If I had the money to drop a can am 800 in my Rhino, I would call that the ultimate sxs. Sure someone would disagree. lol!
Back to top Go down
Craig_C

Craig_C

Number of posts : 737
Registration date : 2010-06-21

PostSubject: Re: rhino vs rzrs   rhino vs rzrs - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 12, 2011 5:00 pm

smith700 wrote:
Craig_C wrote:
Lol you simply stated that two cyls should beat one whether the single was modded or not...isn't a top fuel V-8 dragster modded? But the Viper has 2 more cyls so according to your statement it wouldn't matter if the V-8 was modded right?
Correct, I did say that, but compare "apples to apples". Your comparisons are totally different.

Apples to apples...a rzr engine is 760cc vs a Rhinos 686. Yes the RZR has the cc advantage but its a dinosaur 2 valve pushrod motor vs the 4 valve ohc Rhino motor. So a modded Rhino engine responds more to mods than the RZR. So a stock RZR vs a well modded Rhino really isn't apples to apples anymore. An exhaust does nothing for a RZR, nor does an intake system. If you were to bore the RZR and go with an upgraded cam and ignition setup, like the famous "Huntersworks" kits do, the RZR is going to come out on top. I have owned, loved, and sometime miss my old Rhino...but it could never, no matter how many mods be the trail machine my RZR is.

Our "world famous" Hill of Terror, Eddie Rock, and Power Line trails here in Meade Co. KY will prove it time and time again.
Back to top Go down
bigbore
SSXSRider Member
bigbore

PostSubject: Re: rhino vs rzrs   rhino vs rzrs - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 12, 2011 5:04 pm

What keeps all Rhinos from climbing these hills. Don't they have 4 wheel drive like the RZR? scratch
Back to top Go down
Craig_C

Craig_C

PostSubject: Re: rhino vs rzrs   rhino vs rzrs - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 12, 2011 5:19 pm

bigbore wrote:
What keeps all Rhinos from climbing these hills. Don't they have 4 wheel drive like the RZR? scratch

Chassis design...4wd is 4wd no matter what machine you ride. I'm not trying to start a war, but an earlier poster stated that many RZRs have been destroyed trying to follow his Rhino. No offense to any Rhino owners, as I used to be one, but it must have been RZR 170's that have he has been riding with! When the RZR first came around, my riding buddies and me broke many Rhino and Teryx parts trying to prove to RZR owners wrong. Unfortunatly, we never could. So our only choice was to join them.
Back to top Go down
bigbore
SSXSRider Member
bigbore

PostSubject: Re: rhino vs rzrs   rhino vs rzrs - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 12, 2011 5:48 pm

I am with you on joining the RZR's clan. I love the machine. I am also continually impressed with the Rhino. I have come to several hills that gave me doubt but the Rhino climbed them with confidence. Even a stock Rhino has drivers with different levels of ability and SAC sizes. lol! To lump all Rhinos in a group might rub some feathers the wrong way. 2cents
Back to top Go down
Clayboy
SSXSRider Member
Clayboy

PostSubject: Re: rhino vs rzrs   rhino vs rzrs - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 12, 2011 6:10 pm

bigbore wrote:
I am with you on joining the RZR's clan. I love the machine. I am also continually impressed with the Rhino. I have come to several hills that gave me doubt but the Rhino climbed them with confidence. Even a stock Rhino has drivers with different levels of ability and SAC sizes. lol! To lump all Rhinos in a group might rub some feathers the wrong way. 2cents

I hear ya man!!! I ran out of SAC a few times myself!

rhino vs rzrs - Page 2 Evarts10
Back to top Go down
Clayboy
SSXSRider Member
Clayboy

PostSubject: Re: rhino vs rzrs   rhino vs rzrs - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 12, 2011 6:12 pm

That was a real good time with some REAL GOOD FRIENDS! thatsright
Back to top Go down
bigbore
SSXSRider Member
bigbore

PostSubject: Re: rhino vs rzrs   rhino vs rzrs - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 12, 2011 6:23 pm

Clay, that looks like it was caused by too much SAC! I had one of those days, took 3 winches and a chain saw. lol! SAC or wine anyway. drunken
Back to top Go down
Clayboy
SSXSRider Member
Clayboy

PostSubject: Re: rhino vs rzrs   rhino vs rzrs - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 12, 2011 6:57 pm

Sac, Wine, cold beer,,,, what's the difference? I needed a little help right then..... drive
Back to top Go down
BIG D 57
SSXSRider Member
BIG D 57

Number of posts : 2087
Registration date : 2010-01-05

PostSubject: Re: rhino vs rzrs   rhino vs rzrs - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 12, 2011 7:08 pm

2cents I Love my Rhino, when i need two put two deer in it
and go up hill, FORD--DODGE????? ALWAYS DODGE
Men will always debate their toys. Also my rhino hauls gravel, firewood, a large cooler, WERE CAN YOU PUT A 60 QT COOLER IN A RZR roflmao
Back to top Go down
pit dog
SSXSRider Member
pit dog

Number of posts : 1380
Registration date : 2010-02-28

PostSubject: Re: rhino vs rzrs   rhino vs rzrs - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 12, 2011 7:21 pm

I love my teryx. Bottom line who cares,just get out in the woods and have a good time,with good people. Don't let little peter syndrome ruin your day. roflmao
Back to top Go down
2Slow4U
SSXSRider Member
2Slow4U

Number of posts : 1657
Registration date : 2009-05-18

PostSubject: Re: rhino vs rzrs   rhino vs rzrs - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 12, 2011 7:29 pm

pit dog wrote:
I love my teryx. Bottom line who cares,just get out in the woods and have a good time,with good people. Don't let little peter syndrome ruin your day. roflmao

Well said! thatsright
Back to top Go down
http://www.simpletractors.com
Craig_C

Craig_C

PostSubject: Re: rhino vs rzrs   rhino vs rzrs - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 12, 2011 7:46 pm

BIG D 57 wrote:
Men will always debate their toys. Also my rhino hauls gravel, firewood, a large cooler, WERE CAN YOU PUT A 60 QT COOLER IN A RZR roflmao

What the hell do you need with a 60 QT cooler in the woods for?
Back to top Go down
bigbore
SSXSRider Member
bigbore

PostSubject: Re: rhino vs rzrs   rhino vs rzrs - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 12, 2011 7:56 pm

Craig_C wrote:
BIG D 57 wrote:

Have you seen the way the people on this site drink when they are on the trail? lol! thatsright Chug drunken vomit Beer Drunk2 EZRA rhino vs rzrs - Page 2 907202 Bottoms Up
Back to top Go down
Clayboy
SSXSRider Member
Clayboy

PostSubject: Re: rhino vs rzrs   rhino vs rzrs - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 12, 2011 8:03 pm

Craig_C wrote:
BIG D 57 wrote:

Guilty as charged!!! I would really like a 100qt just to share with my friends. thatsright thatsright
Back to top Go down
Craig_C

Craig_C

PostSubject: Re: rhino vs rzrs   rhino vs rzrs - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 12, 2011 8:06 pm

You haven't rode with us...but hell unless he is packing drinks for everyone else...damn! I can strap a 30 pack in the passenger seat! I'm not sure how much a guy can drink on a tank of fuel....lol must be a case of drinking while watching the RZR guys climb hills the Rhino won't do!!
Back to top Go down
WV Hot Rod Rhino

WV Hot Rod Rhino

Number of posts : 150
Registration date : 2011-01-04

PostSubject: Re: rhino vs rzrs   rhino vs rzrs - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 12, 2011 8:20 pm

Craig_C wrote:
bigbore wrote:

Chassis design...4wd is 4wd no matter what machine you ride. I'm not trying to start a war, but an earlier poster stated that many RZRs have been destroyed trying to follow his Rhino. No offense to any Rhino owners, as I used to be one, but it must have been RZR 170's that have he has been riding with! When the RZR first came around, my riding buddies and me broke many Rhino and Teryx parts trying to prove to RZR owners wrong. Unfortunatly, we never could. So our only choice was to join them.

I guess all 5 of my buddies got lemons ... must of been a bad shipment to WV. I fix them wonderful, hill climbing RZR's everyday ... what I said is come hang in the woods with me on my rough, ungroomed trails and it won't last. RZR 170 ... LOL ... are you serious ... come on dude?!?! Bring it on up here and I'll show you. Lots of SAC, no SAC, big dick, no dick ... it don't matter ... no bullshit here ... all facts!!!
Back to top Go down
Gimpy
SSXSRider Member
Gimpy

Number of posts : 7708
Registration date : 2009-10-01

PostSubject: Re: rhino vs rzrs   rhino vs rzrs - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 12, 2011 8:24 pm

WV Hot Rod Rhino wrote:
I dont rebuild my motor every 2000 miles because of a dust problem..or my diffs aint wore out and my a-arm bushings aint wore out and my wheels aint floppingand maybe if my buddys wasnt spending money on all that crap they could build there motor up....they spend twice as much as me and have to work on them all the time while im riding....2 of them have rzrs with less than 300 miles on them and every thing under the front is shot from chasing ME....mine has 5200 miles all original a-arm bushings- axles ect ect....these are facts... come chase this rhino and that rzr will fall apart.....LOL

Bad opinions of something you don't own is always self opinionated. I ride with lots of friends with Rhinos, 4 wheelers, RZR's, RZRS's, T-Rex's and I have never been opionated about what the have. I just go for the ride, not the B.S. of thinking I something better. I have over 900 miles on my 2010 RZRS. Never had a dust problem, no diff problem, no wore out A-arm bushings, no flopping wheels, no after maket motor work, never even a flat tire, except a rock caught my valve stem once. So I gues you wen't talking about my RZRS after all.
Back to top Go down
http://lwurzel@twc.com
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

Number of posts : 16074
Registration date : 2008-02-26

PostSubject: Re: rhino vs rzrs   rhino vs rzrs - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 12, 2011 8:29 pm

smith700 wrote:
GunRunner wrote:
Bulit rhino vs stock rzr. Its like anything else spend enough cash and get the result. Now take both machines and bulid them and it wont end that way.
It's 2 cylinders vs. 1 cylinder. The RZR should beat it all day.......built or not.
I smoked a RZR-S with Muzzy's duals at the drag strip at WR a couple weeks ago...I can't remember who recorded it???....and mine is loaded down with weight.

The two fire as one. Unlike the XP or Terxy. Very big difference.
Clayboy wrote:
That was a real good time with some REAL GOOD FRIENDS! thatsright

You got that right. "467 miles to the out skirts of Las Vagas" thatsright

bigbore wrote:
Clay, that looks like it was caused by too much SAC! I had one of those days, took 3 winches and a chain saw. lol! SAC or wine anyway. drunken

A SAC of 30........ thatsright
Back to top Go down
Clayboy
SSXSRider Member
Clayboy

PostSubject: Re: rhino vs rzrs   rhino vs rzrs - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 12, 2011 8:32 pm

Easy Bro,,,,, hot trails and cold Beer is what we do best..... Friendly kind of thing here. I really don't care if you got a Murry lawn mower hooked up with Swamp-lites,,,,, we drink,,, we have fun and we go back to who we have to be. Dust, rocks, mud, snow, ice, we ride and party at the same time. If you do not like that then check out the sand sites and see how that woks out for you. Best wishes!
Back to top Go down
Clayboy
SSXSRider Member
Clayboy

PostSubject: Re: rhino vs rzrs   rhino vs rzrs - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 12, 2011 8:33 pm

467 miles and I mapquested that shit! thatsright thatsright
Back to top Go down
WV Hot Rod Rhino

WV Hot Rod Rhino

Number of posts : 150
Registration date : 2011-01-04

PostSubject: Re: rhino vs rzrs   rhino vs rzrs - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 12, 2011 8:49 pm

Clayboy wrote:
Easy Bro,,,,, hot trails and cold Beer is what we do best..... Friendly kind of thing here. I really don't care if you got a Murry lawn mower hooked up with Swamp-lites,,,,, we drink,,, we have fun and we go back to who we have to be. Dust, rocks, mud, snow, ice, we ride and party at the same time. If you do not like that then check out the sand sites and see how that woks out for you. Best wishes!

Sorry .... didn't mean to stir the pot this much ... there are Teryx's, RZR's & Rhino's in my family & that's my good buddy in the RZR S in the video. I work on his bike every time he needs it ... for free ... along with all my other RZR ridin buddies. If you talk to anyone that knows me, I'll do anything for anybody. No matter what I've ever said about my Rhino, this site or others, Gunrunner always has somethin negative to say so I retaliated at him ... not in a vicious or mean way just to give him shit right back. 1 time he posted somewhere that my Rhino outrunning a RZR was in my imagination LOL.
Back to top Go down
nocerisdave
SSXSRider Member
nocerisdave

Number of posts : 5674

PostSubject: Re: rhino vs rzrs   rhino vs rzrs - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 12, 2011 10:30 pm

deadhorse
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: rhino vs rzrs   rhino vs rzrs - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

rhino vs rzrs
Page 2 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next