SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Todays ride and long walk back

Go down 
+6
rcmass
Bigg Bubba
shawnley1222
erskin18
Bad Behavior
c5tiger
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
c5tiger

Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2008-04-11

Todays ride and long walk back Empty
PostSubject: Todays ride and long walk back   Todays ride and long walk back EmptySat May 03, 2008 8:19 pm

Some pics we took today while riding. The swamps are starting to get low enough to start riding again. My brother wanted to go but was to lazy to walk the 200' to the shed and get his atv so he rode with me. We got stuck so he had to walk 1.5 miles to get the same atv he should have had all along.

Todays ride and long walk back DSC05743Small
Todays ride and long walk back DSC05746Small
Todays ride and long walk back DSC05749Small
Todays ride and long walk back DSC05753Small
Todays ride and long walk back DSC05756Small
Todays ride and long walk back DSC05762Small
Todays ride and long walk back DSC05763Small
Todays ride and long walk back DSC05775Small
Todays ride and long walk back DSC05788Small
Todays ride and long walk back DSC05794Small
Todays ride and long walk back DSC05795Small
Todays ride and long walk back DSC05796Small
Back to top Go down
Bad Behavior

Bad Behavior

Number of posts : 263
Registration date : 2008-04-03

PostSubject: Re: Todays ride and long walk back   Todays ride and long walk back EmptySat May 03, 2008 8:44 pm

Ya'll couldn't get that gator to come pull you out? :) That looks like some sticky stuff. Man, walking SUCKS!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
erskin18

erskin18

Number of posts : 179
Registration date : 2008-03-23

PostSubject: Re: Todays ride and long walk back   Todays ride and long walk back EmptySat May 03, 2008 8:51 pm

COOL PICS !!!!!
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Todays ride and long walk back   Todays ride and long walk back EmptySat May 03, 2008 8:53 pm

that mud looked pretty bad... did it take ya long to get out?
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Todays ride and long walk back   Todays ride and long walk back EmptySun May 04, 2008 8:17 am

I'm not riding anywhere close to a gator No
Back to top Go down
shawnley1222
SSXSRider Member
shawnley1222

Number of posts : 2745
Registration date : 2008-01-22

PostSubject: Re: Todays ride and long walk back   Todays ride and long walk back EmptySun May 04, 2008 10:03 am

Looks nice and sticky always roll with someone else or at least a winch :)
Back to top Go down
c5tiger

PostSubject: Re: Todays ride and long walk back   Todays ride and long walk back EmptySun May 04, 2008 12:06 pm

Bad Behavior wrote:
Man, walking SUCKS!!!!!!!!
Wheelin and I would probably disagree :D , but yes that walk would have been no fun.

I have an old sportsman 500 with a 2000# winch. I was not sure if it would pull me out or not, but it did very easily. The mud was not as thick as it looked it just did not have a bottom, its what we call pluff mudd here in the lowcountry.
pluff mud

My next purchace will be fender flares, all the mud you see in the wheels ended up on me on the way home. I usually try to stay out of the mud as much as possible to keep from rutting the trails.
Back to top Go down
Bigg Bubba

Bigg Bubba

Number of posts : 343

PostSubject: Re: Todays ride and long walk back   Todays ride and long walk back EmptySun May 04, 2008 9:24 pm

nice pics.
Back to top Go down
rcmass

rcmass

Number of posts : 999
Registration date : 2008-02-01

PostSubject: Re: Todays ride and long walk back   Todays ride and long walk back EmptyMon May 05, 2008 9:31 am

sorry but someone has to say it....

P - O - L - A - R - I - S

Please,

Oh

Lord,

All

Right,

Im

Stuck!

hate it for you - lord knows we have been in that spot once or twice ourselves! Wink
Back to top Go down
rcmass

rcmass

PostSubject: Re: Todays ride and long walk back   Todays ride and long walk back EmptyMon May 05, 2008 9:34 am

c5tiger wrote:

Todays ride and long walk back DSC05794Small

and by the way - that is some nasty low country pluff mud that would've gobbled up any machine - except that Samurai with 60" tires someone posted a while back Wink
Back to top Go down
shawnley1222
SSXSRider Member
shawnley1222

PostSubject: Re: Todays ride and long walk back   Todays ride and long walk back EmptyMon May 05, 2008 4:43 pm

not 60s 40 boggers now its got 42ish tractor tires

Todays ride and long walk back Samuri
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Todays ride and long walk back   Todays ride and long walk back EmptyMon May 05, 2008 6:24 pm

Nice mud!!!!!!!! Pluff!!!!!!!! Thats funny.... rebel
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

Number of posts : 16074
Registration date : 2008-02-26

PostSubject: Re: Todays ride and long walk back   Todays ride and long walk back EmptyMon May 05, 2008 6:45 pm

Nice pics
Back to top Go down
nocerisdave
SSXSRider Member
nocerisdave

Number of posts : 5674

PostSubject: Re: Todays ride and long walk back   Todays ride and long walk back EmptyMon May 05, 2008 9:33 pm

I am at that start of Wheeler Wildlife Refuge here in north AL and that looks like some of the stuff I ride in, except for that big ass wallet floating in the one pic. The biggest one I have seen here is about 3 footer. I guess the weather up here stunts their growth a little. Probably 50% of folks here would say we dont have any gators....but we do. I love those swampy areas its sure amazing how much wildlife is sustained in the swamps.
Back to top Go down
shawnley1222
SSXSRider Member
shawnley1222

PostSubject: Re: Todays ride and long walk back   Todays ride and long walk back EmptyMon May 05, 2008 10:09 pm

Back to top Go down
nocerisdave
SSXSRider Member
nocerisdave

Number of posts : 5674

PostSubject: Re: Todays ride and long walk back   Todays ride and long walk back EmptyMon May 05, 2008 10:12 pm

Shiziat. I wonder if that four wheeler taste like chicken.
Back to top Go down
shawnley1222
SSXSRider Member
shawnley1222

PostSubject: Re: Todays ride and long walk back   Todays ride and long walk back EmptyMon May 05, 2008 10:17 pm

nocerisdave wrote:
Shiziat. I wonder if that four wheeler taste like chicken.

dunno ran across that over there and nearly poo myself just lookin at it that guys have some serious b_ _ _ s for snappin the pics instead of just high tailin it
Back to top Go down
rcmass

rcmass

PostSubject: Re: Todays ride and long walk back   Todays ride and long walk back EmptyTue May 06, 2008 8:01 am

shawnley1222 wrote:
not 60s 40 boggers now its got 42ish tractor tires

Todays ride and long walk back Samuri

now this could've made it through...

i think c5tiger is in sc - and yes even up here in nc and parts of southernv va coasta flood plains are present with gators...they do get smaller as you go north.
Back to top Go down
c5tiger

PostSubject: Re: Todays ride and long walk back   Todays ride and long walk back EmptyTue May 06, 2008 9:55 am

We have a small pond that is used as a nest by alligators. Several years ago I went and checked out the pond and it was full of baby gators about 1.5 feet long. I knew the mother was gone so I went back with food to play with the babies. They would come to you and eat out of your hand, I was surprised at how tame they were. I told my girlfriend at the time about it and she wanted to see them. I took her there and she was a little nervous. She asked me if I was scared of the mother and I said "No I am faster than you". Took her a second to figure that out. I though it was funny she failed to see the humor in it.
Back to top Go down
Bad Behavior

Bad Behavior

PostSubject: Re: Todays ride and long walk back   Todays ride and long walk back EmptyTue May 06, 2008 10:14 am

That was some crazy poo !!! I don't mind gators, but I don't wan them that close, either.....
Back to top Go down
rcmass

rcmass

PostSubject: Re: Todays ride and long walk back   Todays ride and long walk back EmptyTue May 06, 2008 11:44 am

I have skied in tournaments with gators on the banks... and skied in New Zealand with Crocs on the banks... that was a lil more intimidating.... either or I try to avoid.
Back to top Go down
Bad Behavior

Bad Behavior

PostSubject: Re: Todays ride and long walk back   Todays ride and long walk back EmptyTue May 06, 2008 11:51 am

We ski over on the Tombigbee in Alabama, and you see gators there quite a bit. When my wife drops/falls, I better not waste too much time gettin to her w/ the boat. She's actually gotten better in the last couple of years. I almost hit one with the boat a couple years ago. We've seen several dead and floating, I guess from being hit by the tugs/barges. Gators are cool, I like em, just don't want to swim with them.... I would like to catch one that's about 1 to 2 feet long, as long as mommy's not around....... rebel
Back to top Go down
shawnley1222
SSXSRider Member
shawnley1222

PostSubject: Re: Todays ride and long walk back   Todays ride and long walk back EmptyTue May 06, 2008 4:57 pm

Only time i wanna see them that close is when im gator huntin but i swin with em if not stay in a pool or not go swimin they are in almost every fresh water down here...shoot i hoped out of a canoe when i was like 12 and chased down a 8 footer but he went into some marsh and i let him roll on
Back to top Go down
Bad Behavior

Bad Behavior

PostSubject: Re: Todays ride and long walk back   Todays ride and long walk back EmptyTue May 06, 2008 5:01 pm

I'm sure I swim with 'em more than I know. :D There used to be ALOT of them in the lake I live on, but everbody says that they are all gone now, but I have seen at least one, since I've lived there. But it was up on the upper end, where it's real wooded and not much traffic, except for fishermen every now and then.
Back to top Go down
Hillbilly9903

Hillbilly9903

Number of posts : 46
Registration date : 2008-04-27

PostSubject: Re: Todays ride and long walk back   Todays ride and long walk back EmptyTue May 06, 2008 5:46 pm

you see me in the water with a GATOR do me a favor call someone cause something bad has happened or is about to ..................i will probably make two movements a physical movement and a boul movement
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Todays ride and long walk back   Todays ride and long walk back Empty

Back to top Go down

Todays ride and long walk back
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next