SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

rhino clutch slipping

Go down 
+8
roadiestar
Smith700
Stakk
bush
Triple J
Big-R
ridepate
DOG
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
DOG
SSXSRider Member
DOG

Number of posts : 1305
Registration date : 2010-02-20

rhino clutch slipping Empty
PostSubject: rhino clutch slipping   rhino clutch slipping EmptySun Feb 27, 2011 8:31 pm

i can fell the clutch slipping at low speeds so i bought a new belt and tore into it today and the factory belt still looks brand new. could it be stretched? have no other ideals if it aint. does anybody else?
Back to top Go down
ridepate
SSXSRider Staff
ridepate

Number of posts : 6409
Registration date : 2009-04-23

PostSubject: Re: rhino clutch slipping   rhino clutch slipping EmptySun Feb 27, 2011 8:45 pm

rhinorider259 wrote:
i can fell the clutch slipping at low speeds so i bought a new belt and tore into it today and the factory belt still looks brand new. could it be stretched? have no other ideals if it aint. does anybody else?

You take the sheave apart and check for dryness/dirt, ect.?? The stock belt is a good one. There is a spec on it's width, that's where the wear occurs even though it may look new.
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

Number of posts : 16074
Registration date : 2008-02-26

PostSubject: Re: rhino clutch slipping   rhino clutch slipping EmptySun Feb 27, 2011 9:21 pm

ridepate wrote:
rhinorider259 wrote:

You take the sheave apart and check for dryness/dirt, ect.?? The stock belt is a good one. There is a spec on it's width, that's where the wear occurs even though it may look new.

Yeah pate is right. You can mic it. I think between 34 and 32 mm is spec. I am not for sure. It has been along time since I did mine. I know that mine showed no wear after 1700 miles.
Back to top Go down
Triple J

Triple J

Number of posts : 240
Registration date : 2009-01-15

PostSubject: Re: rhino clutch slipping   rhino clutch slipping EmptyMon Feb 28, 2011 5:35 am

I'd suspect your one way bearing.

Has your engine braking gotten worse?
Back to top Go down
DOG
SSXSRider Member
DOG

PostSubject: Re: rhino clutch slipping   rhino clutch slipping EmptyMon Feb 28, 2011 4:40 pm

no just the slipping when starting and trying to climb hills. it even slips when you slow down to go over a fire break then start again.
Back to top Go down
bush
SSXSRider Staff
bush

Number of posts : 6141
Registration date : 2008-06-06

PostSubject: Re: rhino clutch slipping   rhino clutch slipping EmptyMon Feb 28, 2011 5:31 pm

do you smell burning rubber?

Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/bushrhino
DOG
SSXSRider Member
DOG

PostSubject: Re: rhino clutch slipping   rhino clutch slipping EmptyMon Feb 28, 2011 6:15 pm

no i havent that i can remember
Back to top Go down
Stakk

Stakk

Number of posts : 482
Registration date : 2009-01-10

PostSubject: Re: rhino clutch slipping   rhino clutch slipping EmptyTue Mar 01, 2011 11:36 am

Sounds more like the internal centrifugal clutch instead of the belt or external clutches
Back to top Go down
bush
SSXSRider Staff
bush

PostSubject: Re: rhino clutch slipping   rhino clutch slipping EmptyTue Mar 01, 2011 3:57 pm

its ether the wet clutch or the cam-plate in the sheave or one of the pulleys is starting to strip the splines.
Back to top Go down
DOG
SSXSRider Member
DOG

PostSubject: Re: rhino clutch slipping   rhino clutch slipping EmptyWed Mar 02, 2011 7:01 pm

i need help please i took the old belt off put the brand new one on. pulled both primary and secondary clutches looked at the splines on the ends of the shafts and in the clutch looked good. put all back togather and it wont pull a gressy string out of a rats butt. any help i have no money to take this thing to the shop. thanks
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

PostSubject: Re: rhino clutch slipping   rhino clutch slipping EmptyWed Mar 02, 2011 9:09 pm

rhinorider259 wrote:
i need help please i took the old belt off put the brand new one on. pulled both primary and secondary clutches looked at the splines on the ends of the shafts and in the clutch looked good. put all back togather and it wont pull a gressy string out of a rats butt. any help i have no money to take this thing to the shop. thanks

Are you sure you got the nut for the sheave tight. It is some what easy to NOT get it on right.
Back to top Go down
DOG
SSXSRider Member
DOG

PostSubject: Re: rhino clutch slipping   rhino clutch slipping EmptyWed Mar 02, 2011 9:38 pm

as far as i know i got it on there and psuhed up on the splines and then put the washer on the splines to.

Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

PostSubject: Re: rhino clutch slipping   rhino clutch slipping EmptyWed Mar 02, 2011 9:56 pm

rhinorider259 wrote:
as far as i know i got it on there and psuhed up on the splines and then put the washer on the splines to.

Well, I am not sure. However, I am sure someone on here can help.
Back to top Go down
DOG
SSXSRider Member
DOG

PostSubject: Re: rhino clutch slipping   rhino clutch slipping EmptyThu Mar 03, 2011 7:01 am

i hope so i am at my wits end with this problem.
Back to top Go down
Smith700
SSXSRider Member

Number of posts : 2713
Registration date : 2009-08-21

PostSubject: Re: rhino clutch slipping   rhino clutch slipping EmptyThu Mar 03, 2011 3:19 pm

Hey Rhino-Rider, While you have your sheave off, I would send it off to WV Hot Rod Rhino, and have him mill it. The way he mills it is designed for the OD weights, but unlike a "machined sheave"....To give low-end with the OD weights.

I am sending mine off today to have him do mine.
Back to top Go down
bush
SSXSRider Staff
bush

PostSubject: Re: rhino clutch slipping   rhino clutch slipping EmptyThu Mar 03, 2011 4:00 pm

rhinorider259 wrote:

did you clean the sheave out and regrease?
Back to top Go down
DOG
SSXSRider Member
DOG

PostSubject: Re: rhino clutch slipping   rhino clutch slipping EmptyThu Mar 03, 2011 6:12 pm

no grease in mine it has the greaseless overdrive sliders. i went my local yamaha dealer and they say most likely internal clutch pack. 285 for the part and 2 or 3 hrs labor 65 and hour labor. anybody know where i might get it done cheaper? i am not wanting to tear into this depth myself.

Last edited by rhinorider259 on Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
roadiestar

roadiestar

Number of posts : 842
Registration date : 2008-01-25

PostSubject: Re: rhino clutch slipping   rhino clutch slipping EmptyThu Mar 03, 2011 6:51 pm

sounds like the wet clutch is shot
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

PostSubject: Re: rhino clutch slipping   rhino clutch slipping EmptyThu Mar 03, 2011 7:48 pm

rhinorider259 wrote:
no grease in mine it has the greaseless overdrive sliders. i went my local yamaha dealer and they say most likely internal clutch pack. 28 for the part and 2 or 3 hrs labor 65 and hour labor. anybody know where i might get it done cheaper? i am not wanting to tear into this depth myself.

Yeah I could get it done cheaper but it would cost you more in fuel to get here....... lol!
Back to top Go down
DOG
SSXSRider Member
DOG

PostSubject: Re: rhino clutch slipping   rhino clutch slipping EmptyThu Mar 03, 2011 9:24 pm

yeah tell me about it big r
Back to top Go down
Wingman
SSXSRider Member

Number of posts : 557
Registration date : 2008-01-22

PostSubject: Re: rhino clutch slipping   rhino clutch slipping EmptyFri Mar 04, 2011 6:49 am

When you had both sheaves off you were not far from the clutch pack. The most time consuming part after the sheaves is taking all the bolts out of the back half of the belt cover. Just remember to drain your oil.
Back to top Go down
DOG
SSXSRider Member
DOG

PostSubject: Re: rhino clutch slipping   rhino clutch slipping EmptyFri Mar 04, 2011 3:04 pm

i am just going to take it to the dealer i guess i dont know enough about this stuff to go any further i think. thanks for the info everybody
Back to top Go down
misterp
SSXSRider Member
misterp

Number of posts : 293
Registration date : 2008-01-25

PostSubject: Re: rhino clutch slipping   rhino clutch slipping EmptyFri Mar 18, 2011 6:19 am

have you tried changing the engine oil? the wet clutch gets it lube from the engline, and it don't like certian oils. I't don't like synthetic at all. I put mobile one in mine and it was slipping bad. drained it, put penzoil in it, worked fine.
Back to top Go down
DOG
SSXSRider Member
DOG

PostSubject: Re: rhino clutch slipping   rhino clutch slipping EmptyFri Mar 18, 2011 10:16 pm

still at the dealer 2 weeks later they say they are still waiting on a part. it was worse than first thought not only is the inner clutch bad but the housing too. they are talking 600 to 700 to fix it.
Back to top Go down
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
wvyankee2

Number of posts : 10318
Registration date : 2008-01-22

PostSubject: Re: rhino clutch slipping   rhino clutch slipping EmptySat Mar 19, 2011 9:46 am

rhinorider259 wrote:
still at the dealer 2 weeks later they say they are still waiting on a part. it was worse than first thought not only is the inner clutch bad but the housing too. they are talking 600 to 700 to fix it.

Have them show you whats wrong and take some pics and post them up.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: rhino clutch slipping   rhino clutch slipping Empty

Back to top Go down

rhino clutch slipping
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next